Country flag
GM IS doing the same thing

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You paid for the package that includes the hardware for Bluecruise, but didn’t pay the $600 for the 3 year subscription.

So you still paid something in my mind.
Yes, I paid for the hardware and I received the hardware. Doesn't really seem the same as shipping a vehicle without chips to me. What was missing from my car was the software, and Ford hasn't charged me for that (yet).

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Say, I see you got a new car?

Yep, but the heated seats, rear A/C, smart cruise, rear defoggers, power seat memory, auto-dim high beams, and clock are coming later. In 3 or 4 or maybe 5 months I'll have to leave my car for 3 or 4 days with a dealer I hate, but at least it's a new car, huh? Oh, and they don't have to replace the roof and windshield on the newer ones, so that's good.

And the really good news is the ADM was only $5,000.00.

Ugh.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Lets go back to crank up windows, non-motorized seats, manual everything-possible.... lots less wire, hundreds fewer chips.

I DON'T WANT all the auto-everything, and the cost that comes with it. Yes, I want an electric motor drivetrain.... but I really DON'T WANT all the other stuff. I wish there was a base model that really was a stripped down, low weight, high performance vehicle.

I DON'T WANT auto lane centering, a zillion sensors, automatic emergency braking and steering....I'd much rather have manual everything, keep it simple, and have realistic expectation of non-'consumable' parts like freakin door handles lasting 20+years.
Sounds like this is designed with you in mind: :D
A DIY build-your-own electric car kit!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford will ship and sell vehicles without chips controlling non-safety critical features BYO-EV-FI-02

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
I thought that was only for the Explorer?
They will be shipping Explorers with face plates over the panel where the controls for rear heat and a/c would be and heated rear seats will not work until they ship the parts. Explorers are the only vehicles we were made aware of at the meeting on Friday.

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Is this the start? Are we headed to 3rd rate industrialism because we allowed ourselves to let go of vital manufacturing?

C'mon Detroit.... Shake some loose change outta your pockets and build a plant or two here.
It take a lot of money and time to make a chip factory? You can't do it overnight and it ain't cheap. Intel is making a big investment to build a two new ones for up to $20 billion in Ohio and Samsung is building one in Texas for $17 Billion. Both of them will take several yrs to build so good for the long term but won't help the current shortage

Chiboyal

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It would be a huge mistake to apply this partially completed concept to a moneymaker vehicle! MME is Ford’s flagship EV. They should make the sacrifice with other vehicles in the line up. Not this one…

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag
Wondering if Ford stopped taking orders for the MachE all together? I can build any other vehicle on ford.com
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford will ship and sell vehicles without chips controlling non-safety critical features Screenshot_20220315-085131

hapa1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select – Space White
Country flag
Wondering if Ford stopped taking orders for the MachE all together? I can build any other vehicle on ford.com
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford will ship and sell vehicles without chips controlling non-safety critical features Screenshot_20220315-085131
It's letting me place an order. But the Mach-E homepage looks different than it did yesterday:

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.41.27 AM.png
Sponsored