TMartz

First Name
TMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustant Mach E GT
Country flag
I recently returned from my long road trip encompassing over 2000 miles. I thought it was the perfect time to tap in to my rewards. I had the hardest time triggering the rewards so, I called the Ford customer service line. over several calls and passed from one person to the next, I finally got some lady from an 'escalated' help level. She was able to see my charging history on this trip but, said she'd have to do some digging as to why my bundle could not be activated.
I got an email response from her a day later saying that my credit card was not charged for the numerous charges on this trip and then assumed that the rewards bundle covered the charges. THAT WAS NOT THE CASE AT ALL - my credit card WAS charged for every charger visit AND THEN SOME! Four visits, 5 charges! I took screen shots of the CC charges and forwarded them to her w/ explanation that there was no way she could not see that. Well I never heard back from her! I followed up 2 more times with her with repeated details and questioning why I was not hearing back from her. I have given up as it seems that she has done the same. What turned out to be a pleasant Customer service initiation turned in to a very SOUR impression of the customer service experience and the ford brand in general (I know Ford Corp follows this forum). The reps name is Tina Henderson, the case number as stated in the email header: "CXH-01664138-Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company CRM:0177203". I was ultimately able to get the rewards bundle working w/ my charging needs but through no help from customer service. When I was finally able to tap in to the rewards, the process was easy seamless.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You're confusing some terminology.

FordPass Rewards have nothing to do with charging.

Your 250kWh of free charging can only be used at Electrify America chargers. You have two ways to access them:

1) Setup Plug and Charge. Pull up, and plug in.

2) Activate the EA charger before plugging in, either via FordPass or Public Charging / Charge Assist in the vehicle.

Do not use the EA app. You cannot use your 250kWh of free charging via the EA app.

OP
OP
TMartz

TMartz

First Name
TMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustant Mach E GT
Country flag
Indeed I was but, the rep was clear on what I was driving at and even repeated back to me the 250kWh of free charging in my account. Thanks though for clarification

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're confusing some terminology.

FordPass Rewards have nothing to do with charging.

Your 250kWh of free charging can only be used at Electrify America chargers. You have two ways to access them:

1) Setup Plug and Charge. Pull up, and plug in.

2) Activate the EA charger before plugging in, either via FordPass or Public Charging / Charge Assist in the vehicle.

Do not use the EA app. You cannot use your 250kWh of free charging via the EA app.
Right on being new, I have been using the free charging also took advantage of 22,000 points in the front spoiler out. The door was 19,000 points that were actually reward for buying the car no problem.
Sponsored