Job 1 Premium without working inside Frunk button. I have a question?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I think the OP is referring to the child escape safety button inside the frunk, any way to remotely open the frunk from the Sync screen or the door pillar. That said, does anyone know if updating BCM and GFM modules activates the hood release button inside the frunk?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think the OP is referring to the child escape safety button inside the frunk, any way to remotely open the frunk from the Sync screen or the door pillar. That said, does anyone know if updating BCM and GFM modules activates the hood release button inside the frunk?
Yes, it does.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I would not at all complain about having a button on the screen, but is it really that hard just to bend over and pull the release twice? I use my frunk a lot (I keep my bike pump and tools there) and don’t really mind.
It would be nice to open the frunk from the outside via keypad without entering through the driver door and double pulling the lever. So much easier to accomplish while carrying multiple bags of takeout Teriyaki.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would not at all complain about having a button on the screen, but is it really that hard just to bend over and pull the release twice? I use my frunk a lot (I keep my bike pump and tools there) and don’t really mind.
No, it's not the most consequntial feature in the world. But neither is PAAK or kick-activated liftgate or even 1PD. The point is it's a nice convenience that's apparently available even in the Job 1's that Ford has so far neglected to active as they should after 2+ years.

I'd like to use the door code for it. 6 quick buttons without having to bend down is something I would probably do. I probably wouldn't mess with the Sync screen because I'm usually getting out of the car before I think about it.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
It would be nice to open the frunk from the outside via keypad without entering through the driver door and double pulling the lever. So much easier to accomplish while carrying multiple bags of takeout Teriyaki.
If you get the modules updated as mentioned in steps (1) and (2) above, then you should have the option of programming an F-150 FOB that will enable the frunk button from that FOB. There is a thread on here describing how to do it.

I carry my keys more than PaaK, so having the FOB button is more convenient than getting a FordPass button anyways.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If you get the modules updated as mentioned in steps (1) and (2) above, then you should have the option of programming an F-150 FOB that will enable the frunk button from that FOB. There is a thread on here describing how to do it.

I carry my keys more than PaaK, so having the FOB button is more convenient than getting a FordPass button anyways.
I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful, but dropping a few hundred dollars on equipment or non-warranty labor is kind of missing the point.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yes, it is. You try carrying a bag or two of groceries to your car, set them down, fumble around for PAAK for a while, then pull the hood release (twice). Having the door pillar is an improvement, but it still doesn’t work as designed and intended.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If you get the half-a updates done, you’ll be able to use the door pillar. It’s 7/8 after entering your PIN.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I don’t carry keys - not even a house key. I refuse to carry keys and fobs because ford can’t get their act together.
Sponsored