Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I’ve had this on two occasions. It shows the car thousands of feet away from its real location but moving in the right direction.

sync reset did not fix it in either case

bc will not work when this happens.

it persisted for two or three days then I noticed it started working again.

weird
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’ve had this on two occasions. It shows the car thousands of feet away from its real location but moving in the right direction.

sync reset did not fix it in either case

bc will not work when this happens.

it persisted for two or three days then I noticed it started working again.

weird
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

OP
OP

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Well the GPS is working now after I started the vehicle this morning. I am keeping an eye on it though to see how long it has my location correct.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I’ve had this happen perhaps 4 or 5 times since February 2021.
Each time it went away on its own after a day or so.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i just had this happen at the start of a road trip, made driving extremely difficult. only on-board GPS and android auto seem to be broken, carplay (we eventually learned) appeared to work.

reseting the screen didn't do anything, i reset it maybe 5 times over the course of 2 hours. turning the car off and reseting the screen again also didn't do anything. but then i turned the car off yet a second time, it fixed itself.

overall don't know the reason for the issue, but this is also my first time encountering it in 8 months of driving

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
i just had this happen at the start of a road trip, made driving extremely difficult. only on-board GPS and android auto seem to be broken, carplay (we eventually learned) appeared to work.

reseting the screen didn't do anything, i reset it maybe 5 times over the course of 2 hours. turning the car off and reseting the screen again also didn't do anything. but then i turned the car off yet a second time, it fixed itself.

overall don't know the reason for the issue, but this is also my first time encountering it in 8 months of driving
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

toggleE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Raptor, Ducati SF, WRX STI
Country flag
Had this issue too. We never use the onboard Nav but realized something was wrong when the charger was running during peak hours. Turns out, our location was off by a quarter mile, so it did not recognize home charging and just charged to 100% during peak hours.

Tried a bunch of fixes but what finally fixed it inputting a destination in the Nav and driving to the destination. Now, everytime i plug in the car at home, i wait to see if it starts charging right away during peak hours.

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I had it happen for the first time this morning. Interestingly, the only difference b/w every other day and today is that I got 2.8.2 yesterday afternoon.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
This is happening to me now. Used BlueCruise on the way to my in-laws + Android Auto/Google Maps directions, no issues. On the way home we took local without maps so I don't know at what point it broke, but when I got home and plugged in, I realized the GPS was putting me about 1/3 mile South per the FP location + charging information. Got in the car, did a few Sync resets (vol down + seek right) while stationary and driving around but my GPS is still broken. Thought it might have to do with my new dashcam with GPS (installed this morning) so I disabled GPS on the dashcam (didn't work) and even unplugged it fully (didn't work). Got home from my test driving and the GPS was now reporting a few houses South instead. Very annoying. Will see if it resolves itself tomorrow

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
This is happening to me now. Used BlueCruise on the way to my in-laws + Android Auto/Google Maps directions, no issues. On the way home we took local without maps so I don't know at what point it broke, but when I got home and plugged in, I realized the GPS was putting me about 1/3 mile South per the FP location + charging information. Got in the car, did a few Sync resets (vol down + seek right) while stationary and driving around but my GPS is still broken. Thought it might have to do with my new dashcam with GPS (installed this morning) so I disabled GPS on the dashcam (didn't work) and even unplugged it fully (didn't work). Got home from my test driving and the GPS was now reporting a few houses South instead. Very annoying. Will see if it resolves itself tomorrow
Pls post if it doesn’t start working. I’ve had the exact same thing…. After a day or two it always started working again.

hard broken is a lot easier to trouble shoot than intermittently bad.

if it is still bad you can see the number of sats and the HDOP (vol down Seek left) in the diagnostics screen. The So What is that if there are lots of sats and low HDOP but location is wrong the receiver is fine… but the map SW is crapping out. If there are few sats or high HDOP then the receiver or antenna are bad.

because this is intermittent, I suspect crapped out mapping SW.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Pls post if it doesn’t start working. I’ve had the exact same thing…. After a day or two it always started working again.

hard broken is a lot easier to trouble shoot than intermittently bad.

if it is still bad you can see the number of sats and the HDOP (vol down Seek left) in the diagnostics screen. The So What is that if there are lots of sats and low HDOP but location is wrong the receiver is fine… but the map SW is crapping out. If there are few sats or high HDOP then the receiver or antenna are bad.

because this is intermittent, I suspect crapped out mapping SW.
In the morning, it was not working still. Did a Sync reset, GPS was still wonky. Headed about 8 miles North on local roads, but compass was showing Eastbound movement and my Google Maps via Android Auto was showing the same. Parked at our destination and came back to the car ~1 hour later and Google Maps via Android Auto showed us at the correct location! Drove home and GPS seemed fine, FP app confirms I am charging at home with 90% charging limit.

On a related sidenote, I checked my Google Maps timeline for today and it's kinda wonky. Shows that I drove out East per the messed up GPS, then went straight shot, as the crow flies, directly Northwest to my actual destination.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
In the morning, it was not working still. Did a Sync reset, GPS was still wonky. Headed about 8 miles North on local roads, but compass was showing Eastbound movement and my Google Maps via Android Auto was showing the same. Parked at our destination and came back to the car ~1 hour later and Google Maps via Android Auto showed us at the correct location! Drove home and GPS seemed fine, FP app confirms I am charging at home with 90% charging limit.

On a related sidenote, I checked my Google Maps timeline for today and it's kinda wonky. Shows that I drove out East per the messed up GPS, then went straight shot, as the crow flies, directly Northwest to my actual destination.
hmm really interesting that your phone would have had the same wrong location... kinda suggests that the GPS/Glonas signals were being spoofed.

When it has been wonky for me, the phone still had the exact correct location.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
hmm really interesting that your phone would have had the same wrong location... kinda suggests that the GPS/Glonas signals were being spoofed.

When it has been wonky for me, the phone still had the exact correct location.
Supposedly the phone uses the GPS from the car when in AA or CP. I have an iPhone and found with CP, this is not the case. Others seem to have this issue with Android.

I have had this issue several times, and I now reset the Sync each time. But the first time I had it, switched to Apple Maps and that worked fine. I have seen cases where the GPS location has simply frozen, and other cases where it seems to be off by a few thousand feet. BlueCruise will not engage, and home charging location gets screwed up.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I've had this problem over the last couple months, seemingly at random (i.e., not tied to any particular update). I have Android Auto, so I didn't know CarPlay doesn't use the car's GPS - good to know! Each time it also showed me a couple of miles off (at one point I was in Lake Michigan...). It would move at high speed (say, 100mph?) when the car was in motion at normal speeds, but not even in the correct compass direction. Resetting Sync didn't do anything; it only fixed itself either after sitting for a while, or after driving a certain distance.

This is what the satellite status would look like when it was malfunctioning:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GPS keeps breaking 1658766820476
Sponsored