Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
That would mean I would have to carry a fob. I haven’t used that in over a year.
It would. It's a trade-off between ultra easy access to the frunk or not having the key fob and having to rely on the crappiness of FP to open the frunk. I've found my frunk usage has increased appreciably since I got the F150 fob. (I also filed down the underside of the panic alarm button on that fob so that there haven't been any false alarms with it in my pocket. The panic button can still be used, but it needs to be a bit more deliberate than before.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just ran this routine. I can't really tell if it did anything since I already have the funk button enabled, but let's hope it reported something new back to Ford to enable the button in FordPass.
In case anyone's keeping track, running this routine did NOT add the frunk button in FordPass.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In case anyone's keeping track, running this routine did NOT add the frunk button in FordPass.
Boo! I guess our 2021 Job 1 friends need to wait for FordPass’ servers to catch up. Ugh! 🤬🐩

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Boo! I guess our 2021 Job 1 friends need to wait for FordPass’ servers to catch up. Ugh! 🤬🐩
And the rest of us without FDRS need all the module updates. They have a month and a half to the end of fall. 😬

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
And the rest of us without FDRS need all the module updates. They have a month and a half to the end of fall. 😬
Pool on the over/under? I am in the Over camp. 😕🐩

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I don't have the necessary stuff to play with FDRS, but I do have FORscan & OBD bluetooth module. I haven't tried playing with settings like this using FORscan, maybe tomorrow.
And maybe I will bite the bullet and get a Mongoose + battery maintainer, assuming an old laptop will work with any of this. Not buying a new Windows anything at this point.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Okay, so the dealer didn’t get BC to work, nor lane centering at my Halloween service, but what a treat I found today- the electronic frunk latch opens from the screen now!!! Now I just need to have the button show up on the app (but that door combo press should be most useful.)

I’m kinda like wtf, how did that happen? I just did my usual press the screen frunk button nothing happens but this time woah.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, so the dealer didn’t get BC to work, nor lane centering at my Halloween service, but what a treat I found today- the electronic frunk latch opens from the screen now!!! Now I just need to have the button show up on the app (but that door combo press should be most useful.)

I’m kinda like wtf, how did that happen? I just did my usual press the screen frunk button nothing happens but this time woah.
Now you can get a Lightning fob if you want a frunk button there.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yeah, oddly enough I was attaching my new, proper MME logoed fob to my profile when I discovered the working frunk button. Too bad they didn’t bestow these new fobs with the button.

I should have known something was up as I was able to close the frunk just by a moderate throwing down, something I was never able to do before, I always had to push down after getting the hood past the first latch.

Now you can get a Lightning fob if you want a frunk button there.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I'm really beginning to think this was Ford's plan all along. Congrats on the swap, and enjoy the GT!
Thank You! I was willing to stick it out and wait for the update, but I wanted grabber blue from the day I saw the Mach-E, it just wasn’t available when I was buying last year. So that, combined with it being a GT, it was too good to pass up. Hopefully Ford does finally make good on its multiple words.
Sponsored