Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
MM for MM the efficiency is definitely better. I'm just worrying about more unsprung weight. Last time into discount they were trying to talk me in to 'the lighted forged wheels you could get'. Granted it'd look cool as hell but throwing $4k+ at it to resolve the vibration I was having (that turned out to be another tweaked wheel, and another out of round tire) would have been painful. I'm just still battling these cracked and melted streets. (almost even talked myself into picking up the KW set in the sale section)

Wonder how often they run this. I'm not due for tires for another year or so, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.
Sponsored

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
The new Pirelli P Zero E has gotten great reviews and is a true summer performance EV tire and also has their new "RunForward" technology.
Interesting. I assume these are different from (do they replace?) the PZERO "ELECT" tires? Those are available in the US and come in All Season. Will the "E" models eventually come in A/S I wonder?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. I assume these are different from (do they replace?) the PZERO "ELECT" tires? Those are available in the US and come in All Season. Will the "E" models eventually come in A/S I wonder?
The P Zero E is a completely different tire than anything Pirelli has ever made. Completely different construction and as of now, only available in a summer performance tire and only in Europe. I would like to see the "E" available in an All Season tire but not sure where they are going with this. The "E" is an ELECT which designates it as an EV tire just like other model EV tires they make.

Wolfy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD Premium
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
I Got These on my RWD UR 2023
Hankook iON i*cept (IW01) 225/55 R19 103V XL 4PR EV, SoundAbsorber, SBL
I live in Denmark we have had temps Down to around the -15 C this Year and a fair bit of snow they hold the car Well in These conditions

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I put the Hankook iONs on my car yesterday. I have not had time for deep impressions yet, but it has been raining, and they seem to slip in the water a little more than the stock GT tires. I floored it from a stop and the wheels spun. I could get the stock tires to do that, but I think it was harder. They do hold fairly well on wet roads in aggressive turns.

I am hoping the slight slickness on wet roads means the rolling resistance is lower than the OEM tires, and maybe I will get better efficiency? Crossing fingers and toes.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I put the Hankook iONs on my car yesterday. I have not had time for deep impressions yet, but it has been raining, and they seem to slip in the water a little more than the stock GT tires. I floored it from a stop and the wheels spun. I could get the stock tires to do that, but I think it was harder. They do hold fairly well on wet roads in aggressive turns.

I am hoping the slight slickness on wet roads means the rolling resistance is lower than the OEM tires, and maybe I will get better efficiency? Crossing fingers and toes.
I actually got mine when it was raining and they spun the first time floored it, but after about a week wearing them in on regular dry pavement, they didn't spend the next time it rained. So maybe they just need a small break in?

But then again you have a GT and I have a premium so you can probably spin them either way.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually got mine when it was raining and they spun the first time floored it, but after about a week wearing them in on regular dry pavement, they didn't spend the next time it rained. So maybe they just need a small break in?

But then again you have a GT and I have a premium so you can probably spin them either way.
Oh, yes. You and your puny little Premium. Me know wheel spinning. 😄

Good point though. After a few miles they might be a little more sticky.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Hey Mike, I believe new tires have a coating on them and you need to drive about 50-100 miles or so to wear it off. Not exactly sure what it is or what it is for. I've heard it's something to do with allowing them to come out of the mold easier. Also been told they are coated so when they are sitting around in warehouses waiting to be sold, the rubber stays in new condition. Not sure if any of this is correct but I do know for sure that every time I get a new set of tires, they are very slick if the streets are wet. I'm sure after a few days or weeks of driving, they will become more grippy.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
H tires are rated up to 130mph, no variant of the Mach-E exceeds that.
This is the wrong way to think of speed rating. It should have been called a performance rating because that is what it does. Tires with a higher rating will handle better, brake faster, and survive at higher speeds.

That being said 225/55/19 103H is the factory rating and an H or higher would be acceptable

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I’ve been following the threads on tires and like your reasoning, so I am going to get Hankooks as well. Let us know your experience with them. You are an excellent observer and explainer.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag

I don’t think I can put anything other than a performance tire on my GT. I’m likely going with the Michelin Pilot All Seasons when the time comes.

And, damn those Hankooks are expensive!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think I can put anything other than a performance tire on my GT. I’m likely going with the Michelin Pilot All Seasons when the time comes.

And, damn those Hankooks are expensive!
I would love to put performance tires on but I can't stand the range hit. I am hoping these are better than OEM in range and performance. They do seem quieter, but that's compared with worn OEMs so not a fair comparison.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I would love to put performance tires on but I can't stand the range hit. I am hoping these are better than OEM in range and performance. They do seem quieter, but that's compared with worn OEMs so not a fair comparison.
I’ll be getting these on my car this Thursday. Lots of windy country roads here, it’ll be interesting to see how they perform,

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I am doing a compromise, when researching sizes I have noticed that in a 245/50/19 and 255/50/19 several companies make LRR UHP summer only tires that would be a small range hit maybe 2%. That's worth it for me and I get to buy a new set of wheels.
Sponsored