Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry to have missed providing such essential information. I am running Android Auto on a Google Pixel 6a with the latest software.

p.s. thanks to everyone for all the help so far. This is by far the most generous and helpful forum of all the various internet forums I participate in.
Sponsored

sean7512

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT Grabber Blue & Cyber Orange
Country flag
Zero issues here, I am loving the new app. It is 1000000x faster/more responsive and I like the more "native" look compared to the old one. This is on iOS, I can't speak to the Android side.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah I have also been on the Beta for almost a year and it's worked really well.

What's funny is how much more trouble the final version seems to be for some reason. My uncle contacted me this morning because his updated and when he launched it he had a screen saying something like "Welcome to the new FordPass!" and outlined new features and that. The problem is, he couldn't dismiss the window as there was no visible button.

He closed the app, restarted his phone, same issue.

He has a 2022 iPhone SE, so it got me thinking that maybe it was a screen resolution issue. I had him lower the text size setting for iOS and that allowed him to see the button to dismiss the pop up about the new features.

That was... disappointing. Such a basic function that will negatively impact older groups more than younger since basically all my older family members use larger text sizes on their phone.

I love the app overall, but there needs to be a waaaaay better job done on the test cases created before releasing such an important update. Resolution/Text size issues are basically Test Case 101 for any application. It's also one of the most difficult for sure, but that isn't the customer's problem.

OP
OP
CameraCarl

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So frustrating to make such a major change with so many glitches for so many users and right before the memorial Day weeked when many of us (including me) are setting off on long trips. This was supposed to be my first major road trip in my MME and I may leave it parked and take the Edge gas guzzler just because I don't know what else is going to happen to Ford Pass when I wake up the next morning. I even seem to have lost all my trip plans which were in the Ford Pass trip planner but I hadn't sent to the car yet.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The new 5.0 interface seems to be about 20% complete. Its pretty shocking they are allowing everyone to access it now.
To me this looks like one of these situations:

Mgmt: "Launch FP 5.0"

S/W Dev: "It's not ready."

S/W Dev: "It still has bugs."

S/W Dev: "A bunch of features that are used daily in FP 4 aren't implemented yet."

S/W Dev: "Sigh, ok."

Marketing: "We've launched an all new version of FordPass and you're gonna love it! Oh, features that you used daily in FP 4 that inexplicably aren't available in FP 5 can be found.........wait for it........in your car. But you're gonna love it!"

wormser

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
S20+ here and I have the same issue. The Location and Public charger buttons work one time. To get them to work again, I have to reboot the phone. Force Stop does not do it. So if I reboot phone, go to app, click location, it works. Leave app and come back it won't work until I reboot phone.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
S20+ here and I have the same issue. The Location and Public charger buttons work one time. To get them to work again, I have to reboot the phone. Force Stop does not do it. So if I reboot phone, go to app, click location, it works. Leave app and come back it won't work until I reboot phone.
Somebody forgot to test that part.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Didn't work for me, on a brand new Pixel 8P. Never even fully loaded, I just got fragments of a UI to look at. I reverted quickly. Maybe someday they will fix it.

Last edited:

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Both of those buttons work for me multiple times without rebooting. IOS Iphone 13 PRO Max
Only issues I've had so far is walk away lock failed one time. And this morning I moved car 50 feet and walk away lock message appeared. Then 15 minutes later car alarm went off, first time that has happened.
Only one day of use so need more time to figure out the issues with new app.
If you are going on a trip this weekend take your fob for insurance.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Both of those buttons work for me multiple times without rebooting. IOS Iphone 13 PRO Max
Only issues I've had so far is walk away lock failed one time. And this morning I moved car 50 feet and walk away lock message appeared. Then 15 minutes later car alarm went off, first time that has happened.
Only one day of use so need more time to figure out the issues with new app.
If you are going on a trip this weekend take your fob for insurance.
I think there's a pattern showing that they failed to finish the Android app. It's sad that they shut down the v4 Android app that was complete.

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
Latest iOS, iPhone 14 Pro and 15 pro, no issues on either. Noticed Trip Planner was gone, but I never used it as it wasn’t very friendly. Maybe they’re relying on Apple / Google maps now that they integrate with the car.

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
Mine's super fun. Pixel 7a. My buttons aren't dead: I don't have any buttons. I have the "start" button for charging, but all the other buttons don't exist.

Tried clearing cache, clearing cache and storage, clearing cache and storage and uninstalling and rebooting and reinstalling, nothing makes a difference.

Folks over on Reddit appear to just be flaming people for suggesting there's an issue, glad to see I'm not alone, wish I still had the "use the old app" option.

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
What caused that option to vanish? I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
Not sure whether it was the passage of time (one day), or the same issue breaking everything else.

CarlSagan82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Reading through the comments on here in all the 5.0 threads I think Ford should recommend anyone born before 1990 to stick with the old app. Joking, kinda

Maybe people should just roll back a previous cloud backup of your phone to get the old app and turn off auto update.
Sponsored