JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Friday I said good bye to 2 of my favorite vehicles, my 2021 MME (31k miles) and my 2014 Ram 1500 (127k miles). Both have many memories with my Ram being a staple in my kids growing up over the past 9 years, countless road trips and vacations memories. The MME was a bit of a spontaneous order when I saw it, and figured with all my vehicles payed off I could swing a 3rd car to try out.

The MME was my 1st step in EV world, it was cool looking and got a lot of use in our 2 years of ownership. My father and I have always had a vehicle obsession for cool and different. He was really impressed with the MME, being a die hard Ford guy didn't hurt. Unfortunately in Dec 2021 he was diagnosed with leukemia, it was advance and missed due to all the COVID issues which prevented him getting an annual for almost 2 years. He ended up in Atlanta area for the best treatment and the MME ended up a road trip car from Huntsville to Atlanta 2-3 times each month. The limited range in winter was the biggest issue, but still the extra time on the road let me have some time to think.

My Dad passed away end of June 2022, it was fast and unexpected. He had a rough 2 weeks and I was with him the Sunday before and he was back to his usual self when I said good by and drove back to Huntsville. Early Monday morning his heart gave up and he went quietly without any warning.

During his 6 months of treatment he rode in both the MME and Ram numerous times depending on what he needed. The MME he was always telling his nurses about, that made it a star everytime I was taking him to his weekly treatments. He was tickled with the comfort and power, and we talked about the next EV, F150 Lightning is what he said he would buy when he was able to drive again. The Ram was also a favorite with him too, as mine was mint and never had any major issues. It was a beast with Crew Cab, 4x4, Hemi, long bed and cap. Even though he had several F150s, he was always drafting my Ram for dirty work at their cabin in TN lol.

The trade in was a good enough deal for me and my new XLT Antimatter Blue Lightning with ER is a natural step up to move out of 2 cars expenses to 1 that should work well for us for hopefully 100k miles and new memories. I have a lot of road trips by myself and in both MME and my Ram I could always look over and see Dad there, smiling. I'm pretty sure he will join me in the Lightning and will approve. I just wish we could talk cars and trucks 1 more time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Can we get a cry emoji reaction?

Thanks for sharing but I can't focus on cars/trucks with that story. Sorry for your loss and I'm sure he's smiling, from up above, over that Lightning purchase.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm sorry to "hear" about your father. 😰🐩 My mom was the Mustang owner in the family and she was super-enthused about my putting my MME on reservation. She made me order a GT (wasn't hard to convince me since that was in the back of my mind thew whole time) and promise to give her a "death ride" in it after I got it. She passed a couple of months before my car even went into production. I have given her ashes a few rides in the car, but I haven't given her the death ride yet because of the HVBJB hanging over our heads. I'll probably do that soon since I recently got the HVBJB replaced. 🤷‍♂️🐩 Congrats on the new truck and I hope your dad gets to co-pilot your F150 Lightning from above. 😊🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Can we get a cry emoji reaction?

Thanks for sharing but I can't focus on cars/trucks with that story. Sorry for your loss and I'm sure he's smiling, from up above, over that Lightning purchase.
This.
You’ve done your dad proud.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. As the other posters already said, you did your father proud by being with him through those tough times.

Hoping the Lightning brings you some much needed joy in these moments.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Thanks all, the forum has been great. I hope Ford keeps getting this better each year.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nice trade. We love our Lightning. I'm sure your dad would have loved it too.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. I wish my dad would have made it to get to ride in my MME, I know he would have loved it.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Friday I said good bye to 2 of my favorite vehicles, my 2021 MME (31k miles) and my 2014 Ram 1500 (127k miles). Both have many memories with my Ram being a staple in my kids growing up over the past 9 years, countless road trips and vacations memories. The MME was a bit of a spontaneous order when I saw it, and figured with all my vehicles payed off I could swing a 3rd car to try out.

The MME was my 1st step in EV world, it was cool looking and got a lot of use in our 2 years of ownership. My father and I have always had a vehicle obsession for cool and different. He was really impressed with the MME, being a die hard Ford guy didn't hurt. Unfortunately in Dec 2021 he was diagnosed with leukemia, it was advance and missed due to all the COVID issues which prevented him getting an annual for almost 2 years. He ended up in Atlanta area for the best treatment and the MME ended up a road trip car from Huntsville to Atlanta 2-3 times each month. The limited range in winter was the biggest issue, but still the extra time on the road let me have some time to think.

My Dad passed away end of June 2022, it was fast and unexpected. He had a rough 2 weeks and I was with him the Sunday before and he was back to his usual self when I said good by and drove back to Huntsville. Early Monday morning his heart gave up and he went quietly without any warning.

During his 6 months of treatment he rode in both the MME and Ram numerous times depending on what he needed. The MME he was always telling his nurses about, that made it a star everytime I was taking him to his weekly treatments. He was tickled with the comfort and power, and we talked about the next EV, F150 Lightning is what he said he would buy when he was able to drive again. The Ram was also a favorite with him too, as mine was mint and never had any major issues. It was a beast with Crew Cab, 4x4, Hemi, long bed and cap. Even though he had several F150s, he was always drafting my Ram for dirty work at their cabin in TN lol.

The trade in was a good enough deal for me and my new XLT Antimatter Blue Lightning with ER is a natural step up to move out of 2 cars expenses to 1 that should work well for us for hopefully 100k miles and new memories. I have a lot of road trips by myself and in both MME and my Ram I could always look over and see Dad there, smiling. I'm pretty sure he will join me in the Lightning and will approve. I just wish we could talk cars and trucks 1 more time.
You going to love your Lightning.
I have fun with both my MME and Lightning. Good Luck.!!!
Antimatter Blue also.

PXL_20220807_225543790.jpg

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Your father raised a good man.
Sponsored