Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Been wanting an electric car for years but until now now have been disappointed. We leased a 2019 Volvo XC-90 assuming when the lease was up we’d turn it in and get the (non-existant) fully electric version in 2022. We were frustrated that in three years our options were still basically Tesla. Then my wife and I saw the Mach-E and said “that’s the one”…. Keeping the Volvo, but adding a Premium AWD to replace the 5-speed Golf Sportwagen.

The hardest part will be waiting until ~April before the Premiums start rolling into Canada
Sponsored

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.efficient2Sustainable.ca
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing another MME on the roads in the GTA. Have seen 2 others so far, a carbonized grey and a white.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Been wanting an electric car for years but until now now have been disappointed. We leased a 2019 Volvo XC-90 assuming when the lease was up we’d turn it in and get the (non-existant) fully electric version in 2022. We were frustrated that in three years our options were still basically Tesla. Then my wife and I saw the Mach-E and said “that’s the one”…. Keeping the Volvo, but adding a Premium AWD to replace the 5-speed Golf Sportwagen.

The hardest part will be waiting until ~April before the Premiums start rolling into Canada
Welcome Christian! Sorry you have to wait. It's a great car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

My story was similar. I actually had no plan to buy an EV, but I had growing interest from following the tech for the future. I'm an SUV/CUV guy (and I find the Tesla look ugly). The Volvo XC-40 Recharge looked interesting to me too.

But then Ford announced the Mustang Mach-E, and I was instantly hooked. We've been Ford people for 30 years anyway (Escapes and a Ranger), and the size/look of the Mach-E checked a lot of boxes. Never thought I'd buy a $59k vehicle (twice what we've ever paid for one before), but the timing was perfect. Reserved one in Dec-2019, switched to a First Edition with the Mach Drop promo in mid-2020 (that was a mess), and took delivery in February. Love the vehicle (despite some lingering software quirks).

What I didn't expect was doing so much road tripping in it (8000 miles of trips so far). Guess I can thank COVID for that, as flying sucks now, and international destinations are still impractical. So we're driving a lot instead. Gotta thank Electrify America too for making it all doable.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing another MME on the roads in the GTA. Have seen 2 others so far, a carbonized grey and a white.
I’ll keep an eye out for y’a! MME is still rarity in Oakville as well. Can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a Tesla tho, which was one of the main reasons for buying the Mach-E. Never even set foot in a Ford dealership before I test drove it.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag

Hey welcome! ?

I took delivery of a my Mach-E in early Feb of 2021 and was among some of the first to hit the road in the GTA, but since then I've started running into a few more on the road and we often waive to one another in excitement because it's like running into another unicorn on the road lol. Looking forward to seeing another on the road!

Last edited:

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
Welcome to the club,
I have had my Star White since February 12,2021
Over 35,000 km on it. Mostly driving from Innisfil to Toronto.
Great car and fun to drive.
I have an appointment booked for the recalls. We shall see how that goes.
I put snows and new rims on this season. Very good in the snow we have had so far.
Sponsored