Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Absolute Black
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bit disappointed in the range of my GT, I charge to 90% and I am only getting 167 miles, how is that comparing with other '22 GT's ?
Ok the car lives outside and it is bxxxxy cold. Even back in the warmer summery weather the max i had was 206-212.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many threads on this. Yes.

kevgallacher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The GT is rated between 244 (high speed) and 304miles (overall)
You should only realistically expect around 80% of the manufacturers quoted figures. and about 50% in the Winter.

So depending on how much motorway driving compared to city driving I'd assume you should get between 195 and 243 miles in Summer and between 122 and 152 miles in WInter.

My ER RWD is rated between 293 and 372 and I'm currently getting about 170 miles on a full charge so you are managing much better than I am, although I live in the North of Scotland so it's pretty chilly up here.

OP
OP
DennisR

DennisR

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Absolute Black
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the replies, just wanted an idea where my range came in comparison. It's not a big deal for me, I rarely go far anyway.

Nikzee

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2020 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Experiential Designer
Country flag
Bit disappointed in the range of my GT, I charge to 90% and I am only getting 167 miles, how is that comparing with other '22 GT's ?
Ok the car lives outside and it is bxxxxy cold. Even back in the warmer summery weather the max i had was 206-212.
I have a non-performance GT and recently took it on a 600 mile trip through Iowa and the range was only showing 180 miles on full charge. Temps on average were 30 degrees. Cooler in the morning. Iā€˜ve had my GT for 6 months but never reset my driving history. Before making the drive back home I did a reset and mostly used Bluecruise with average speed of 65mph. I fast charged twice to 80% but didnā€™t do the math. That night at home I charged to 100% and my range suddenly showed that I had 250 miles. I will admit that I have a lead-foot so it seems that EVā€™s are not friendly to those like me in the cooler parts of the country. My range has since gone down again so I guess itā€˜s time for another road trip!!!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
21 GT. Summer as much as 334 but typical 280ish. Winter, well.. 230-250.

thinkrama

First Name
Rama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I have 2022 GT and getting around 230 in sub 30's temperature. Have seen as high as 258 @ 95% charge in warmer(60+) temperatures in East Coast weather.
Mostly charging at home and rarely(only once in last 3 months) charged at DC Fast Charger.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Try turning off your e-heat if you can stand it.

I'm getting 210ish miles of range with eheat off. I get around 240ish summer so it's a smaller hit in comparison.

Using carscanner I can see when it gets cold the capacity of the battery is lower and the SoC display will show 90%, when the HVB actual SoC is more like 80%. So you'll lose 10-20% just in capacity loss with a cold battery. The rest of the consumption is from eheat use and efficiency losses.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I was able to hit 280 miles during the summer with mixed driving. I drive conservatively though. I've gone as low as 240-250 when I use my lead foot. Winter range is down by 20% so far but it doesn't dip below freezing a lot where I live.

OP
OP
DennisR

DennisR

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Absolute Black
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fair bit of variation, I guess not all GT's, I only use heat for demisting, might be a bit heavy on the go fast peddle at times, what do you expect with nearly 500 ponies on tap but I'm talking about what's showing after a top-up home charge.

Whatever you have driving style makes the rules, my ice GT only returned 10mpg some days ļæ¼

Update: not on charge the range has gone from 167 to 174................. ?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Fair bit of variation, I guess not all GT's, I only use heat for demisting, might be a bit heavy on the go fast peddle at times, what do you expect with nearly 500 ponies on tap but I'm talking about what's showing after a top-up home charge.

Whatever you have driving style makes the rules, my ice GT only returned 10mpg some days ļæ¼

The range hasn't gone up...the guestimate has gone up based on the factors that influence its calculation.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Please search the numerous threads on this :) Every winter, we get an influx of threads commenting on people noticing the reduced range.
What you see on your dash is a continually updating estimate based on:
  • Temperature
  • Climate use
  • Driving history
  • Current speed, grade, weather
  • etc
This affects all EVs, but only Ford tries to give you a realistic interpretation of your true range given the circumstances and doesn't simply show the EPA range all the time like Tesla. In summer you'll see the number much higher than EPA range.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
When you first got the car, did you reset driving history? It takes some time to build up a driving history based on your use that will reflect the real range.

OP
OP
DennisR

DennisR

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Absolute Black
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, 'nuff said on the subject........
Sponsored