Muse

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My husband had to drive me home after a night out. Have you ever ridden in the back seat of a Mustang Mach-E? I love this car, but it's terrible back there. I can feel every horrendous bump and lump on the road, and the horrid sudden accelerations. I don't have motion sickness, but sitting on the back seat easily made me queasy, and it's definitely not related to the couple beers that I had. Yeah, the passenger experience is terrible.
Sponsored

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Like any car, I think it's how it's driven. I've never had a complaint by backseat passengers. The beer probably didn't help.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
My kids have noticed my car feels bumps more than my husband's C40, but they don't comment often, and I try to take speed bumps and unavoidable potholes slower. That helps.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Yeah, I got complaints from passengers, and when I rode in the back I did see their point. It has been my only real problem with the electric Mustang.

I replaced the springs with better ones last month, and the passenger experience is much improved.

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
It’s relative. I do agree it’s a little rough back there.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The uncontrolled rear suspension oscillation is a known problem with non-Magneride cars. The rear springs are stiff and the rear shocks do not have enough rebound damping to control the frequency of oscillation. This results in a harsh upward motion when hitting a bump, followed by the car over-traveling vertically, then gravity compressing the rear suspension, followed by the rear springs rebounding, with several more compression/rebound events following. This leads to passengers (and sometimes drivers) feeling queasy. 🤢🐩

The “fix” for this is to install a set of ICE Mustang Koni shocks in the back. There is a thread on the modifications necessary on the forum. It doesn’t completely solve the problem, as the rear masks a similar but lesser uncontrolled front suspension oscillation. Unfortunately, there is currently no front strut for another car that will fit. This, however, does not affect the rear passengers as much as it does the front and is nowhere near the magnitude of the rear problem. 😊🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
What springs did you install, and what was the cost?
Eibach makes a lowering spring that is a progressive design. It helps with the bouncing issue by taking some of the shock out of the initial compression of the suspension. According to reports, it does not solve the “bouncy” issue. The down side is that the spring lowers the car and if your driving conditions aren’t good for a car lower than stock, this won’t help. 🤔🐩

steveg95

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My husband had to drive me home after a night out. Have you ever ridden in the back seat of a Mustang Mach-E? I love this car, but it's terrible back there. I can feel every horrendous bump and lump on the road, and the horrid sudden accelerations. I don't have motion sickness, but sitting on the back seat easily made me queasy, and it's definitely not related to the couple beers that I had. Yeah, the passenger experience is terrible.
My wife thinks the ride in back is horrible also. I never ride in back so wouldn’t know. Someone posted a thread about different shocks you can put on that help the ride.

jpinFLX

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mache, Volvo XC40, Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Occupation
Director, IT
Country flag
I drove three 16 year old girls 2 hours away for a soccer game. Not one complaint. And given there were three of them, there was ample opportunity to complain, two of them commented how awesome the sun roof is.