Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My faults have not returned since I adjusted the cable routing.
Understood. If yours was already in the correct direction, and being such an early build, I assume it is just random if your car has it in the correct direction or not and doubtful it was something addressed on the line (maybe after the errors started popping up like crazy they addressed it).
Or possibly the cable routing issue occurred during windshield replacement....

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

"productionDate": "2020-11-26", Have not got those two recalls done yet and do not have the fault here to date. Need recalls done to sell it right?

I have had no glass issues no air infiltration noise no moisture leaks that I have noted to date (2 yrs in the snow). Wish the recalls would just go away but I keep getting snail mail from ford canada. Dealer knows I am not a fan of the roof fix procedure; it is the cheapest way maybe? What is working right so far need not be touched. Already have one stone chip in both; how/when it hit the roof 🤷‍♂️. Mentioned the recalls a few times and not totally adverse to getting them done just has not been a motivator from either side since we have been seeing each other so often.

Now if they have a recall for a big honken no worry HVJB I'm in 👍

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
"productionDate": "2020-11-26", Have not got those two recalls done yet and do not have the fault here to date. Need recalls done to sell it right?
No, only new cars are prohibited from being sold with open recalls. You’re fine to sell it with open recalls.

iCarol

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
My pre-collision assist started giving me an error about a week ago - 2021 RWD extended range fall production - I was hoping it would get fixed at next update but reading this thread is disappointing. I recently took the car in for one year check (purchased 2/1/2022). I have cleaned all the outside cameras, moved my toll responder, etc. Unsure I want to muck with the cable myself. Will see if it repairs with next update otherwise I will bring to the dealership - which may be futile. Will follow this for updates.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My pre-collision assist started giving me an error about a week ago - 2021 RWD extended range fall production - I was hoping it would get fixed at next update but reading this thread is disappointing. I recently took the car in for one year check (purchased 2/1/2022). I have cleaned all the outside cameras, moved my toll responder, etc. Unsure I want to muck with the cable myself. Will see if it repairs with next update otherwise I will bring to the dealership - which may be futile. Will follow this for updates.
When I had that problem they had to replace the Cruise control module

Jonnybignote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, explorer 2020 xlt
Country flag
Have you had any more issues with your car since you made this post? I've been having the same issue for months with my 2021 Premium. I've been to the dealership 3 times (total of ~30 days). The techs have been following the same protocols and have even attempted to replace the camera. I'm not sure they're having luck figuring it out just yet but if this is the fix that would be great news!
Sorry for the delay getting back to this. The car has been fine every since - no issues.

Jonnybignote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would imagine you have the same issue, though many things can trigger the same symptom, making diagnosis tricky. If you find it occurs with a bump in the road, or if you can even manifest it by pushing on the header behind the camera, then that is likely the issue. Somewhat of a design fault as coax isn't designed to be bent at sharp angles.

Pretty sure that was the case with mine

Jonnybignote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The random reproduced are the worst and like crying wolf. Hoping you are fixed. The cause sounds logical and think you may have a fighting chance.

Did it start for most only after the windshield fix? Have not got that one done yet.
Yes, for me was immediately after the windshield fix

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, for me was immediately after the windshield fix
Mine was after a windshield replacement, but it's really had to draw that correlation with mine, because it didn't start till 9 months after the windshield replacement.

Marque

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select
Country flag
Thanks. I was planning to take the car in after Thanksgiving, but something came up and I had to go out of town. I dropped it before Christmas and they told me now they need to change the "brain of the infotainment system". I am convinced it is a loose connection somewhere as it faulted sometimes going over a bump like train tracks. I got my car back, rather than taking the rental they offered, as I love it and will wait for the part to come in. I guess I will check out the BEV. Not sure how to go about it.
Update: Called the Ford line and opened a case, but they were useless as the part was already on order and they claimed they could not expedite as it was ordered through a 3rd party which made no sense as it was ordered to Ford Electronics Services. Saw the order with the Ford logo. So a couple of weeks ago the new part finally came in. Installed after a couple of days. On the drive home I got a fault. I think it is a loose connection as it faults going slow over bumps like railway tracks. Anyway, they asked me to bring it back in. Not sure when to call it quits as a lemon.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I purchased a coax cable for the camera located at top of windshield. Part number was LJ8Z-14D202-U and retailed for $40.17

When I popped off the cover to the camera assembly....I noticed the cable was routed in such a way that creates a sharp bend right at the connector.....which happens to be a swivel connection. So, before changing out to a new cable, I decided to swivel the cable so it isn't such a sharp bend.
Might not make any difference but I'll give it a few weeks and see if the faults return.

1676914755726.png

1676914801842.png
Is there any trick or special tip to "popping off" the camera cover? I do not want to break anything doing this...

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m glad FP keeps a log of this error in message center.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault & Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Errors 53BDEEB9-53F2-444A-A9BC-30AF5FA5B934

Mine is definitely bump related. Two occurred with road bumps, one occurred when one of my boys slammed the passenger door LOL.

I just don’t have another trip to service center in me right now. I’ll wait til it needs other fixes, too. Maybe when OTA updates get stuck again or something.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
I’m glad FP keeps a log of this error in message center.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault & Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Errors 53BDEEB9-53F2-444A-A9BC-30AF5FA5B934

Mine is definitely bump related. Two occurred with road bumps, one occurred when one of my boys slammed the passenger door LOL.

I just don’t have another trip to service center in me right now. I’ll wait til it needs other fixes, too. Maybe when OTA updates get stuck again or something.
Have you tried the self fix with the loosening of the cable bend?