Hexagenia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have searched the forums, but can’t find an answer to my predicament. I spend a lot of time in rural Vermont where there is no cell coverage. Like none. I have Wi-Fi at my location, but no available coverage from any carrier. My FordPass never displays current charge or location even when there is available Wi-Fi connectivity and I went through 1.7.1 hell because of being stuck on that update. Is the lack of cell coverage meant to debilitate the connectivity experience that much or should Wi-Fi connectivity be compensating more than it is? Thanks to anyone who can help me understand what is going on.…
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The car utilizes a modem, not WiFi, to provide connectivity. WiFi is for updates, someday, maybe.

The lack of cellular connectivity means Fordpass won't do much.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Based on AT&T's coverage tool, it looks like all of rural Vermont has LTE coverage, so maybe it's not as bad ad you think. Don't assume if your phone doesn't work there isn't coverage, unless AT&T is your carrier. 1.7.1 had it's own problems (not related to cell coverage).

WiFi is a fallback if updates can't be delivered over LTE, you can connect that to your home router as an additional measure.
Sponsored