Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
? You can use forscan to update modules. I did it on my car with a friend that has it.
No, you can't. FDRS is used to update the software in the modules. FORscan is used to modify parameter tables for the modules. 😊🐩

Items needed in addition to the FDRS software: A Windows 10 PC (Win 11 works, but some have said that they got complaints from FDRS about some things under 11 - it still works), I use a 4th gen i5 laptop. An interface between the PC and the car's OBD2 port, I use a Mongoose Plus. A regulated 12V power supply that has a minimum of a 40A output (I have seen sustained draws of ~44A), I use a Chlore PL6100. A Super high-speed USB storage device, I use a 256GB M.2 SSD in a USB case. 🤔🐩

You can use FORscan with this same PC/interface cable setup to address most modules. 😊🐩

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well yeah. But I thought I read some of it was coming OTA too.

Am I wrong?
Maybe. Maybe not.

We shall see. Soon perhaps? Maybe whenever 1.3 is pushed? Maybe not?

I’m not being intentionally vague, evasive, or sarcastic. That just seems to be the way the frunk update rolls with Ford.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If it were me, I'd wait a few weeks before spending $1000 to enable the frunk

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It’s about $1000 for all the equipment needed, Need special cables, 12v charger to keep battery level up, plus a laptop, the forscan software is $50 for a 2day access. It’s not cheap. I thought about it but not worth it IMO for me
? You can use forscan to update modules. I did it on my car with a friend that has it.
You’re confusing FORScan with FDRS.