Highway passing to top speed video. Fast!

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Triggering me? ?. I launched easy then hit it, you can see the long. G trace spike a bit after initial launch. TC was on, no brake torquing etc. It can cut a 2.0 guaranteed, I’ll play with it more. And as you know, each tenth off the 60ft is good for approx. 1.5 tenths off the 1/4 mile, that’s how I know a 13.2 is doable in perfect conditions.
And lol at taking a fwd non-supercharged Grand Prix to the track haha. Wide Track baby!
Lol run what you brung. Of course I wanted the GTP, but parents still controlled the $$ at that point.
Sponsored

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Just to clarify - if you are driving at hiway speed let’s say 65mph and you need to punch it to 90 or 100 to make a pass, and this is under 5s — do you get the full torque/HP up to 5s of peak power??

so is the 5s limit basically just limited to the time you have the pedal pressed all the way down?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Pfffft.
Started 13mph earlier and went 6mph further. ?? Seriously though, I’ll post a 4X 60-114mph run that’s quicker than 13 seconds.
Brian, isn't this your wife's car? Does she know what you are doing with it? o_O

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to clarify - if you are driving at hiway speed let’s say 65mph and you need to punch it to 90 or 100 to make a pass, and this is under 5s — do you get the full torque/HP up to 5s of peak power??

so is the 5s limit basically just limited to the time you have the pedal pressed all the way down?
No. At those speeds you get maybe 1-2 seconds of full power then it starts limiting power.

The only time you get a full 5 seconds you need ALL of the following conditions:
-floor it starting at 0 mph
-battery high charge
-outside temp warm
-battery temp not too hot not too cold

Outside of those get a limit. But it’s not an “all or nothing” limit. 1 gray bar slightly limits power, but I’ve seen where it’s almost half power (high speeds, low charge, very cold outside).

That said, 65-90 happens in a couple seconds even with some limits.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Brian, isn't this your wife's car? Does she know what you are doing with it? o_O
Yessir, she’s on the forums from time to time checking things out. She wouldn’t have gotten a 4X if she didn’t enjoy acceleration herself ?. Plus, she romps on my SS when she drives it so we’re even, right?

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s been a while, but bumping this due to the recent discussions of premium vs GT acceleration at highway speeds.

No chance a premium is keeping up when it’s full charge and warm out for the GT.

If looking for the video, it’s posted on Jan 17 by Carlos Reyes on the Mustang Mach-E GT owners page.

Last edited:

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It’s been a while, but bumping this due to the recent discussions of premium vs GT acceleration at highway speeds.

No chance a premium is keeping up when it’s full charge and warm out for the GT.

If looking for the video, it’s posted on Jan 17 by Carlos Reyes on the Mustang Mach-E GT owners page.
we won’t really know until someone in the Bay Area steps up and DMs me and we can hit the airstrip. 0-max, GT v. Premium. We can hit an EA station that’s a couple miles from the strip. Good weather always out here… we can Settle it once and for all.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
we won’t really know until someone in the Bay Area steps up and DMs me and we can hit the airstrip. 0-max, GT v. Premium. We can hit an EA station that’s a couple miles from the strip. Good weather always out here… we can Settle it once and for all.
Until then, here’s a quick 70-100 video someone took in a GTPE. 4 people in the car but at least it’s warm and near full charge.

Someone smarter than me can do a frame by frame or post a Premium video side by side.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Until then, here’s a quick 70-100 video someone took in a GTPE. 4 people in the car but at least it’s warm and near full charge.

Someone smarter than me can do a frame by frame or post a Premium video side by side.
Looks like around 5 seconds 70 to 100. In my little 1st world universe, that's pretty good. With 4 people in the car.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

i did this on the air strip, albeit at 54%’SoC, but by myself so perhaps the added laden weight would equalize the charge difference.

what does this do that I didn’t already do with my Dragy? That looks like about 5 seconds, which jives with the data I recorded.

this person alsohas no idea of the slope they’re on. Level? -2%, +2%?

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks like around 5 seconds 70 to 100. In my little 1st world universe, that's pretty good. With 4 people in the car.
it’s good, but a MYP would smoke it, which is a problem.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Very noticeable how after 90 has dropped his ability to accelerate. That’s confirms what I described about GT in other thread.

it’s good, but a MYP would smoke it, which is a problem.
The problem is Premium would smoke it as well. At least mine previous 2021 premium awd extrange.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Very noticeable how after 90 has dropped his ability to accelerate. That’s confirms what I described about GT in other thread.

The problem is Premium would smoke it as well. At least mine previous 2021 premium awd extrange.
No doubt..

and Probably an ev6, and an Ioniq5? 😓

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i did this on the air strip, albeit at 54%’SoC, but by myself so perhaps the added laden weight would equalize the charge difference.

what does this do that I didn’t already do with my Dragy? That looks like about 5 seconds, which jives with the data I recorded.

this person alsohas no idea of the slope they’re on. Level? -2%, +2%?
It’s Flat. Highway in Florida.

What does it do? More data. Adds video. And it’s 95% charge.

Your draggy times were slow unfortunately due to the low charge as your 1/4 mile run shows.

But either way, the more data we get the better.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Smoke it?

Not sure if I should laugh (because the premium won’t smoke it) or cry (because it’s even close when it shouldn’t be).
Sponsored