Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 1998 Porsche Boxster
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
It’s free charging at EA since Wednesday afternoon when I noticed it, till tonight still, from Merritt Island, FL to Charlotte, NC. THIS REALLY nice on this holiday weekend!
Sponsored

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Road trip to Tulsa, OK over the last few days-- charged at EA 8 times between TX and OK... thanks EA!

By the way, Francis chargers in OK are a rip off. At EA, we average 85KW during charging. At Francis, 40. Charged once in Tulsa for $32. Charged at Charge Point in Okemah for about $6.50. Francis needs to get it together.

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
I stopped to charge at the EA station in Tulare Ca. on my way back from Mountain View Ca from visiting my brother. The station was full with 3 MMEs charging. I pulled to the side to wait for a station to become available when one of the drivers told me to use the other plug on the station he was using. Is that even possible? I thought only one could be used at each stall?

Anyhow, one of the drivers told me he was done so I just pulled into the stall where he was. The MME charging next to me was charging to 100% and had been there for 150 min charging. The other guy had dropped off his car and left it charging. This is the first time I had seen so many MMEs at a charging station.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
I could finally take advantage of free charging and did so twice this weekend.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Traveled on Thanksgiving day. All charges were free. No charges on my Ford account or EA account. Also no charges on Friday after Thanksgiving on the same station. It worked better than I expected. Handshake took 5 to 10 seconds. What was interesting about the charging station I visited was there were no crowds or waiting in line to charge. Just drive, park, plug and charge. Weird but true. So....Holiday season is approaching. More freebies.!!

Bjbjustin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Picked up new MME in Odessa, drove it out to So Cal in a straight shot...all chargers pumped out max charge rates. Not too shabby an 1100 mile road trip with no charging fees.

Observation - almost all EA chargers worked and virtually nobody else charging...granted TX/NM/AZ isn't exactly EV central, but holy crap are those chargers in some less than desirable locations...

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I stopped to charge at the EA station in Tulare Ca. on my way back from Mountain View Ca from visiting my brother. The station was full with 3 MMEs charging. I pulled to the side to wait for a station to become available when one of the drivers told me to use the other plug on the station he was using. Is that even possible? I thought only one could be used at each stall?

Anyhow, one of the drivers told me he was done so I just pulled into the stall where he was. The MME charging next to me was charging to 100% and had been there for 150 min charging. The other guy had dropped off his car and left it charging. This is the first time I had seen so many MMEs at a charging station.
Free weekend will do that. I usually charge at home but fast charge for free is too good to pass up.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
EA should send out an email about these free weekends to account holders, but then it would probably cause a backup at my local plug, so maybe not ;)
Sponsored