Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Did PAAK work while FordPass was down? In other words, does it communicate with the car directly, or need the Ford servers to be alive?
Doesn’t need the servers to work after the first initial setup. I think if you logged out though and weren’t able to log back in you’d have some issues.
Sponsored

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
seems like it's still a little shaky - getting the "partial response received" message now over and over again.

the vehicle status tile has an orange exclamation triangle.
Yep noticing the same thing. Each time I look at my car I have to tell it to charge to 100%....location is set to 90%.

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1:56pm, working in Pa……… Bill P.

Mini166

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. RWD/SR,Lexus RX350, Dodge Ram Eco-Diesel
Country flag
Haven't read the ENTIRE thread, but just remote started mine from inside the house and it worked. In NorCal. I probably missed the whole mishap (hopefully).

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
I've used Ford Pass and PAAK exclusively since I bought my MME in July of '21. Last week the car refused to acknowledge it and Apple Play quit working unless it's plugged in. Even plugged in it has been sketchy lately. I have no idea why after a year and half it just quit, but hopefully it's down to fix this crap.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Did PAAK work while FordPass was down? In other words, does it communicate with the car directly, or need the Ford servers to be alive?
Doesn’t need the servers to work after the first initial setup. I think if you logged out though and weren’t able to log back in you’d have some issues.
As I recall, PAAK needs a token from the servers ever so often. So if the servers were down long enough or your token expires while outside cell or wifi range it might be an issue. I believe @ChasingCoral ran into this issue down in Florida a couple of years ago.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I'm an old-school fob guy.

That's why I went ahead and bought one of the "with frunk" fobs so I'd easily have complete access everywhere. I had PaaK problems at the beginning and am completely skeptical of it for good.

Maybe I've just reached that age where technology becomes voodoo.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
As I recall, PAAK needs a token from the servers ever so often. So if the servers were down long enough or your token expires while outside cell or wifi range it might be an issue. I believe @ChasingCoral ran into this issue down in Florida a couple of years ago.
Well, hopefully, the door code is just stored in the car and doesn't require the server's approval to open it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Well, hopefully, the door code is just stored in the car and doesn't require the server's approval to open it.
That's correct.

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
For some reason I can't use my blue cruise and my connected feature not showing up again. I guess it only works for a couple of days. Now I have to wait months again to see if it will work again. Lol.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I find this totally outrageous. Why does Ford insist on using servers powered by gerbils? They get tired, or hungry, and need a break. When they do, the servers stop functioning.

Wait, wut? Ford uses state of the art technology? Really? Do you sell bridges also?

If I were a Ford Tech executive, the unreliability of FordPass over the past few years would be totally embarrassing to me.

It's not only their servers, their code seems to be complete dogshit. Look at your car's dashboard on the site (not app) and open up the network tab. You know the little icon that shows your car? That tiny little image takes 2 seconds to request, and it's making over 20 calls to get it, each one taking anywhere from 1-2 seconds.

I thought maybe it was the browser acting funny but no, the headers on the request all show different requestIds... I have no idea wtf those devs are doing but it's wild.

Here's just a sample of what I mean.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Not Responding today 1678484975142

My guess is that they want to get EVERYTHING all at once to make it feel faster, which is a bit dumb since it's still slow as molasses.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My PAAK broke today (no key detected) for the first time in at least 6mos. Not sure if this is related to the outage, or the fact that my car installed OTA 4.2.2 today. Backup code worked.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yep. I get the idea Ford figured this out because my Lightning was in no-cell lane for three days with no issue.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. I get the idea Ford figured this out because my Lightning was in no-cell lane for three days with no issue.
Pretty sure mine was off line for over a month with no cloud conductivity (bad OTA install some sort of fleet mode). PAAK (both rows) worked flawlessly the whole time. May still be tokens with a longer lease time?
Sponsored