Goodbye Mach e

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I am going to sell this vehicle and buy something that I can rely on
Excellent! It will create two happy people in the universe - you and someone who buys your car.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't think you should feel like you can't take a trip in it, but that's just me. Shit happens, and all cars have some sort of issue, especially all these first year models.
Over 15,000 road trip miles on our First Edition, many up and down the Rocky Mountains. Loving it.

But I don't drive it like I stole it.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
not going to comment on the validity of the OP’s reasons for selling,

however The software issues are a real concern I have going forward. As the cars get older and the hardware becomes more dated there is likely to be more compatibility issues.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
If I was concerned about the fear of what could happen when I'm driving, I'd never get in the car. Probably more likely to get in an accident!

I am annoyed with Ford about the way they've handled service after the sale.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Although the Mach e has many fine features, I cannot rely on it to take a trip of several hundred miles to see my relatives. I cannot take the chance of having my car brick. The software update plainly does not adequately resolve this issue. It is untenable that Ford will not properly address this problem. I am going to sell this vehicle and buy something that I can rely on
Yeah right lol. It's plain lack of knowledge. The software issue does fix how hardware operates preventing it from over heating. Also, single post? Good bye Tesla forum member.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I would like to make an announcement too. I took my Mach E on a 1200 mile trip last week and a 900 mile trip this week. I didn't worry about range, I didn't worry about where I was going to charge it, for that matter I didn't worry about blowing a tire (no spare)

Cars do have problems but when they do then I deal with it.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
There have been no fires in the replacement Bolt battery packs to my knowledge...
I guess your line isn't fire. Good to know! 🔥

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Although the Mach e has many fine features, I cannot rely on it to take a trip of several hundred miles to see my relatives. I cannot take the chance of having my car brick. The software update plainly does not adequately resolve this issue. It is untenable that Ford will not properly address this problem. I am going to sell this vehicle and buy something that I can rely on
The software was never a fix. Just a safety feature to allow the car to be driven if the HV issue occurs. Ford is addressing the issue. Set an appointment and have the part replaced.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After my trip to the beach I feel the same way. Worried the entire time will it charge... will the only charging station within 150 miles be working properly.... When will the SVS or the dreaded SSN message pop up.... all that and $60K
I am driving my car everywhere I can. I love driving it. Why worry about what you cannot control?

Sure, be prepared, but stop worrying. You have the forum to help you, and you are fortunate you found it. Because so many people here will take valuable time out of their day when you have a problem. Be confident and be prepared, and drive your freaking car!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would like to make an announcement too. I took my Mach E on a 1200 mile trip last week and a 900 mile trip this week. I didn't worry about range, I didn't worry about where I was going to charge it, for that matter I didn't worry about blowing a tire (no spare)

Cars do have problems but when they do then I deal with it.
Oooo! This is a great point! I have had multiple flat tires over the course of my driving life, yet I am driving my car without a spare tire. WTH is wrong with me? Shouldn't I sell my car because I might have a flat tire and won't be able to fix it?

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
not going to comment on the validity of the OP’s reasons for selling,

however The software issues are a real concern I have going forward. As the cars get older and the hardware becomes more dated there is likely to be more compatibility issues.
Compatibility With what? The car is what it is. It isn't going to suddenly become incompatible with itself. This aspect of the EV market actually is superior feature to standard ICE.

Now if you are worried about Carplay, Android Auto, well that seems like an industry wide issue once a car leaves the factory and exponentially worse in non-OS driven EVs. In fact the MME probably has a much longer lifecycle due to the ability to update the entire OS.

I'm honestly confused with your statement. Ford isn't going to out-program the ability of the center console or any aspect of the car. They also aren't going to be adding components which have a heavier requirement at any point ever.

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I guess your line isn't fire. Good to know! 🔥
Incorrect. I used to own a Bolt and having to park it outside for some time and not charge overnight is partly why I got rid of it and got a MME, and I'm so happy I did. However, 1) the Bolt fires were still extremely rare 2) Chevy got to the bottom of what was causing it and 3) eventually made it right by replacing everyone's battery packs or buying back their vehicle. Along the way there was some foot dragging where they thought they could solve it with software updates. I think there are some lessons for Ford (e.g. HVBJB) in the Bolt ordeal. But I wouldn't be concerned in the least about fires in the new battery packs. There have not been any. And a Bolt with a new battery pack is a great car for a great price.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Incorrect. I used to own a Bolt and having to park it outside for some time and not charge overnight is partly why I got rid of it and got a MME, and I'm so happy I did. However, 1) the Bolt fires were still extremely rare 2) Chevy got to the bottom of what was causing it and 3) eventually made it right by replacing everyone's battery packs or buying back their vehicle. Along the way there was some foot dragging where they thought they could solve it with software updates. I think there are some lessons for Ford (e.g. HVBJB) in the Bolt ordeal. But I wouldn't be concerned in the least about fires in the new battery packs. There have not been any. And a Bolt with a new battery pack is a great car for a great price.
Good points. I was joking. Mostly.
Sponsored