First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Not Ford related, but I saw this article today about new battery tech from GM and LG. Sounds pretty good to me!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...thium-ion-batteries-for-new-evs/#4b2397e4f102

Maybe the reduced wiring also means less weight, and better efficiency.

I also like the idea of having one BMS per module instead of one for the whole pack, and of course, needing less cobalt is a good thing.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not Ford related, but I saw this article today about new battery tech from GM and LG. Sounds pretty good to me!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...thium-ion-batteries-for-new-evs/#4b2397e4f102

Maybe the reduced wiring also means less weight, and better efficiency.

I also like the idea of having one BMS per module instead of one for the whole pack, and of course, needing less cobalt is a good thing.
Seth Weintraub from Electrek reported that GM says their battery packs are upgradeable. So a new pack could be swapped in with greater capacity than the old pack. Seems awesome.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
All I can say is the Mustang Mach E is looking more attractive each day. GM really disappointed me with their announcement. No cars, other than the continued sell of the bolt ? will be releasing through middle of next year.

They are clearly behind the 8 ball, hopefully they can punch forward next year and have a 300+ mile EV at a very attractive price.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
competition is good.

but yes, all the ICE manufacturers seem to be major catchup mode to tesla. battery platform, dedicated battery technology, in-house electric motor development, battery factory etc.... tesla created the blueprint and GM (and others) are basically saying, yes, we get it and are finally following. it's almost like if they don't do these press-events, wall street will give up on them and their stock. so even though they don't have anything to release now, it's all about the future and the future is EV...

ideally they could've at least shared more about the bolt update. many people have said the bolt's a great car except for maybe the low-rent interior and over-priced msrp. a larger, refined version sounds like a great entry in the EV market. we need more variety and options in the EV world, so go GM!

i'm excited to get the mach-e this fall/winter. but i also am even more sure now it'll be a lease. all this news about EVs coming in 2021-2025 is exciting. i'm sure tesla's battery day will be exciting.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Bless your heart. I know more than a few people that thought about it and then said nope for those reasons plus styling.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
The GM battery plant is across the tollroad from their old Cruze Lordstown, Ohio plant. It has been under construction for a number of months now.
Sponsored