Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’m in Florida, didn’t even know this thing had a heater, all I’ve got is a freezer on 90 degree days.
Sponsored

ToD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD
Country flag
It'll fog the windows horribly, but this is the best way to heat already heated air rather than try to fight mother nature...
Not if you have the AirCon on .

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Other than seat and steering wheel heat 'on', what are your other climate control settings?
I have my cabin set on the lowest AUTO setting to 22.5 degrees and cabin feels warm after a minute or two. If its really cold I'll remote start my car about five minutes before I get in with the steering wheel and seat heat on and there are no issues.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
[QUOTE = "Excited, post: 299871, member: 4400"]
Lowest temp here so far = -10 C. No major issues, works like expected. ?

A couple of smaller issues:

1. Yes, the heated seats on max is, well a bit too much… When setting departure times from the FordPass App, I can only choose between low , medium , warm and ' off '. When the temperature is <-5 degrees Celcius, setting it to medium is a bit too low, and high is perfect - except for the clammy back served on a bed of burnt ass…

2. Would like to have a 'direct button' to turn on and off the heated windshield, just like heat on the rear window. When it's just below zero (Celcius), it tends to be a lot of water (or wet snow) freezing almost instantly landing on the windshield. Please swap with the 'direct button' for heated steering wheel if you can't find a better spot for it [USER = 4374] @Ford Motor Company [/ USER]! I used the button for turning on & off the heat in the windshield a lot during winter times on my 2008 Ford Fusion, and it is also a perfect way to stop dew / moisture when recirculating air and / or in tunnels.
[/ QUOTE]
Do you mean the windshield defroster when you're talking about heat in the windshield? There is a dedicated defrost button by your light controls to the left of the steering wheel.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you mean the windshield defroster when you're talking about heat in the windshield? There is a dedicated defrost button by your light controls to the left of the steering wheel.
He has a European model with a heated windshield.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Guess I should be glad I live along the sunny west coast.... (of Michigan), otherwise I'd be worried about my heater not being sufficient...

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Auto needs tuning for sure. Too hot, then too cold, then fogged down... Cold climate here.

valeriol

First Name
Valerio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RW
Country flag
Yes, my Eheat is on, thanks for asking. I live in northern Wisconsin where below zero temps are common in the winter.

Went out today to pick up the dog. Remote started car in the +10F garage for about 10 minutes while I got ready. Car is pretty toasty when I leave.

After a few minutes of driving I notice the car isn't maintaining cabin heat. Put hand by heater outlet, and yeah, it's blowing cold air. Not ice cold - it's somewhat heated - but not what it needs to be. Temps on this trip were +1 to -2F the whole time.

Now I'm wondering what to do with this thing. Taking it in won't do much good unless they have it when the weather is below zero. I really don't think there's anything defective per se about this particular vehicle - I believe they all have inadequate heaters for this climate. I think it's clear Ford didn't do squat with regard to arctic testing. These cars shouldn't be sold north of I-80.

Guess I'm going to do my best to lemon law this thing and get it sent to Florida where it belongs.
Not sure if anyone else made the same point, but here it goes.

It seems to me that your opinion is based on the fact that the air coming out is not warm, but that's the wrong test. In an internal combustion car, the climate control will pump air heated with the engine until the cabin reaches the preset temperature and then stops, only to restart if the temperature falls below the preset. If you check the air with your hand when it's coming out it's hot. In the Mach E the air is heated to the desired temperature and blown into the cabin and if you feel the air it's going to be at that temperature. You set yours at 65, which is not warm (think about keeping your house at 65). Trying raising the temperature to the max and then feel the air, does it feel nice and warm ? If not, then maybe there is something wrong with your car (of course don't keep it at max or it will kill your range).

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Auto needs tuning for sure. Too hot, then too cold, then fogged down....
Yep, not just true in Tromso. I've given up on 'Auto' here in Alaska. -31F\-35C this AM. Manually set: Fan-Lo, EHeat-On, Floor Vent-On, Mid Vent-Off, Windscreen Vent- Manually on and off as needed. Temp - 71F\22C, Steering Wheel Heat-On, Seat Heat - manually cycled between 2 and 3. Also, if the car has been outside and not preheated, I leave the climate control 'Off' for the first 10 minutes and just use seat and steering wheel heat.

I avoid high fan speed at all times in super cold conditions. It just mixes in the super cold outside air and results in cold air from the vents.

I have both an FE and a GT-PE and the Auto Heat is abysmal in both - if you haven't preheated.

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
[QUOTE = "Excited, post: 299871, member: 4400"]
Lowest temp here so far = -10 C. No major issues, works like expected. ?

A couple of smaller issues:

1. Yes, the heated seats on max is, well a bit too much… When setting departure times from the FordPass App, I can only choose between low , medium , warm and ' off '. When the temperature is <-5 degrees Celcius, setting it to medium is a bit too low, and high is perfect - except for the clammy back served on a bed of burnt ass…

2. Would like to have a 'direct button' to turn on and off the heated windshield, just like heat on the rear window. When it's just below zero (Celcius), it tends to be a lot of water (or wet snow) freezing almost instantly landing on the windshield. Please swap with the 'direct button' for heated steering wheel if you can't find a better spot for it @Ford Motor Company ! I used the button for turning on & off the heat in the windshield a lot during winter times on my 2008 Ford Fusion, and it is also a perfect way to stop dew / moisture when recirculating air and / or in tunnels.
[/ QUOTE]
Yes, I mean the 'windshield defroster', but if I turn on that dedicated button, it turns everything on max heat, and I don't want everything else to go to max, just the defroster to be turned on and off …

Lady Anne

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We’ve got a MME and absolutely love it, even though there are a few oddities. Heat is high on my list of annoying features. Other than that it is awesome. My son who lives in Alaska has his mind set on purchasing a Ford Lightning, can’t say that I’m encouraging him on this purchase mainly due to the inadequate heating. Being a true Alaskan, he can fix anything with Duct Tape and Gorilla Glue! His plan is to install a Diesel fired Wabasto auxiliary heater. Beats the heck out of my as to where he’s going to install it. Drilling a few holes in a new vehicle doesn’t bother him one bit! Any thoughts on Auxiliary heating systems?

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
Only been about -10ºC here so far, but I was surprised at how warm and comfy this car was. I set departure time when I leave home (always plugged in when it's below 0ºC, always parked outside as no garage). I'm able to immediately throw my jacket in the back seat as it's warm enough where I don't need it when leaving.

The car has so far been the most comfy and warm car I've been in winter time. I experience the heat from e heat spread evenly around the cabin, which is pretty comfortable.

I use
Departure time in app
E heat
Blower on lvl 1
Seat and steering wheel on when I enter the car, but always immediately turn off seats because don't need.
Sponsored