OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
All that I can say for sure is that I did not perform any re-learn or training procedure on the vehicle after I swapped out the winter/summer wheels that had a different set of TPMS sensors, and that the vehicle somehow figured it out by itself. It took some time, but did it without any intervention...
It's also possible that you got lucky and ended up with all the wheels in the right locations. The way to tell for sure would be to swap two wheels now and see if the one with lower pressure automatically moves to the new postion.
Sponsored

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Actually this car (and all Ford's I have worked on at least) do not work like this. The TMPS's transmits data wirelessly direct to the BCM. There is nothing in-between those two devices. If you rotate your tires, the BCM needs to relearn what location the tires are in.

Below is from the Mach-E repair manual with an overview of how the TPMS works and detailed instructions on how to retrain the BCM to learn the location of the TPMS's. HOWEVER, there is a much easier way to retrain the BCM especially if you do not have the Special Tire Pressure Monitor Activation tool. Open the drivers door and turn on the ignition (do not start the car). Press the emergency flasher switch 3 times on and off. The horn will beep once and you will get a message on the center display "Train Left Front Tire". Go to the left front tire and let air out until the horn beeps once. This is usually around 30 lbs. Next go to the Right front and do the same thing, then Right rear and Left rear in that order. After you let the air out of each tire and it reaches around 30 lbs, the horn will beep once. When done, the display will read "Tire Training Complete". Turn off the ignition.

Just to make sure the car didn't not recognize which location the tires were in, I switched both front tires around to see if it knew where the tires were. I just got through swapping the front springs out on the car (I will post this in another thread tomorrow) and had not put the tires back on yet. I have 40 in one tire and 32 in the other. The car didn't recognize that I switched the tires.

On another note, I have in the past couple of weeks replaced the tires and wheels on the car a few times with new TPMS's in each set. They are not the OEM Ford TPMS's as I like the short metal stem once rather than rubber. I do not have to train the BCM to recognize the new sensors. As long as they are 315 MHz sensors, it automatically pairs them however you do have to train the BCM to recognize their location as I mentioned above.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.25.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.33.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.34.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.34.57 AM.png
Hello How long did the car take to recognize the new sensors?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello How long did the car take to recognize the new sensors?
About 1-2 miles of driving so fairly quick. I’ve had some sensors that were almost instant.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
About 1-2 miles of driving so fairly quick. I’ve had some sensors that were almost instant.
Not having any luck with the ones I’ve had I’ve driven over 50 miles

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not having any luck with the ones I’ve had I’ve driven over 50 miles
Did you get any one of the several different sensors that are known to work mentioned here on this forum?

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
So the sensors I put in were recommended on the Ford website as aftermarket I spent all day trying to get them to link with the car with no success. ended up going to a tire vendor and copy in the old sensors code to the new sensors and got them to work. As of now they do that is :)
So now I have two sets of tires with the same code hopefully if I ever have to change back they’re good to go.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the sensors I put in were recommended on the Ford website as aftermarket I spent all day trying to get them to link with the car with no success. ended up going to a tire vendor and copy in the old sensors code to the new sensors and got them to work. As of now they do that is :)
So now I have two sets of tires with the same code hopefully if I ever have to change back they’re good to go.
Since those are cloneable sensors, they probably came with no sensor IDs on them. I know that’s the case with the Autel sensors that I use.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Yeah they originally came with no ID had to have them program or unlock them still didn’t work only way I would work with clone

but hay love and learn

Rhndrsn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Have a 22 GT-PE. Just got an all-season wheel and tire set from tirerack.com with 315 MHz sensors included by then when they mounted and balanced. Installed the wheels and tires today. I expected to have to do the corner relearn procedure as mentioned before. The corner relearn routine is accessible with accessory power on and pressing the hazard flashers a couple of times. However, I had no luck using that method. Dropping the pressure in driver left never got it past train driver left message. Eventually, I just started driving and somehow it associates new sensors to the correct locations. I dropped pressure individually in 3 of the tires to confirm. There’s either individual reader in each wheel wheel or some fancy algorithm at work to auto associate new sensors.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have a 22 GT-PE. Just got an all-season wheel and tire set from tirerack.com with 315 MHz sensors included by then when they mounted and balanced. Installed the wheels and tires today. I expected to have to do the corner relearn procedure as mentioned before. The corner relearn routine is accessible with accessory power on and pressing the hazard flashers a couple of times. However, I had no luck using that method. Dropping the pressure in driver left never got it past train driver left message. Eventually, I just started driving and somehow it associates new sensors to the correct locations. I dropped pressure individually in 3 of the tires to confirm. There’s either individual reader in each wheel wheel or some fancy algorithm at work to auto associate new sensors.
Yeah, it was later determined that the car does auto-learn the positions.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
That listing doesn’t say anything about being compatible with a Mach-E. Did the seller say they would work?
@markboris bought these a while back so they should. 315 Hz... seller asked me make and model as well...

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@markboris bought these a while back so they should. 315 Hz... seller asked me make and model as well...
They appear to be programmable, so I guess it would depend if the seller programmed them properly for the MME.
Sponsored