Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I am in need of assistance I saw a post on the forum about opening the frunk on the door keypad by pressing 8 That works great but now when I use the keypad the frunk opens when I don’t want it to Also Is there a button for the trunk? I watched a video and said to push 5/6 That didn’t work Yes my code has a 8 in it Do I need to change my code again?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
It sounds like you might be using the keypad when the fob or a connected PAAK phone is within range? If so, it’s overriding the need for you to enter the access code and taking the button press as the command to open the frunk. Best guess. Try this with the MME out of range of a PAAK phone or fob.

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Hmmmm.... I tried pressing 8 - nothing happens.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hmmmm.... I tried pressing 8 - nothing happens.
If all you pressed was the 7-8 button it won’t open. You need to enter your door unlock code then press the 7-8 button. ??

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
If all you pressed was the 7-8 button it won’t open. You need to enter your door unlock code then press the 7-8 button. ??
Yes, I was doing that. I just now discovered that my personal door keypad code was wiped out for some reason. I had to dig up the original factory code in order to reset it.

The "personal code" + 8 is now working to open the frunk.

And I'm now storing the original factory code on my phone in case it gets wiped out again...

OP
OP
Caliroute1

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Well it works great for me. Only problem now is whenever I enter my code it unlocks and the frunk opens. I did it with out the key and my PAAK. STILL opens the frunk. I might have to change my code. But is there another number to open the trunk?

OP
OP
Caliroute1

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
It sounds like you might be using the keypad when the fob or a connected PAAK phone is within range? If so, it’s overriding the need for you to enter the access code and taking the button press as the command to open the frunk. Best guess. Try this with the MME out of range of a PAAK phone or fob.
No dice. Uggg
Sponsored