21 MME FE, 22 Escape Hy, 20 Fusion Hy, 20 Escape
Country flag

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Went for my test drive of the Mach-E yesterday so I also had the opportunity to look over the rest of the vehicle. Regarding the frunk, let's just say it looks a lot bigger in pictures than in-person. So that was a little disappointing. So I probably will be also tempted to remove the dividers. However, even with the divider removed it still did not look big enough to store even a space saver spare tire. I was hoping one would fit vs. it taking up space in the back. Personally, not having a spare tire is a soar spot but that's a different thread. Just wanted to mention my impression of the frunk size in person for those who have not seen it yet also in-person.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Bringing this one back from the dead because I’m curious which video people were referring to where this promise was made.

I found this SEMA video

question about 14:30 in-

“when will we be able to open the frunk with a remote?”

Darren- “the system is set up to do that. All the hardware is in there. But there were some recent changes with the safety protocols of what you need to do that and we have to make sure that’s fully put into the vehicle.”

That doesn’t sound anything like a promise to give job 1 cars OTA frunk buttons in 2021.

Was this remembered incorrectly or did he say it somewhere else?
Sponsored