Marki

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Hi My FE has close to 600 miles right now. I am charging at home, getting about 3 miles per hour charging this way. I am going to keep max charge at about 90%. I was surprised today to see 99% charge and 299 miles range. This is more than I expected. Anyone else getting similar numbers?
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Hi My FE has close to 600 miles right now. I am charging at home, getting about 3 miles per hour charging this way. I am going to keep max charge at about 90%. I was surprised today to see 99% charge and 299 miles range. This is more than I expected. Anyone else getting similar numbers?
Nope. I'm not charging to 100% SOC but based on the percentage I'd be at roughly 240-245 miles at 99%. That seems about right for the driving I do. Mostly freeway with lots of strong accelerations.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
[/QUOTE

This will definitely vary as you drive more. Of course, during summer months we should see longer range. One good indicator of your mileage would be to see your current and total averages of your miles/Kwh that shows up in the trip monitor.

Right now, it my 1100 miles traveled, I am averaging 2.8 mi/kwh. For my 32.3 mile trip yesterday, I hit 3.5 mi/kwh.

I forgot who, but one of our fellow forum members put together a very helpful table to show potential range given the trim level you have and the observed mi/kwh.

If I find it, I will update with a link the post.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I charge to 90%. The GOM shows about 220 miles for my AWD ER. That would correspond to about 240 miles at 100%. Today, I went on a 16 mile trip and the range on the GOM only dropped 12 miles.
I put more faith in the mi/kWh display than the GOM. Normally runs 3.1 - .37 which would put my range at about 300 miles, give or take.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
My winter range is about EPA - 1 mile/kWh.
My summer range is about EPA + 1 mile/kWh.

If this holds true to the Mach-E that means the range will be about 182 miles in Winter and 358 in the summer. My First Edition is supposed to arrive in May so I will be getting some awesome range by then.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
My winter range is about EPA - 1 mile/kWh.
My summer range is about EPA + 1 mile/kWh.

If this holds true to the Mach-E that means the range will be about 182 miles in Winter and 358 in the summer. My First Edition is supposed to arrive in May so I will be getting some awesome range by then.
I suspect you may be right. In some of my drive (not so aggressive 60mph), I have seen 5.8 mi/kwh thought it tend to come down to 4.1 by the time i am done. At those rates, I can see much higher range during the summer.

The only thing I would like to know from warmer weather members or experienced members, how much is range impacted with air conditioning. I know you lose range to heat the cabin. What has been your experience with air conditioning?

73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Escape, 2020 Explorer
Country flag
I could use some help with an estimated average Miles/KWh. I live in Michigan, so we get cold winters and warm summers. Estimated miles/KWh will help me determine which energy program I should select from my electric company when my Mach e eventually arrives. I have ordered an AWD Extended Range model.
Sponsored