zervoulias

First Name
Evangelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Hello people.. maybe something really obvious for most, so excuse the naive question..: Is it possible (or most probable) that some versions (i.e. Europe, I am in Switzerland for example) do NOT have a homelink at all?? I'm struggling to visually spot any, and nowhere nothing to be found in the settings or anything too..... how would it look like for the MME and where..?? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Hello people.. maybe something really obvious for most, so excuse the naive question..: Is it possible (or most probable) that some versions (i.e. Europe, I am in Switzerland for example) do NOT have a homelink at all?? I'm struggling to visually spot any, and nowhere nothing to be found in the settings or anything too..... how would it look like for the MME and where..?? Thanks in advance!
it'd be in the visor above the driver.

absent that, if you have HomeKit and a garage door that supports HomeKit then you can open the garage door using Apple CarPlay.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I have programmed a bunch of these Homelink systems for myself and others that were having trouble, and I have always had better success by using a working remote than just pressing the learn button on the opener.
The reason is that when you program from the remote, the Homelink system can determine the proper frequency, which can very between years and manufacturers, especially Genie vs Chamberlain/LiftMaster.
YMMV...

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I got it. Weird step where I had to hold the remote button for 10 seconds PRIOR to holding the Homelink button. Then another step where I hold them both simultaneously until fast blink, jump out of car and hit Program button on garage unit. Working perfectly now.

Thanks all!
The first step is where HomeLink is learning the frequency of the remote. The second step is learning the code.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The first step is where HomeLink is learning the frequency of the remote. The second step is learning the code.
I know this is an old thread but I found it after trying and failing to program my homelink to my genie opener.

The above is what worked for me, but the instructions for me were wrong.

Instructions- push and release homelink button you want to program, push and hold remote until homelink light goes solid. If it blinks quickly, repeat process.

I could never get it to go solid, just fast blink.

So I gave up and hit the “learn” button on the opener and hit the fast blinking homelink button twice and it worked.

summary-

Step 1- program homelink using existing remote

Step 2- hit learn on the garage door opener and hit newly programmed homelink button a couple times until garage door moves.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
I’ve tried and tried to get my MME Homelink to open my LiftMaster garage door but no such look. Had to buy a new remote recently and that took seconds to programme. Will keep trying and trawl back over YouTube!
Same for me. Learn button on the opener itself did not work but using the garage door's hand held remote did work. This surprised me because I have the latest model Chamberlai/Liftmaster (same company) and thought I had to program the home link through the opener's learn button.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Same for me. Learn button on the opener itself did not work but using the garage door's hand held remote did work. This surprised me because I have the latest model Chamberlai/Liftmaster (same company) and thought I had to program the home link through the opener's learn button.
The learn button is typically only used to set the rolling code AFTER the Homelink button is trained with the remote, and isn’t always necessary, depending on the model.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The learn button is typically only used to set the rolling code AFTER the Homelink button is trained with the remote, and isn’t always necessary depending on the model.
Unfortunately the owners manual says nothing about that.
Sponsored