Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Hello all,

New member here!

I posted this in the Canadian section, but figured some states get decent winters too so this may gather more results here.

Just signed for a 2022 GT/PE that was in stock.
Good news is no ordering delay, bad news is waiting for the recall to take it home.

I am looking for winter wheels and it seems to be a bit complex with the GT/PE with regards to what will fit or not.
So far i found that the wheels from a Premium will fit, but those wheels are not easily found for sale.
I'd rather go with 19inch for winter to reduce cost a bit and get more tire choices.

Anyone found some decent aftermarket wheels in 19 inches that were ok with the load rating and cleared the brakes?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Did you ever find an answer to this? You've confirmed the stock 19's from a Premium will fit around the big brakes?

Thanks.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The GT-PE has bigger front brakes than the other trims, so I am pretty sure that a lot of 19” wheels won’t fit. If you get wheels, please make sure you test fit to ensure there is no interference with the brakes. 😱🐩

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I bought a set of premium wheels to use with summer tires. A company out of California had wheels taken off a brand new vehicle. Felt it was way better than messing with aftermarket given the considerations you mentioned. Worth mentioning I have a premium trim mme.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I've not bought anything for winter yet.

I'm keeping an eye on local ads for oem Edge and Explorer wheels, seems that may be a good option for winter. Not sure yet if i'll go 19 or 20. Have to try 19 before i buy which complicates things.

Mikeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE DMG
Country flag
I would suggest checking with your dealer on cost of OEM GT PE wheels. I called a local dealer and they quoted me about $500 per wheel...which is very reasonable and not worth going aftermarket route IMO. They will fit 100% and look good.
Getting winter rims and tires for your GT PE isn't going to be cheap whichever way you look at it. Rubber is $500 per tire. $500 per wheel, close to $4k when all said and done.

I got lucky...a local GT PE owner was moving to spain, sold his GT PE rims and michelin rubber for reasonable price to. When my GT PE arrives...I know it will fit without a doubt.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Hi Mikeg, not sure where you shop for winter tires, but they average between 200 and 400 max around here in Quebec.
As for wheels, I'd love to get my hands on another set of GTPE but not for 2000$
I do plan on staying oem, but i'm thinking more like Edge or Explorer wheels.
Maybe even Land Rover since it's the same specs.

Mikeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE DMG
Country flag
damn, Quebec folks are lucky. I just looked at costco, I see they were averaging about 499 per tire for for micheling x-ice snow. Pirelli scorprions were about 400 per tire. And appear to be sold out. Maybe it's worth the drive to Quebec for some tires.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I would suggest checking with your dealer on cost of OEM GT PE wheels. I called a local dealer and they quoted me about $500 per wheel...which is very reasonable and not worth going aftermarket route IMO. They will fit 100% and look good.
Getting winter rims and tires for your GT PE isn't going to be cheap whichever way you look at it. Rubber is $500 per tire. $500 per wheel, close to $4k when all said and done.

I got lucky...a local GT PE owner was moving to spain, sold his GT PE rims and michelin rubber for reasonable price to. When my GT PE arrives...I know it will fit without a doubt.
Every dealer I've seen is charging $750+ AND a $50 core charge per GTPE wheel.

nashbrydges

First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT performance
Country flag
I have my winter wheels from my 2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR that I traded in for the MME. Those 20" winter wheels fit perfectly on the MME.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
I just picked up my GTPE, looking for some winter wheels/tires. Isn't there a rule of thumb that one should get smaller wheels for winter driving?

Costco in my area (Calgary) is all out of winter tires. I've checked Crappy-tire, they're not listing any winter steel wheels...

Looking for other options, if anyone has any good resources.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I ended up ordering Replika wheels and tires in the same dimensions as the GTPE has.
I would have liked to go 19" for winter, but the clearance was a bit tight.
Tires i went with were Continental Viking Contact 7.
The girlfriend has those on her Premium and absolutely loves them.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
I ended up ordering Replika wheels and tires in the same dimensions as the GTPE has.
I would have liked to go 19" for winter, but the clearance was a bit tight.
Tires i went with were Continental Viking Contact 7.
The girlfriend has those on her Premium and absolutely loves them.
Thanks for the info. I'll start looking now before everyone rushes to get them at first snow fall, and I'm stuck sliding around on the stock Pirellis...

Which model Replika did you go with? I'm wondering about the weight ratings they're listing...

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I'll start looking now before everyone rushes to get them at first snow fall, and I'm stuck sliding around on the stock Pirellis...

Which model Replika did you go with? I'm wondering about the weight ratings they're listing...
i got the R230 in Gun Metal, my MME is black.
The load rating is 2116lbs so it should be plenty.

AKPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME GTPE, ‘14 F-350 DRW, ‘19 Edge ST
Country flag
Hello all,

New member here!

I posted this in the Canadian section, but figured some states get decent winters too so this may gather more results here.

Just signed for a 2022 GT/PE that was in stock.
Good news is no ordering delay, bad news is waiting for the recall to take it home.

I am looking for winter wheels and it seems to be a bit complex with the GT/PE with regards to what will fit or not.
So far i found that the wheels from a Premium will fit, but those wheels are not easily found for sale.
I'd rather go with 19inch for winter to reduce cost a bit and get more tire choices.

Anyone found some decent aftermarket wheels in 19 inches that were ok with the load rating and cleared the brakes?

Thanks!
Check out this thread from last year:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/gt-performance-edition-winter-tires.9515/

I ended up buying a set of 20” Costco velox wheels for mine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT/PE winter wheels? 64EC09E7-CE70-484D-B666-8B5CE975A498

B8F582F1-E1D9-4E8C-A2EF-B0B44E4555B8.jpeg

Last edited: