Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m glad FP keeps a log of this error in message center.

Mine is definitely bump related. Two occurred with road bumps, one occurred when one of my boys slammed the passenger door LOL.

I just don’t have another trip to service center in me right now. I’ll wait til it needs other fixes, too. Maybe when OTA updates get stuck again or something.
Something loose you think. Pre-collision uses what? Just forward? The radar and camera are clean. I have seen that on the IPC does your display in car or just on FP. FP I would not trust or care about.

I hear you I have door fault - service required every time I start it now. Mine does not display in FP or on my dealers system just in car? Here comes 12 for a piece of body trim and a door fault. Not calling uncle here but trying to group ;) Bring your son with you he is what makes it reproducible 🤣
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Is there any trick or special tip to "popping off" the camera cover? I do not want to break anything doing this...
Nothing special. Using the trim tools helps a lot though. That way you can get right where you need to be to pry the clips loose.

XBRN Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit,13 Pcs Car Panel Door Window Tools Kit,Auto Clip Fastener Remover Pry Tool Set https://a.co/d/8bCT5iY

My fault has not returned since I adjusted the bend in the cable.

ryelo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Hello, I have been watching this channel for a while now and I am completely irritated with Ford's response (or lack there of) to this issue. So many people with the exact same problem. I will be taking my Mach E back to Ford again for them to do the same camera replacement/re-calibrate as usual. At this point I am tracking everything with paper work and notifications from my vehicle. I will be pursuing CA Lemon Law for this matter.

I have been to two different Ford service centers here in Sacramento, and neither of them seem to want to listen to what the customer is telling them the fix is. Obviously the coax cable being bent at an extreme angle is causing the issue. I have told them this, they tell me they have a process. Both service centers have done the exact same steps, and within a couple days the problem returns. Mind you, these repair periods are for weeks at a time and I am never offered a loaner car or some type of resolution to being without a vehicle for a problem that I had no contribution to making occur. I have explained to them that the error returns when rolling over rough terrain, I have asked them to test drive it for a while after their "repair" is complete. They obviously never do. What do I know right? With this day and age of information being readily available to everyone why not consider what a "non-expert" is trying to explain for a possible solution to this problem.

For us, as consumers, to result to fixing this problem ourselves by prying off a piece of our car and straightening a manufacturer's defective design is totally unprofessional. Do not mistake that I give massive respect to the person that figured this out on their own. But I will not be applying this fix myself. I love this car. I want to keep it, but at this point, it's becoming more headache than it's worth.

Ford please do better...until then back to the service center for trip number 4!

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello, I have been watching this channel for a while now and I am completely irritated with Ford's response (or lack there of) to this issue. So many people with the exact same problem. I will be taking my Mach E back to Ford again for them to do the same camera replacement/re-calibrate as usual. At this point I am tracking everything with paper work and notifications from my vehicle. I will be pursuing CA Lemon Law for this matter.

I have been to two different Ford service centers here in Sacramento, and neither of them seem to want to listen to what the customer is telling them the fix is. Obviously the coax cable being bent at an extreme angle is causing the issue. I have told them this, they tell me they have a process. Both service centers have done the exact same steps, and within a couple days the problem returns. Mind you, these repair periods are for weeks at a time and I am never offered a loaner car or some type of resolution to being without a vehicle for a problem that I had no contribution to making occur. I have explained to them that the error returns when rolling over rough terrain, I have asked them to test drive it for a while after their "repair" is complete. They obviously never do. What do I know right? With this day and age of information being readily available to everyone why not consider what a "non-expert" is trying to explain for a possible solution to this problem.

For us, as consumers, to result to fixing this problem ourselves by prying off a piece of our car and straightening a manufacturer's defective design is totally unprofessional. Do not mistake that I give massive respect to the person that figured this out on their own. But I will not be applying this fix myself. I love this car. I want to keep it, but at this point, it's becoming more headache than it's worth.

Ford please do better...until then back to the service center for trip number 4!
You purchased a first year example of a brand new model, using new-to-Ford technologies in many aspects. You had to have known, as did I, that your car was going to have first-year issues, but you purchased it anyway. So did I. We each purchased the first-year Mach-E for our own reasons. While many owners have had this problem because of a compromised coaxial camera cable, replacement of that cable is not universally the fix. Your dealer's service department cannot arbitrarily replace a part or bill for warranty labor and expect to be paid by Ford without Ford Motor Company's prior approval. You possibly should have stuck with the same dealership, instead of jumping to a new shop and starting the process over again. If you didn't, you maybe should have contacted Ford first to get a case started. You might possibly be farther along in this process at this point if you had. Patience is a virtue. Try to be patient. Mine is fixed. It took a while, but I love this car, and it was worth it to me.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Did you have the windshield recall work done? It appears that could be a common thread. Not sure if that is the only thing that is causing it for all? From what I understand it is easy to pop off the cover and look for yourself (maybe even fix it?). Info is all here.

