Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My Chrysler PHEV also forbids towing but I added a under bumper hitch and hid everything but the receiver coming out from the under cladding (Took my time only cutting away only what was necessary.) I did this for a 3 bike Küat rack. I feel it actually looks better/cleaner than the factory option (for the non PHEV version) that I could have installed. Hopefully there will be a 3rd party hitch that is well hidden, but without seeing under the back of the car who knows- could be easier without the exhaust.
If you end up with one with a visible receiver, maybe you can make a fake exhaust pipe to go on it when not it use. Now that will confuse some people!
Sponsored

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
At least they didn't build the dividers from supplies at Home Depot. That's a win.

1605912271369.png
At least they didn't build the dividers from supplies at Home Depot. That's a win.

1605912271369.png
hardware for the electronic trunk release includes luggage compartment switch release module gfm relay module hood latch release cable actuator modules involved include apim RFA BCM IPC and gwm. Communication blinds high speed can 1 2 3 4 and medium speed can along with wiring including battery jump port behind front bumper. Imports also include RCM abs Hood ajar switch and SOB DMC. This all taken from online shop manual description of operation. I don't think they're going to let all of this go to waste and leave us hanging with no electronic of the front luggage compartment

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
hardware for the electronic trunk release includes luggage compartment switch release module gfm relay module hood latch release cable actuator modules involved include apim RFA BCM IPC and gwm. Communication blinds high speed can 1 2 3 4 and medium speed can along with wiring including battery jump port behind front bumper. Imports also include RCM abs Hood ajar switch and SOB DMC. This all taken from online shop manual description of operation. I don't think they're going to let all of this go to waste and leave us hanging with no electronic of the front luggage compartment
probably took less computer power to put men on the moon

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Americans have been putting dumb warnings on lots of things for a long time like the McDonald's coffee cup that says "Warning! Contents may be hot."

Here are a few from http://www.fsteiger.com/warning-labels.html
On a baby stroller:
Remove child before folding stroller.

On an electric iron:
Do not iron garment while wearing.

On Boot's Children's cough medicine:
Do not drive car or operate machinery.

On Nytol sleep aid:
Warning: may cause drowsiness.

On Sainsbury's peanuts:
Warning: contains nuts.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
McDonald's coffee cup that says "Warning! Contents may be hot."
https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts#:~:text=In 1992, 79-year-,for the burns she suffered.

Mcdonald's coffee was routinely kept at near-boiling temperatures at the time. Far higher than it was kept anywhere else or should be kept at (Don't make coffee with boiling water btw, it does horrid things to coffee). Hot enough to cause 3rd-degree burns in 3 seconds. Too hot to drink in fact. In fact, they'd had over 700 cases of serious injuries from their coffee causing 3rd-degree burns ... and chose to ignore them.

Sometimes there's a reason for the silly labels. Other times, companies have to conform to proper standards and put a label on it.

Last edited:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts#:~:text=In 1992, 79-year-,for the burns she suffered.

Mcdonald's coffee was routinely kept at near-boiling temperatures at the time. Far higher than it was kept anywhere else or should be kept at (Don't make coffee with boiling water btw, it does horrid things to coffee). Hot enough to cause 3rd-degree burns in 3 seconds. Too hot to drink in fact. In fact, they'd had over 700 cases of serious injuries from their coffee causing 3rd-degree burns ... and chose to ignore them.

Sometimes there's a reason for the silly labels. Other times, companies have to conform to proper standards and pout a label on it.
And McDonald's spent a ton of money after to convince people that the lady was dumb and it was all her fault that she was burned by coffee that was way too hot

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

JBB_JD

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 22 Escape Hy, 20 Fusion Hy, 20 Escape
Country flag
This might go in the Modification thread or just PITA fix but I took the frunk dividers out this morning. 8 plastic 'bolts' - pop-up center and whole bolt pulls out. My nephew at a dealer says these are standard parts so easy to replace if destroyed. I don't have little kids so not worried about hide-n-seek disasters. 3 plastic dividers cannot be structural and it looks like center cannot be removed w/o removing sides. Sides can go back in w/o center but not planning that. Yes there are 8 holes in the frunk now, I am considering putting 'bolts' back in but time will tell. Plug/water holding not tested yet. Here is after pic.

PXL_20210227_155331576.jpg

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
This might go in the Modification thread or just PITA fix but I took the frunk dividers out this morning. 8 plastic 'bolts' - pop-up center and whole bolt pulls out. My nephew at a dealer says these are standard parts so easy to replace if destroyed. I don't have little kids so not worried about hide-n-seek disasters. 3 plastic dividers cannot be structural and it looks like center cannot be removed w/o removing sides. Sides can go back in w/o center but not planning that. Yes there are 8 holes in the frunk now, I am considering putting 'bolts' back in but time will tell. Plug/water holding not tested yet. Here is after pic.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk PXL_20210227_155331576
How long did it take you to remove it?

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Dividerectomy, very tempted. Dividers seemed like a good idea for groceries, but at my first Costco trip, just about nothing fit right.