craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Got my grabber blue GT almost 2 weeks ago. Live in Ohio. Upon delivery once I fully charged the vehicle and the weather was warm (~70s) I was getting estimate ~240 mi estimate on a full charge. Now that the temperatures dropped (mid 50s-mid 60s) I’m getting estimated ~210s on full charge. I was expecting a winter range drop but its not even that cold yet.
I was thinking it was the way I drive it (I do enjoy to floor it once in a while) but I had my wife drive it on whisper for a few days and the range did really improve. In terms of heat use I keep the settings at 70 degrees.

95E3E055-895D-44AD-8231-1C62D14A4B62.jpeg
Sponsored

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Same here. Highway speeds and using E-heat are range killerd. The range for long distance trips is disappointing.
If you drive only in the city with a lot of stop and go you might see 270.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Got my grabber blue GT almost 2 weeks ago. Live in Ohio. Upon delivery once I fully charged the vehicle and the weather was warm (~70s) I was getting estimate ~240 mi estimate on a full charge. Now that the temperatures dropped (mid 50s-mid 60s) I’m getting estimated ~210s on full charge. I was expecting a winter range drop but its not even that cold yet.
I was thinking it was the way I drive it (I do enjoy to floor it once in a while) but I had my wife drive it on whisper for a few days and the range did really improve. In terms of heat use I keep the settings at 70 degrees.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Range issues 95E3E055-895D-44AD-8231-1C62D14A4B62
Ignore the GOM, monitor your consumption.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

OP
OP
craniosyn

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That explains in that GOM just predicts the worst case scenario range (given the temp, my worst driving habits and heat use). Given my worst historical driving average of 2.5mi/kWh X 88kwh battery = 220miles. Math works.

Thanks for sharing the thread!
Perfect example is my premium awd. Over 4,000 miles I’ve averaged 3.7 miles per kWh. That equates to a theoretical range of 325 miles. My GOM never shows a range of over 201 miles though. That equates to a 2.2 miles per kWh average. The reason? Probably because getting home from anywhere requires a significant climb to 6000 feet over about 7 miles before starting down to 4400 feet. 2.2 mikes/kWh is exactly what the consumption is during the climb.

@SnBGC is right, watch your consumption and do some quick rough math.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I really just try to pay attention to the miles-per-kWh meter versus the expected range. I know when I'm driving harder (or faster) in the summer my range drops to between 210-230. If I'm behaving with my driving I can get a MUCH higher miles-per-kWh rating which puts me at or above EPA of 260. Right now I'm showing between 150-180 and it's been 25-30 degrees F lately.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
my GT was showing similar numbers - 188 miles at 90%, but I charged yesterday and got 202 miles at 90%. I'm thinking it needs time to learn to guess better. charge logs are showing about 2.4m/kwh average which would be 211 at 88kwh.

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
I've been getting, and keeping, 260-265. Even in colder weather. I don't typically use the heater (just heated seat and wheel), which helps in a big way. When I do significant highway driving north of 70 mph, it'll trim my range back by 15-20 miles.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Ever since I had my winter tires installed on my GTPE my range has been lower. It also is colder in PA than on 10.24 when I picked up the car. I’m getting about 200 at 100% RIGHT now With our temps in the 30s/ 40s.

OP
OP
craniosyn

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I found out that the biggest range killer is the remote start. I use it every time after work. After a short drive home about ~2mi my trip mi/kwh is around 1.1-1.3. lol That severely shaves the GOM estimates. With my car giving me about 80 miles to go on a 50% charge! lol stupid GOM.
Now I don't really care any more. I just know that on average in this temp i get about 2.6mi/kwh, giving me 228.8mi for a full charge. GOM can do whatever, i just laugh at it.
Idk what would you guys rather have GOM vs Tesla? My buddy has a tesla model 3 and every time he drives in on a highway the range drops by about 10 mi every mile he does. He says it freaks the hell out of him and he refuses to drive it on the highway ;-).

For me i would rather be prepared for the worst (bad GOM estimate) and have a pleasant surprise down the road as GOM increased.

SgtNz

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
DO(MP)
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Range issues 95E3E055-895D-44AD-8231-1C62D14A4B62
Expected for my GT Performance is 418 kms and during the summer, it’s suggesting I am expected 100kms less. A slight drop I get, but that’s huge.
Did anyone find a reason/cause or solution?

2FB5DA5B-267A-45F6-9222-ADDAEDFED88F.jpeg

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Expected for my GT Performance is 418 kms and during the summer, it’s suggesting I am expected 100kms less. A slight drop I get, but that’s huge.
Did anyone find a reason/cause or solution?

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Range issues 2FB5DA5B-267A-45F6-9222-ADDAEDFED88F
Let's see, where shall I start.
Maybe I'll start with it's just a guess, maybe I'll start with the temperature, or maybe the speed on the interstate, or maybe how aggressive you drive, or maybe ask what's your average kms/kwh, or maybe just refer you to the other 5000 threads on the topic.
Sorry, but this is getting old.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Another my winter range sucks. Hahahahaa wait till you get to the real winter of Ohio and get 175 on your GOM 😂😂😂

PS you know why the trees in Michigan lean to Ohio right

Ohio sucks 😂

Ba dun dun 😂💀

SgtNz

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
DO(MP)
Country flag
Let's see, where shall I start.
Maybe I'll start with it's just a guess, maybe I'll start with the temperature, or maybe the speed on the interstate, or maybe how aggressive you drive, or maybe ask what's your average kms/kwh, or maybe just refer you to the other 5000 threads on the topic.
Sorry, but this is getting old.
A bit harsh, but thanks for the reply none the less. It’s my first EV. I was just shocked that the range told us 100k less than the car actually gets. I know highway isn’t as good. But I didn’t expect to have such a drop in range driving in the summer with less than 2k in it. Hence why I asked if anyone heard about anything that’s been done (ie…anyone know if there is an update to address this). If 5000 threads are there, then you’d think it would be addressed by Ford. At a minimum, stop claiming 418 kms for a GT performance.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this car. Just hoped someone might have an actual update.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
A bit harsh, but thanks for the reply none the less. It’s my first EV. I was just shocked that the range told us 100k less than the car actually gets. I know highway isn’t as good. But I didn’t expect to have such a drop in range driving in the summer with less than 2k in it. Hence why I asked if anyone heard about anything that’s been done (ie…anyone know if there is an update to address this). If 5000 threads are there, then you’d think it would be addressed by Ford. At a minimum, stop claiming 418 kms for a GT performance.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this car. Just hoped someone might have an actual update.
If you drive like they do in the test you will get the mileage.
Sponsored