TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
That seems expensive for such a short run. OP should definitely get multiple quotes for the install.
I did an online quote …$1399😳 Local electrician just gave me a $400-$500 estimate with the 6AWG wire I wanted! It’s crazy the different prices for the same job!
Sponsored

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Since the car has the "smarts" to schedule charging, I elected to get a "dumb" Plug-in Grizzl-e refurb with a 24' cable at their site (no need for the thicker cable offered, it's very sturdy.) Saved over $100 and the thing is solid/built for Canadian elements. You can order the factory to set the charging speed. In my case, 40 amps connected to a 50 amp breaker. As stated, about 25% faster than the Ford charger, which stays in my MME.
IMG_3505.jpg
Thanks for this info! My Mobile Charger has started showing the overtemp error and slowing down the charging rate. It's not as slow as some, but I just went ahead and picked up one of these. I hope I don't regret getting the premium cable, but my garage does get cold in the winter.

OP: Check with your electric company since many offer rebates on specific models. If you are on a time-of-use electricity plan, it might be worth getting a smart charger which will probably include better scheduled than available in the Mach E. If you are on a flat-rate plan, most of the smart features probably won't be much use to you.