Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My brother just sent me these pictures. I tried to search here and on google (even Hertz website) and can’t find any details.

Anyone seen details on the Hertz Shelby GT-H? Is this finally Shelby building a car after 3 years of teasing one? I wonder if any power upgrades.

IMG_9971.jpeg

IMG_9972.jpeg

Only thing I found was a pic on a Reddit forum from a month ago-
IMG_9749.jpeg
Pretty sure this is a shot of cars on a car hauler going to one of Hertz’ resale lots

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Everyone keeps quoting this Darren Palmer guy as if he has some insight. The number of times quotes attributed to him have turned out to be wrong is astonishing. I’ll go to Elon for more accurate information on Ford’s plans 😀😀😀
Other than delayed timelines, what has he said that was wrong?

And Elon? Lol. Luckily Fords timelines are exponentially more accurate than his. 😂

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Who knows when or if we will get the update.

But 2024? Definitely getting more power right away.

Our issues seem to be software related. Ford was too dang conservative. The hardware (other than the HVBJB) has proven to be quite robust.

I’m basing that on the complete lack of broken batteries on GTs in the last two years. I’ve been convinced since day 1 that we can take more power, safely, if Ford would just allow it from a software standpoint.

All shall be revealed this year it seems. Once the 2024s get more power, we shall see how they handle it. But clearly Dord has spent a ton of time testing these things over the last 3 years.
Not sure too many 24’s are going to sell this year.
I’m sure the car could handle more power, for another second or 2. But sustained increase I don’t see happening. If the aftermarket came to the table and said, we can get you 2 more seconds of WOT power on your GT. It’ll void all drivetrain warranty and only works once every 5 minutes, for $5000. How many buyers would line up? And if it’s only a handful of buyers how much time would actually be put into making Vivid Racing $50 a ‘tune’. EV’s have gotten into exactly what the manufacturers wanted. Stuck. With the inability to write code to the computer outside of params that exist in Forscan, hands are tied.
we’ve seen even basic mods get reset with an OTA (the power meter for Premium models). It wouldn’t take much to flag every OTA to reset the options. It’ll become as painful as a jailbroken iPhone, every update requires to reset and start from scratch (might not be like that anymore but think of this car as an iPhone 4s in the Cydia days. It can be cracked and you can update the icons but everything else is essentially the same).

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure too many 24’s are going to sell this year.
I’m sure the car could handle more power, for another second or 2. But sustained increase I don’t see happening. If the aftermarket came to the table and said, we can get you 2 more seconds of WOT power on your GT. It’ll void all drivetrain warranty and only works once every 5 minutes, for $5000. How many buyers would line up? And if it’s only a handful of buyers how much time would actually be put into making Vivid Racing $50 a ‘tune’. EV’s have gotten into exactly what the manufacturers wanted. Stuck. With the inability to write code to the computer outside of params that exist in Forscan, hands are tied.
we’ve seen even basic mods get reset with an OTA (the power meter for Premium models). It wouldn’t take much to flag every OTA to reset the options. It’ll become as painful as a jailbroken iPhone, every update requires to reset and start from scratch (might not be like that anymore but think of this car as an iPhone 4s in the Cydia days. It can be cracked and you can update the icons but everything else is essentially the same).
I’m much more optimistic that it’s way more than just “a second or two.”

We shall see when the 2024s show up.

My hope-
Rally edition and GT have NO time limits on power (other than top speed).
$995 power upgrade adds 50-100hp

My prediction-
Time limits doubled (10 sec) and the power upgrade only adds 30-50hp

But either way, it HAS to be more than a couple seconds of the same power we have now. 1-2 seconds would barely be noticeable and Ford has never even come clean on how the power limits work…..so they wouldn’t advertise “more time.”

Plus they already said “fastest 0-60……” and the power limit doesn’t affect 0-60.

Reactions: McS

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Other than delayed timelines, what has he said that was wrong?

And Elon? Lol. Luckily Fords timelines are exponentially more accurate than his. 😂
Don’t get me wrong; I place no value in anything Elon says. The other guy has made a number of fantastical claims that haven’t been borne out. The one that comes to mind immediately is the claim that they’d change/remove the GT 5 second limit.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m much more optimistic that it’s way more than just “a second or two.”

We shall see when the 2024s show up.

My hope-
Rally edition and GT have NO time limits on power (other than top speed).
$995 power upgrade adds 50-100hp

My prediction-
Time limits doubled (10 sec) and the power upgrade only adds 30-50hp

But either way, it HAS to be more than a couple seconds of the same power we have now. 1-2 seconds would barely be noticeable and Ford has never even come clean on how the power limits work…..so they wouldn’t advertise “more time.”

Plus they already said “fastest 0-60……” and the power limit doesn’t affect 0-60.
Every time I read posts about people wanting faster 0-60 from the Mach-E I just tilt my head and blink in astonishment.

To each their own, but this is the fastest car I've ever owned, by a significant margin. I don't need nor want more than the 4.6 second 0-60 mine has. I find anything faster than about 6 seconds overkill.

Are there really that many people taking their Mach-E to the track to drag race it?? I have no idea why anyone would need something faster on legal streets.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I know some of you guys really like this look and the ICE Hertz Mustangs looked awesome but, honestly in my opinion this package on this car just looks bad!

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don’t get me wrong; I place no value in anything Elon says. The other guy has made a number of fantastical claims that haven’t been borne out. The one that comes to mind immediately is the claim that they’d change/remove the GT 5 second limit.
He did say that, but that was only like 6 months ago. Let’s see what happens this year.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Every time I read posts about people wanting faster 0-60 from the Mach-E I just tilt my head and blink in astonishment.

To each their own, but this is the fastest car I've ever owned, by a significant margin. I don't need nor want more than the 4.6 second 0-60 mine has. I find anything faster than about 6 seconds overkill.

Are there really that many people taking their Mach-E to the track to drag race it?? I have no idea why anyone would need something faster on legal streets.
Yes, I have taken almost every car I’ve owned to the local drag strip.

Has nothing to do with need, fast cars are fun.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Now here is a good looking rear end!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hertz Shelby Mach-E GT-H Spotted Shelby-22GT500H-tryptic2-rearend

But, this is so so so bad!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hertz Shelby Mach-E GT-H Spotted IMG_9972

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag