Grille logo will be running pony. Limited availability for Mach E?

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
Good points above. I don’t think most of us realize yet how important this car is for the future existence of Ford. A botched launch of its EV program could be a death knell, maybe not immediately but eventually.

So I think a few years down the line we’re going to look back and appreciate the Mach E as the car that helped Ford successfully set the course for the next few decades or curse it as a huge missed opportunity to keep Ford relevant way into the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
This is Ford's "Kodak Moment":
The Mach E is EVERYTHING and it is everything Now.
Let's hope Ford realizes this.

As a photographer who grew up with film but was a techie, too, I knew immediately digital cameras were the future of photography. I even used one of the early Kodak/Nikon digital cameras on loan from Kodak. As an upstate New Yorker, I was disappointed as Kodak did not pursue the technology and watched as others (including Nikon) run with it. Now, Kodak is a shadow of its former self barely living off it's digital printing business which still uses chemicals to produce printed images.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
So I think a few years down the line we’re going to look back and appreciate the Mach E as the car that helped Ford successfully set the course for the next few decades or curse it as a huge missed opportunity to keep Ford relevant way into the future.
Through Fords history there have been several cars that have saved the company the "49 Ford the "86 Taurus to name a couple the Mach E maybe another one of those cars.

MachEBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many
Country flag
Im guessing it will be limited availability to a point. For example, the Volt was Always limited availability. When somebody wanted a Volt you had to travel to a couple diffrent dealers to get the color and options you wanted but they were still plentiful.
when we bought one, we typically found only 2-3 Volts at a dealer scattered between the dozens upon dozens of Chevy Cruze’s.

I’m not worried, I’m thinking Ford will make enough Mach E’s to satisfy the demand for those who have $45k+ to spend on an electric vehicle.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I can tell you want this to be a Taycan competitor, but that's not how it will or should be. Ford does not have a rich following others do, so they need to cater to their crowd and hopefully lower end Tesla buyers.

snip

C'mon dude, you are out of control.

You business model is silly and I am not even sure you are a car guy, or understand US manufacturing and roll outs, etc. But Ford is giving you all the clues you need and you are and just spewing nonsense.

Not sure how you made it to this site, but you should go buy a tesla, because Ford is not competing with tesla. They are competing with other Car companies in releasing their own EV. Elon didn't want to make cars, he wanted to sell Tesla Co and move on, but nobody bought the company... so they are still trying to make volume cars.

Ford is not Tesla, will never be. Tesla is a yuppie car, meant for smug people who don't like to drive. This Mach E is a very different car, meant for people who want an engaging experience and like to track cars. Hence MUSTANG!

Ford's Mach E is not for everyone.

There are a ton of Mustang owners here.... they are not here because they are looking for a EV car (like Tesla). They are here because of what Electric motors can do for a car's performance. I have never been interested in owning a Tesla, not once.... yet I am I 100% interested in this Mach E...

Why...? Because it is associated with MUSTANG and will most likely faster around a track, than a Mustang GT. (See Mach 1)

If you want a family car, might as well wait for Ford's F-150 EV, or the small SUV coming, or one of the other cars Ford is releasing next year. But the Mach E is probably not what you are looking for. An electrified Mach 1...?

Again, 100% bi-polar from elon musk's Tesla. Which is for those who want autopilot and don't care about driving, they can't be bothered by it.... you know, sleeping on the highway while you drive kind of company. Bland and blase' for eco-types who want to save the world.

Tesla is going to have to compete with Ford, Audi, Porsche, Jaguar... etc. Not the other way around...!

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Kodak was an established company like Ford.
Kodak sold film cameras.
Kodak DEVELOPED THE FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA IN 1975!

This is Ford's "Kodak Moment":
The Mach E is EVERYTHING and it is everything Now.
That was terribly over reaching and bad.

Your whole post is moot, because your analogy is flawed. Sounds to me like you are describing Tesla (not kodak) with only one type product, Electric Vehicles. Having only one type of revenue stream..

Where as, Porsche, Audi, Ford, Jaguar, etc... all make both types of cars & trucks. Tesla won't survive another decade once Ford, GM, Audi, VW, etc all release their own EVs. Because Tesla has nothing to fall back on when competition enters the market.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can tell you won't see things from any other point of view but your own. That's fine, we all have our opinions. Multiple others seem to think my reasoning is logical and historically proven. My father has worked for Ford for over 20 years now, and I have owned multiple performance cars. So yes, just to prove it to a random person on the internet, I am a car guy.

I hate to break it to you, but anyone getting into EVs that are quick and decent in performance, are competing with Tesla. That's how the auto world has evolved. If you can't see that, then you are truly stuck in the days of only IC vehicles. I'm not just going to go buy a Tesla, because I'm not blinded by bias and "what's cool." I do, however, appreciate innovation and progress in the EV space. If Ford can't compete, then sure, I will look at a Model Y. If that doesn't fit the bill, then I will fall back to my original plan of an Explorer ST.

I can tell you are riding high on the "mustang inspired" words Ford has marketed (very intelligently) at buyers like you. Mustang inspired just means some good styling cues and good performance. That good performance is synonymous with electric cars in the segment Tesla is currently occupying.

Once again, I can tell you read the articles you want to read and think Teslas are for smug, autopilot, washed up types. That's fine. I think it's ironic you linked an article of a Nurburgring time though. Here's another for you. Nothing to worry about, it's just a lazy autopilot car, not a driver's car. Tesla's 7:23 ring time.

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Accord; ‘94 GT Mustang
Country flag
I thought the Mustang people hated the Mach-E because it’s tarnishing the brand supposedly and because it’ll make them look pedestrian.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I can tell you are riding high on the "mustang inspired" words Ford has marketed (very intelligently) at buyers like you. Mustang inspired just means some good styling cues and good performance. That good performance is synonymous with electric cars in the segment Tesla is currently occupying.

Once again, I can tell you read the articles you want to read and think Teslas are for smug, autopilot, washed up types. That's fine. I think it's ironic you linked an article of a Nurburgring time though. Here's another for you. Nothing to worry about, it's just a lazy autopilot car, not a driver's car. Tesla's 7:23 ring time.
No, I see your point of view, but it is not centered on reality...

This is an electric vehicle associated with the Ford Mustang Mach 1 (go ahead click on the link and educate yourself). Not the Ford Taurus, or the Ford Edge, or the Ford Ecosport, or the Ford f-150, etc... but a Ford Mustang.

Why..?

You have not indicated you understand why... and are tossing up all kinds of facetious arguments that have little bearing on the subject. You do not understand Ford has 100 year of heritage and would ruin the Mustang image, if this was a family grocery getter with a Mustang emblem on it.

You just stated that you think every electric vehicle on the planet is competing with tesla, and that is hilarious. Specially when Ford is making an EV based on the F-150 and the Explorer. How is Tesla going to compete with that..?

You know nothing of sports car, and did not even watch those link I gave you. Nor did you watch the engineers in the simulator, racing the mach around the track. And it is utterly hilarious that you think Teslas are sports cars, because they accelerate fast...

Last edited:

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tesla is the one to beat for an EV performance car, along with Porsche (less so since it's $200k). Rivian will be the F-150 EV competitor. I don't think you understand the market and EV competition currently. You can laugh, but Tesla is laughing around the ring faster than any mustang. It would be awesome to see the Mach E get around the ring close to that time, and I'm sure we'll see. We have until Sunday to speculate, and then we'll have more information. I'm not trying to change your mind, just trying to educate you on how the market has changed and the Big 3 era won't apply the same anymore due to new companies disrupting the mass market of the EV space.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Tesla is the one to beat for an EV performance car, along with Porsche (less so since it's $200k). Rivian will be the F-150 EV competitor. I don't think you understand the market and EV competition currently. You can laugh, but Tesla is laughing around the ring faster than any mustang. It would be awesome to see the Mach E get around the ring close to that time, and I'm sure we'll see. We have until Sunday to speculate, and then we'll have more information. I'm not trying to change your mind, just trying to educate you on how the market has changed and the Big 3 era won't apply the same anymore due to new companies disrupting the mass market of the EV space.
You are a a massive troll.
Can you show me a tesla on a track, beating another car..? (LOL)

Matter of fact, Tesla is coming out with a roadster sports car, to compete with the other brands releasing EV sports cars.

BTW, You sound like a Tesla salesman.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's not a troll. I have no interest to put on a troll to a random person on the internet. Look up Model 3 on youtube with drag race. Their budget EV car beats sports cars on a quarter mile. I'm not your news source, Google is there for a reason. I'm simply trying to educate you with a little bit of understanding that there is more to the internet than what you have seen.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Just because I'm waiting on new code to deploy, here are a few examples of quarter mile pulls vs various performance vehicles.

Model 3 vs Hellcat
Model 3 vs Mustang GT
Model 3 vs 510HP viper
Model S P100D vs 660HP GT500
That is a drag strip..... wtf? (not a track)

Everyone knows that electric vehicles are quick off the line, that alone doesn't make it a track worthy sportscar. It might mean it's good at the drag strip and quarter mile runs.... but has nothing to do with the handling & braking of the car. Don't feel bad, the Hellcat isn't as sports car either....

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can tell you have no interest in becoming educated, and are just wanting to troll on here. Have a good day.

Excited to see how Sunday's event turns out!
Sponsored