SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
My husband had to drive me home after a night out. Have you ever ridden in the back seat of a Mustang Mach-E? I love this car, but it's terrible back there. I can feel every horrendous bump and lump on the road, and the horrid sudden accelerations. I don't have motion sickness, but sitting on the back seat easily made me queasy, and it's definitely not related to the couple beers that I had. Yeah, the passenger experience is terrible.
Yes, I have ridden in the back. Yes, it is bouncy. As mentioned by some, if you drive without pretending you're balancing a jug of milk in the back seat, you'll make it worse. I can handle it fine, others cannot. Some people are more sensitive to it than others, I have several friends who refuse to travel any distance in my back seat.
Sponsored

Justin Jeung

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE
Country flag
I wonder is the experience the same with a GT or a GTPE...
Only the GTPE has different suspension with Magneride. And yes, it does make a difference, which was the determining factor on why I went with the GTPE.

iroh198412

First Name
Iroh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2023 CR1
I chose the most expensive route and bought the kw coilovers + the eibach sway bars for my GT. No more bounce, form ride and the handling is absolutely amazing. I can still feel everything on the road, every bump and and every imperfection but no more bounce or sway. I love it
what settings do you use ?

Sawdusty

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
The suspension is one of my main disappointments with my Mach-e. I last drove a Chevy Impala and I could go over a potholed road and barely feel anything. The Mach-e has been a real letdown in comparison. I've never ridden in the back of it so I wouldn't know what it's like back there, but 99% of my driving is commuting with no passengers so fortunately hardly anyone else has either.

And as for walk-away locking, I don't understand why every car doesn't have this option. My 2015 Impala had it but my wife's 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe doesn't. I'm constantly forgetting to lock it whenever I drive it.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Quick question so thereā€™s two sets of springs being discussed on here, Sally said she got the lift you are showing the link for the lowered which one of these is going to give the better smoother softer ride? I have the standard 23 GT, donā€™t usually go over a lot of speed bumps mostly smooth road or rough road but not speed bumps and I have ramps that allow me to pull up into my driveway without scraping they built really bad in neighborhood for the driveway entrance.
Smarter people than me advised the lowering springs for the smoother ride. I think the difference is because the lowering springs are progressive, while the lift springs are not. Either spring set would perform better than the original equipment, but the lowering springs are apparently superior in some ways.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Smarter people than me advised the lowering springs for the smoother ride. I think the difference is because the lowering springs are progressive, while the lift springs are not. Either spring set would perform better than the original equipment, but the lowering springs are apparently superior in some ways.
Yeah, I was talking to Mark Boris whoā€™s gone now for a couple weeks vacation I guess or business somewhere anyways, he thought since Iā€™ve got aftermarket wheels with a 35 offset itā€™s kicked my tires out almost even with the fender well theyā€™re not up underneath so lowering that an inch looks like it would give me possibly some problems if I were to hit a good size bump, so Iā€™m kind of on the fence about doing the springs.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
contemplating on the kw v3. your's is the first comment/post I am reading that says the setup definitely 'fixes' the bounciness.
Keep in mind that it does not ride or drive like luxury car. It's tuned for a sporty ride. I still feel the road and I still feel potholes and bumps.

iroh198412

First Name
Iroh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2023 CR1
Keep in mind that it does not ride or drive like luxury car. It's tuned for a sporty ride. I still feel the road and I still feel potholes and bumps.
Got it. So I cannot expect it to drive like the lyriq.
My tires are coming up for replacing. Am going to go up from 225 to 235 and lower the psi and see if that makes it better.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Are you talking about the California High Occupancy (HOV) Lane decal? I didnā€™t install Mine because they changed the HOV lanes around here into Express Toll lanes. The stickers are useless where I travel. šŸ˜…šŸ©
i installed mine. i had to get them, because that's how you get a CAV fast track with half off express lanes. in the bay area we have just a few HOV sections left but they include onramps and bridges, so worth the 15 minutes to apply stickers. I think the green ones look jaunty with the cuber 'orange' but ymmv

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
I wonder is the experience the same with a GT or a GTPE...
MagneRide makes all the difference and I'm glad that it is standard in all 2024 GT's.

The Mach-E Vlog couple went from a First Edition to a GTPE and commented about how the rear suspension behaviour was very different, and more comfortable for passengers.
Sponsored