You purchased a first year example of a brand new model, using new-to-Ford technologies in many aspects. You had to have known, as did I, that your car was going to have first-year issues, but you purchased it anyway. So did I. We each purchased the first-year Mach-E for our own reasons. While many owners have had this problem because of a compromised coaxial camera cable, replacement of that cable is not universally the fix. Your dealer's service department cannot arbitrarily replace a part or bill for warranty labor and expect to be paid by Ford without Ford Motor Company's prior approval. You possibly should have stuck with the same dealership, instead of jumping to a new shop and starting the process over again. If you didn't, you maybe should have contacted Ford first to get a case started. You might possibly be farther along in this process at this point if you had. Patience is a virtue. Try to be patient. Mine is fixed. It took a while, but I love this car, and it was worth it to me.
Sure we bought new tech and we all understood that it was OTA updatable and may have a few bugs to begin with. None of us should have assumed that the vehicle would have undersigned hardware in it or that they will try to fix defective hardware with software. For us it is on you early adopters how many years do you think it will take before the basics work correctly? I agree I am almost there and it is getting better but it also has been an unexpected slice that continues and I am an early adopter of many techs.

What does not installing the glass correctly during manufacturing have to do with new tech?

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Nothing special. Using the trim tools helps a lot though. That way you can get right where you need to be to pry the clips loose.

XBRN Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit,13 Pcs Car Panel Door Window Tools Kit,Auto Clip Fastener Remover Pry Tool Set https://a.co/d/8bCT5iY

My fault has not returned since I adjusted the bend in the cable.
Quick update: Using the tools suggested I was able to easily and safely pop off the camera cover and adjust the cable. I drove from my house this morning into Phoenix for a meeting and back, about 70 miles round trip over bumpy rods (and while not yet hot, the temp was indicated at 85 on the way home.) No front camera faults and the CC worked great. This is the first drive I have taken in months without a camera fault. Thank you for the tips!

While I did not snap photos (because I forgot) below is a quick sketch of what I did. The camera cable exited the camera to the left but then was sharply bent where it entered another wire bundle. I simply rotated the cable so it exited to the right and had a smooth entry into the wire bundle.

We are driving up to Vegas on Thursday and that will be the real test.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault & Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Errors camera cable rotate.JPG

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Y'all are legends, I've been getting this error periodically for about a year now, always after hitting a bump or a rough patch on the freeway, and then nervously checking to see if the little error icon goes away or not, assuming it'll someday just stay permanent and I'll have to start going through the hell I've heard others have had with this.

I haven't actually done the rerouting yet (literally just saw this end of the thread) but it looks promising and I'd be surprised if my issue wasn't related.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Final update from me unless the errors return: After the cable re-route I described above and which was suggested by member @SnBGC we enjoyed a drive from Phoenix to Las Vegas and back over the weekend with NO camera faults and cruise control and lane keeping functions working perfectly. It's the first time in over a year that I've driven the car without these errors. I had almost forgotten how enjoyable a long drive can be in the MME.

If you get the front camera fault errors, doing this easy repair is highly recommended.

TonysPony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I have been getting these errors a lot recently. Driving on the highway and they pop up then go away within 3 minutes. Should I have this checked out? I figured the dealer would want the car to be displaying the error message when I take it in, but it fixes itself after 3 to 5 mins of driving.
It happens to me at least once a week. Of course, the dealer said that the couldn't do anything unless the warning was on in the car when I brought it in. Of course, it goes away in a few minutes. The Ford Pass app has record of it, but they don't seem to care about that.......

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
It happens to me at least once a week. Of course, the dealer said that the couldn't do anything unless the warning was on in the car when I brought it in. Of course, it goes away in a few minutes. The Ford Pass app has record of it, but they don't seem to care about that.......
Check your cable routing, as above.

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Find a different dealer if you have to.
The car itself has a record of it, and there is no reason why they shouldn't look into it.
The fault was never still showing on my car when I took it in, but they were able to easily confirm that the car experienced the faults on the exact days and times that I told them it had happened.

LML

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I’ve been having this fault show up immediately for the past few months when i start the car. It’s annoying but the worst is the interface with auto high beams and cruise. Not having those functions work is terrible. Car is at the dealer right now to get the coaxial cable replacement. I’m over 40k miles now so it’s out of warranty even the extended warranty is not covering it they tell me. Absolutely should be covered right? Seems like a defective cable or at least routing of cable from all the post I’ve seen on here.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
I’ve been having this fault show up immediately for the past few months when i start the car. It’s annoying but the worst is the interface with auto high beams and cruise. Not having those functions work is terrible. Car is at the dealer right now to get the coaxial cable replacement. I’m over 40k miles now so it’s out of warranty even the extended warranty is not covering it they tell me. Absolutely should be covered right? Seems like a defective cable or at least routing of cable from all the post I’ve seen on here.
Interesting. Do you have the Ford Extended Warranty? If so, which level do you have?

Obviously, we hope to have you report back what the dealership ends up charging if anything and why it doesn't fall under whichever warranty.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

bshugan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Cyber Security
Country flag
I have this same issue and my car has been stuck at the dealership without an update for over 2 weeks now... God speed my friend..
Sponsored