Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
I'm having trouble with this. I have a new Genie 1128.

So the steps I followed were:

Clear Homelink by pressing two outer buttons.
Press and hold remote and MachE Homelink button until fast blink.

I've tried a few different variations but no luck so far. Any advice?
Page 138 of the owners manual. I know it works as I have used it with my soon to be departed F150 and my Mustang. If you live in Canada then it can be a struggle. By the way I, just as a precaution, followed the instructions on page 140 to clear the buttons first. Not sure I needed to but did it just incase. Of all the things new on the Mach-E these homelink buttons are not one of them :)
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got it. Weird step where I had to hold the remote button for 10 seconds PRIOR to holding the Homelink button. Then another step where I hold them both simultaneously until fast blink, jump out of car and hit Program button on garage unit. Working perfectly now.

Thanks all!

Defiant1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Country flag

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
I have programed my garage/gate opener successfully three times now but the car loses the programing and I end up having to go in the house and get the gate opener to drive the car in! Why is the car forgetting?
Are you programming the car inside the garage and happen to have another car with Homelink programmed inside at the same time? When I programmed the Mach e the first time I somehow lost the programming on my other car which had been fine for years. Reprogrammed the other car and then the Mach e lost the programming.

Programmed the Mach e sitting in the driveway instead while the other car was in the garage and now no issues. Not sure why it's happening now because the car my Mach e replaced didn't have this issue.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Thanks! This fixed it for me. Didn't realize you needed to do BOTH steps. Directions need to be more clear.
The first step where you use your existing remote control lets the Homelink sytem figure out the frequency of the remote. The second step lets it learn the code to your opener.
If the default or last programmed frequency on the button you are programming happens to match your remote, (a pretty good chance actually) doing only the second step will work.
Obviously, doing both steps is the way to ensure success.

I have programmed Homelink on Chevy, Ford, Jeep and Porsche vehicles in the last month (we moved), and they all program the exact same way. However, the instructions in the various manuals range from fairly good to really bad! For example, you do not have to reset all buttons before programming a new one, but a couple of the manuals say you should.

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
No issue here, though had to refer to the videos on homelink's website to be sure. Also have a liftmaster.
please post URL that worked ?!
I have an old (2001) Chamberlain Liftmaster (red button), and two working hand-held transmitters, and cannot find a procedure to get MME Homelink to work with it....

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
please post URL that worked ?!
I have an old (2001) Chamberlain Liftmaster (red button), and two working hand-held transmitters, and cannot find a procedure to get MME Homelink to work with it....
walk thought the wizard here Works With Chamberlain or here HomeLink to find your instructions for your specific opener.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Any success?
A combination of what was in that guide and my garage door opener manual worked. I think the key was holding the garage door opener remote for 10 seconds then doing the typical Homelink process but it's working perfectly now.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
walk thought the wizard here Works With Chamberlain or here HomeLink to find your instructions for your specific opener.

I got mine to work, and posted the HomeLink instructions.... which were 'close'. The summary is:
- press and hold buttons 1, 3 until flashhing changes to rapid on the MME visor to 'clear'
- position your hald-held remote right next to the visor and press and hold desired visor button AND working hand-held remote button until visor Homelink blinking changes to rapid
- press desired visor button 2 seconds to initiate training... and on a old opener, or 'rolling code' opener, you have to:
.... locate and press the 'train' button on the opener. on my old Chamberlain, it is a red button
- hop back in the car, and press/release desired visor button again, wait a second to see if door triggers, and press visor button again if needed, maybe 3x until it 'takes'

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I got mine to work, and posted the HomeLink instructions.... which were 'close'. The summary is:
- press and hold buttons 1, 3 until flashhing changes to rapid on the MME visor to 'clear'
- position your hald-held remote right next to the visor and press and hold desired visor button AND working hand-held remote button until visor Homelink blinking changes to rapid
- press desired visor button 2 seconds to initiate training... and on a old opener, or 'rolling code' opener, you have to:
.... locate and press the 'train' button on the opener. on my old Chamberlain, it is a red button
- hop back in the car, and press/release desired visor button again, wait a second to see if door triggers, and press visor button again if needed, maybe 3x until it 'takes'
Exaclty what dtbaker61 said : works every time.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Exactly what dtbaker61 said : works every time

vicmd

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e ordered
Occupation
MD
Country flag
This worked for me too but now the remotes do not work .... decided to not use them tho like them for cycling. Any one else have this problem?? I have a liftmaster WiFi so my phone opens it too. Anyone have the fordpass frump opener yet? That could change my life.
I got the plugs from bumperplug.com and removed the front license plate attachement. Looks great!!!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
This worked for me too but now the remotes do not work .... decided to not use them tho like them for cycling. Any one else have this problem?? I have a liftmaster WiFi so my phone opens it too. Anyone have the fordpass frump opener yet? That could change my life.
I got the plugs from bumperplug.com and removed the front license plate attachement. Looks great!!!

you might have to re-train your remotes if you 'cleared' everything before training the MME.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I just have my driver get out in the rain and manually open the door in the rain. It's raining every time.

Next month: Attack bullfrogs.
Sponsored