Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Genuinely curious, does this type of advertising really resonate with anyone? I honestly could care less about these one off Ford modified showcase cars. I thought Jim Farley saw the light on needless advertising spending.

If this does result in a new trim line, I can’t imagine it having a high uptake.
Does a teaser video advertising work?

Absolutely! We are talking about it aren’t we?

Do 1 off performance variants help sell cars?

The Mach E 1400 definitely got people excited (myself included) and got a lot of people to plop down deposits on a GT.

At least half of the point of advertising is exposure…….. letting people know you exist. I would say…… success!
Sponsored

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Unless Ford redesigns the battery strategy, I’m moving on with a different BEV of an undecided ATM choice. Mastercard colors are unimpressive to me. And I thought the S650 headlights were inspired by the Mach E, not the other way around. LOL

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Realize that the Goodwood Festival of Speed is an event similar to the Pike’s Peak Hill Climb. Likely this is a one-off showcase rather than a new trim level. Recently the fastest climbs have been production-based AWD EVs. Highly doubtful a production-based MME is going to make much noise on the quicker side of the chart unless the entire powertrain is replaced. 🤷‍♂️🐩

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
Off road friendly MME? If it had a hitch receiver, roof rails, and more ground clearance that could be useful but still not solve the 5 second rule or decrease charging times.
an offroad MME would be closer to a "real" mustang than anything else Ford has made.

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
As @christooma already pointed out: The livery matches the ones on the new GT3 and GT4 Mustangs - see picture. I would say this probably hints towards it not being a new trim level, but rather some sort of race version of the MME.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford teases new Mustang Mach-E trim coming? Rally version? Ford-Mustang-GT4-Gallery-2023-39

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I know, and it's too early to say. Some rally cars are designed for all around performance, that would be pretty cool if this was something like that. Some 600-700 hp production model designed to haul ass on a track and off-road to a lesser degree.

But if it's a jacked up, off-road focused mach-e that compromises road going performance for off-road driving, I'll be super confused.
I will bet it turns out to be a bunch of stickers and a stiffer suspension on a GTPE

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
We removed that pesky Magna ride you all hate... and replaced it with the stock Premium for handling whoops in sand dunes and shaking martinis.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks more like a Rally car version to me.

Dirt off road, suspension looks higher/higher ground clearance.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford teases new Mustang Mach-E trim coming? Rally version? Ford-Mustang-GT4-Gallery-2023-39
10 second power drop off included. Subcription service for more power only $1000 per year.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Except Ford is planning a road going version of the S650 GT3 racecar.....

Spied - road going version of Mustang GT3....
Yeah, but they have to make enough copies to homologate. Every manufacturer with a GT3 homologated car builds a bunch of customer cars in order to meet the minimum production numbers. The number that will end up as actual street cars is usually low. 🤷‍♂️🐩