Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Do you think the compatibility issue for the MME stems from the fact that we are not even connected to the car yet? I know we should know for sure once it happens.
This must be the reason, otherwise it would be a huge security loophole if a person could plug in any VIN they found somewhere into FordPass and have Alexa or Google Assistant do anything to the vehicle when you can’t do anything directly in FordPass before activation.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For those curious, to link FordPass with Google Assistant, you say "hey google, ask FordPass to start my vehicle."

Then you get a pop up notification saying that you haven't yet linked the two together. Tap the Link button in that notification.

Then you are prompted to sign in with your FordPass account credentials.

That's where it ends. For now, anyway... It shows me my list of Ford vehicles and indicates that none are compatible... I assume once we take ownership and activate our vehicles with FordPass, then this screen will allow us to link to Google:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home Screenshot_20210102-112233

Reactions: ARK

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
For those curious, to link FordPass with Google Assistant, you say "hey google, ask FordPass to start my vehicle."

Then you get a pop up notification saying that you haven't yet linked the two together. Tap the Link button in that notification.

Then you are prompted to sign in with your FordPass account credentials.

That's where it ends. For now, anyway... It shows me my list of Ford vehicles and indicates that none are compatible... I assume once we take ownership and activate our vehicles with FordPass, then this screen will allow us to link to Google:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home Screenshot_20210102-112233
Oh, I suppose.

It would just seem easier to me to launch FordPass and start your Mach-e that way. I'll just go about my curmudgeonly way now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home 1609700202333

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This must be the reason, otherwise it would be a huge security loophole if a person could plug in any VIN they found somewhere into FordPass and have Alexa or Google Assistant do anything to the vehicle when you can’t do anything directly in FordPass before activation.
Before pairing your phone with the car and passing off your pre-delivery settings, we are all very limited in what we can do. I think we will suddenly see much more on FordPass after we do the following:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Alexa Skill, Google Home setting up the Mach E

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Hi all! I'm on the team at Ford that works on both the FordPass Alexa Skill and Google Action. (I also have a Mach-e on order myself!)
I'm happy to try and clear up any questions, address any issues, as well as take input on requested additional features.

To start, it looks like a few of you have found the skill or action and have tried to link your FordPass account to setup your Mach-e, but have seen an incompatible message. At this stage, especially if your vehicle is still in process at the manufacturing plant, that message is expected as the vehicle's modem connectivity hasn't been provisioned in our backend yet. Once you receive your vehicle and finish the FordPass Activation in-vehicle, you'll be able to complete the Alexa or Google setup.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hi all! I'm on the team at Ford that works on both the FordPass Alexa Skill and Google Action. (I also have a Mach-e on order myself!)
I'm happy to try and clear up any questions, address any issues, as well as take input on requested additional features.

To start, it looks like a few of you have found the skill or action and have tried to link your FordPass account to setup your Mach-e, but have seen an incompatible message. At this stage, especially if your vehicle is still in process at the manufacturing plant, that message is expected as the vehicle's modem connectivity hasn't been provisioned in our backend yet. Once you receive your vehicle and finish the FordPass Activation in-vehicle, you'll be able to complete the Alexa or Google setup.
Welcome.
Encouraging news. Thanks!
I know next to nothing about Google Action.....will try and educate myself shortly.
Guessing this is voice command based? So for instance, it might be possible to say something like "open front compartment"?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Just want to chime and in say thanks for reaching out, especially via the enthusiast forums!

I haven't looked too far into the skills to see what capabilities they'll include, but I will say my number one request is to be able to tell Google to precondition my Mach-E (ideally both battery and interior cabin comfort), sometime before I plan to leave.

Any word on what actions/commands are planned to be available for the Mach-E?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

Connected Vehicle FTW.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Thanks and welcome to the forum.
Quick question though - I tried linking the Ford PAss account to Alexa and they dont even seem to connect or Alexa does not recognize Ford Pass account info. I dont think this has anything to do with MME because I could have F150 or other vehicles too. Am I missing something? Anyways no biggie as I am going to wait for the MME and figure this all out with the car in front of me.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

What about Siri support?

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Thanks and welcome to the forum.
Quick question though - I tried linking the Ford PAss account to Alexa and they dont even seem to connect or Alexa does not recognize Ford Pass account info. I dont think this has anything to do with MME because I could have F150 or other vehicles too. Am I missing something? Anyways no biggie as I am going to wait for the MME and figure this all out with the car in front of me.
Hi, if you'd like to send me some screenshots, I might be able to triage better. Also, what model year is the F-150? Any idea if it has a modem?

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Welcome.
Encouraging news. Thanks!
I know next to nothing about Google Action.....will try and educate myself shortly.
Guessing this is voice command based? So for instance, it might be possible to say something like "open front compartment"?
Correct, voice command based. For a full list of commands, see here: FordPass | Google Assistant . Be sure to click on 'Read More' under the description for the full list.

Reactions: ARK

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Just want to chime and in say thanks for reaching out, especially via the enthusiast forums!

I haven't looked too far into the skills to see what capabilities they'll include, but I will say my number one request is to be able to tell Google to precondition my Mach-E (ideally both battery and interior cabin comfort), sometime before I plan to leave.

Any word on what actions/commands are planned to be available for the Mach-E?
The available commands for the Google Action can be found here: FordPass | Google Assistant . Be sure to click on 'Read More' under the description.

The Alexa Skill offers a similar set. Details here: https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Motor-Company-FordPass/dp/B077Y1FK9D.

Rafgar

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE
Country flag
Correct, voice command based. For a full list of commands, see here: FordPass | Google Assistant . Be sure to click on 'Read More' under the description for the full list.
Hi and thanks for the offer of help.

Do you have a link for the list of Alexa Skills? My car is supposed to be delivered between 2-13 and 2-19. Do you know the status of your order?
Sponsored