Has anybody in this forum received their Mach E yet????

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bet it is a download problem and they need time to correct it.
Sponsored

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
My speculation is that they wouldn't go back to MX unless it was something that can only be fixed at the plant.

They hand built the prototypes in Michigan and all the knowledge is there: Makes more sense to me to ship them to Michigan to fix (e.g. Explorers and F-150s). Unless it is something small that can be fixed quickly with only a small toolkit--then they would send teams out to the different lots on the shipping yards to implement that fix (er been part of that before).

Another reason not to ship them back to the plant is that the plant is still cranking out Mach-E's..where would they put these few thousand ones??

Another thought is that they just blanket added 60 days to everyone's car and will start pulling the dates forward as the cars are fixed and re-shipped. Perhaps we won't have to wait until March.

The irony here is that cars being built now (presumably with the fix in them) may get delivered before these stopped cars...
Don't think dealers have the infrastructure to really work on the mach e just yet

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My speculation is that they wouldn't go back to MX unless it was something that can only be fixed at the plant.

They hand built the prototypes in Michigan and all the knowledge is there: Makes more sense to me to ship them to Michigan to fix (e.g. Explorers and F-150s). Unless it is something small that can be fixed quickly with only a small toolkit--then they would send teams out to the different lots on the shipping yards to implement that fix (er been part of that before).

Another reason not to ship them back to the plant is that the plant is still cranking out Mach-E's..where would they put these few thousand ones??

Another thought is that they just blanket added 60 days to everyone's car and will start pulling the dates forward as the cars are fixed and re-shipped. Perhaps we won't have to wait until March.

The irony here is that cars being built now (presumably with the fix in them) may get delivered before these stopped cars...
Yeah if we see the yard at Flat Rock start filling up like they did with Explorers when they sent them to Flat Rock for rework, we'll know something's up.

On the other hand, that would put both Mustangs at the same plant if only temporarily ;)

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
No, this is clearly a car issue and not a delivery issue - unless the teamsters just went on strike nationwide (which AFAIK they didn't). This has to be an issue of some kind with the car itself. My guess is that your cars in KC are going back to cuatitlan for a repair, and then will have to be shipped back out again. That's the only explanation that fits a 6 to 8 week delay, especially since we know some cars are almost at dealers.
Now we might know what StopShip means--the term was showing up on this or another thread yesterday.

Reactions: ARK

Jmills3232

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yeah if we see the yard at Flat Rock start filling up like they did with Explorers when they sent them to Flat Rock for rework, we'll know something's up.

On the other hand, that would put both Mustangs at the same plant if only temporarily ;)
Maybe mating MMEs with ICEs is how they had always planned to create MME GT's?

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
No, this is clearly a car issue and not a delivery issue - unless the teamsters just went on strike nationwide (which AFAIK they didn't). This has to be an issue of some kind with the car itself. My guess is that your cars in KC are going back to cuatitlan for a repair, and then will have to be shipped back out again. That's the only explanation that fits a 6 to 8 week delay, especially since we know some cars are almost at dealers.
It would make more sense if they just sent repair team to the US instead of shipping so many cars back to Mexico. Another probable cause could be software issue. They found something in it that can cause problems driving and keeping the cars there until they can push an update out OTA.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It would make more sense if they just sent repair team to the US instead of shipping so many cars back to Mexico. Another probable cause could be software issue. They found something in it that can cause problems driving and keeping the cars there until they can push an update out OTA.
...And, as usual, no explanation from Ford or dealers. The lack of communication from Ford is getting old.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Don't think dealers have the infrastructure to really work on the mach e just yet
Maybe, maybe not. Wasn't really suggesting dealers work on it--unless its a software issue (then its a simple OTA update).

If they start showing up at Flat Rock I might have to take a ride with my DSLR and its long lens.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
no...It means your car is going from Kansas City to DE...then to you. Hasn't happened yet.
So the shipping definition of "Origin" is actually "interim destination"? Curious.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I assume - they have to inspect or check something on the vehicle if in transit or stop shipping and fix at plant before shipping. That is what i interpret when I see the words "To ensure your complete satisfaction"

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So much for getting the launch right!
so, to you, blocking shipment of cars in order to fix a problem before you get the car is "getting the launch wrong? " because although we have no idea what the problem is, we do know it's being fixed before the car goes to you.

while it of course would be better for the car to not have whatever the issue was at this late stage, as long as it's not in your hands yet, it's still an improvement over some "car" companies. and I'd argue it falls under getting the launch right.

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
You don't think the Service Technicians have been trained on Mach-E's yet?
Or that model-specific tools aren't already at the dealerships?

I would find that VERY hard to believe. That would be a major failure. The kind of failure that would delay an entire launch; Customer cars wouldn't even be leaving the factory.

EVs require some very specific training. And there's no way a global company like Ford would have "forgotten" to train the Service Technicians.

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
so, to you, blocking shipment of cars in order to fix a problem before you get the car is "getting the launch wrong? " because although we have no idea what the problem is, we do know it's being fixed before the car goes to you.

while it of course would be better for the car to not have whatever the issue was at this late stage, as long as it's not in your hands yet, it's still an improvement over some "car" companies. and I'd argue it falls under getting the launch right.
Yes. It is "Getting the Launch wrong". And I agree, it's better than delivering cars with known safety issues. But shipping a few trainloads of cars north, and then stopping them in transit so that bugs can be fixed is probably not what Ford would internally call "Getting it Right".

That said, I've worked on (Consumer Electronics) projects that did exactly that: Shipped from Factory, held up at Distribution while we flew in a Team to open every box and update the software then re-seal the boxes so they could continue their journey to the customers.

A really great Project Team would have Contingency Plans for exactly this scenario. I expect that's the case here. Or someone pulled this plan together REALLY fast. I know from experience there's some level of Panic, and Oh Shit going on here. But professionals will just "Get it Done". And then we'll get our cars.

This won't be the Last bug found. Let's just hope the "fix(es)" go smoothly and quickly.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yes. It is "Getting the Launch wrong". And I agree, it's better than delivering cars with known safety issues. But shipping a few trainloads of cars north, and then stopping them in transit so that bugs can be fixed is probably not what Ford would internally call "Getting it Right".

That said, I've worked on (Consumer Electronics) projects that did exactly that: Shipped from Factory, held up at Distribution while we flew in a Team to open every box and update the software then re-seal the boxes so they could continue their journey to the customers.

A really great Project Team would have Contingency Plans for exactly this scenario. I expect that's the case here. Or someone pulled this plan together REALLY fast. I know from experience there's some level of Panic, and Oh Shit going on here. But professionals will just "Get it Done". And then we'll get our cars.

This won't be the Last bug found. Let's just hope the "fix(es)" go smoothly and quickly.
I believe we have a difference of opinion here about how we would define a launch being "right" but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on your position as it doesn't seem to be coming from a bad place at this point. (The initial post I replied to absolutely came across that way to me at least.)

For me, a launch being "right" is 100% tied to what I end up with when I take delivery. If I get the car and there's an immediate recall (or a TSB that's effectively a recall without calling it one), that's a "wrong" launch. If there's a manufacturing issue that's detected before it gets to me, that's a "right" launch.

I look at it like software. If a beta tester finds a bug, that's a process failure on the developer side (because, duh, bug), but it's not a launch failure, because the product version hasn't launched to the public yet.

but as I said I think I see where you're coming from. I just don't agree.
Sponsored