Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Curious what everyone is or isn't doing in regards to Front license plate. I see so many cars without here is Seattle especially almost every tesla. Also curious about the vinyl wrap license plates as an option if legal to do so.
Sponsored

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
WA "requires" a front plate and it cant be a vinyl wrap. however, i have been running no front plate for months with no issues(knock on wood). *If* i get pulled over, ill be sure to contest the ticket and have discovery find out how many tesla's they've pulled over with no front plate. 🤣

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
In Oregon a significant percentage of cars have no license plates at all. A local news station did a story showing that something like a quarter of the plates on cars in Portland were expired.

If WA is anything like OR, you have nothing to worry about by taking your front plate off.

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
WA "requires" a front plate and it cant be a vinyl wrap. however, i have been running no front plate for months with no issues(knock on wood). *If* i get pulled over, ill be sure to contest the ticket and have discovery find out how many tesla's they've pulled over with no front plate. 🤣
Consider staying away from Bellevue.

I was planning to get a vinyl wrap front plate. I had looked previously and found nowhere that indicated that they were not legal. I looked again just now, and found RCW 46.16A.200, section 7(a).

(7) Unlawful acts. It is unlawful to:
(a) Display a license plate or plates on the front or rear of any vehicle that were not issued by the director for the vehicle;

I currently still have my (rear only) paper temporary plate from the dealer. I'm undecided what I'll end up doing. Had the front plate bracket been installed already when I picked up my MME, I probably would have just used that, but since the dealer didn't pre-install it, I'm currently undecided among (a) no front plate, (b) vinyl wrap, and (c) installing the factory front bracket; I'm leaning towards the vinyl plate, probably from https://adhesivereplica.com/, but still looking for other options. (note, https://customlicenseplates.us/ referenced above and https://adhesivereplica.com/ are the same company; when I emailed a question to the former, they directed me to the latter.) I plan to get the "no screws" option (i.e. no screws printed on the plate), but debating between with or without the black frame.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Started thinking about the front plate ( CA requires ) and since vinyl wrap plates are legal, I started to look for one - both my incoming MME and current Lightning.

None of them would make my personalized plate to match the front plate on my Lightning.
It's either standard plate background or black/yellow.

So I thought why not make a photocopy of the plate and see if I can have it laminated.

The MME has a larger bumper surface that would work but the Lightning is bit complicated.

What do you think - this is a prototype copied and a page adhesive put on:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate IMG_9715.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate 68314813962__CB0BA318-3D31-420D-8BA5-6B7E7020814B.JPG

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Curious what everyone is or isn't doing in regards to Front license plate. I see so many cars without here is Seattle especially almost every tesla. Also curious about the vinyl wrap license plates as an option if legal to do so.
We purchased our Mach e May 07 2022 and we live in Wa and we've been running without a front plate since then with no problems

Loyloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER
Country flag
I see tons of drivers with expired tabs from the past few years and people that dont have any month on their plates (2020/2021). i'm not worried. We have 2 cars with no front plates and a lot of family with no front plates, we havent had any issues.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I like the Sto 'N Sho: https://stonsho.com/ford/suvs-and-crossovers/front-plate-bracket

A friend of mine runs one on a GT4, which is why I chose it over the U.S. Millworks tow-eye style front plate holder I have on my Cayman. (Not going with one for the Cayman because I'm too cheap to solve the same problem twice.)

Lots of cars around without front plate in WA, getting a ticket for it is pretty rare but not unheard of. I got two warnings in separate areas one week in a BMW so decided I'd figure something out. The Sto 'N Sho actually looks pretty cool and popping it off is almost a one hand operation.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
My dealer in Snohomish did NOT install the front bracket. It was under the trunk lid; I found it the day after I picked it up. Now I rushed them to prep it and didn't even let them charge it fully, and that might be why. I'm thinking about just going without the front plate and pleading ignorance if I get pulled over. "Gosh, sorry, Officer. But shouldn't the dealer have installed that if it was required?"

Maybe I'll get away with that once ...

Anyway, my biggest issue with the Sto'n'Sho is that it looks like it goes right in front of the radar.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
My dealer in Snohomish did NOT install the front bracket. It was under the trunk lid; I found it the day after I picked it up. Now I rushed them to prep it and didn't even let them charge it fully, and that might be why. I'm thinking about just going without the front plate and pleading ignorance if I get pulled over. "Gosh, sorry, Officer. But shouldn't the dealer have installed that if it was required?"

Maybe I'll get away with that once ...
My dealer did the same. I just assumed they would install it as is required in my state, but instead it wasn't and weeks later I found the plate holder in the trunk gap by the air pump/charger.

From my experience, actual traffic cops will not pull you over or make any deal about the front plate not being there. However, the parking cops will if you park on city street meters or monitored lots. It is a $75 ticket each time and since you are not even there, you can't really fight it. Be careful for that type of thing in your city!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyway, my biggest issue with the Sto'n'Sho is that it looks like it goes right in front of the radar.
See the threads above for folks' experience. We have owners here on the forum using both the Craig's and the Sto'n'Sho.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Started thinking about the front plate ( CA requires ) and since vinyl wrap plates are legal, I started to look for one - both my incoming MME and current Lightning.

None of them would make my personalized plate to match the front plate on my Lightning.
It's either standard plate background or black/yellow.

So I thought why not make a photocopy of the plate and see if I can have it laminated.

The MME has a larger bumper surface that would work but the Lightning is bit complicated.

What do you think - this is a prototype copied and a page adhesive put on:

IMG_9715.JPG

68314813962__CB0BA318-3D31-420D-8BA5-6B7E7020814B.JPG
these guys do perfect 100% custom work. you just send a pic of the plate you want recreated and they'll make it from scratch.

https://customlicenseplates.us/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-with-a-vinyl-sticker.5584/page-4#post-537636

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag