How does Mach-e compare to Skoda Enyaq iv?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
The Skoda Enyaq iv is going to be released for spring 2021. It’s a new EV and is based on the Vw MEB platform. It is similar to the ID4 but I think it looks very nice.
its not as sporty looking as the Mach-e but it is more like a BMW in appearance.
Any opinions here about it as I’m now 75% Mustang 25%Enyaq for my next car?
Sponsored

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
It looks good. Hopefully it has the same charging curve as the Audi E-Tron. If it does, I might wait for the VW ID.4. The Mach-E does seem to be loaded with much more tech though.

OP
OP
SashaLondon

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
It looks good. Hopefully it has the same charging curve as the Audi E-Tron. If it does, I might wait for the VW ID.4. The Mach-E does seem to be loaded with much more tech though.
I think for me another issue is that the Skoda is not as quick.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
I think for me another issue is that the Skoda is not as quick.
That's how I feel too, but honestly I don't even know if I'll go for a dual motor Mach-E. 6.5s in an EV is more than fast enough to pass people. EV vs ICE is very different in acceleration, my tesla reacts so fast to my inputs.

I do see that you have a Macan S, maybe you'll miss the speed. I came from a manual Cayman so straight line performance was never something I longed for. I prefer good handling cars so I'm planning on getting more initial range so I could live with the range reduction from stickier tires.

OP
OP
SashaLondon

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Im not after Tesla performance model speed but if the car is quite slow then it will annoy me. I have never test driven an electric car either.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
other than the steering wheel being on the wrong side, it's not a terrible looking vehicle IMHO. Not the prettiest either, but there's a lot uglier ones out there. At least it has some lines and character.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
other than the steering wheel being on the wrong side, it's not a terrible looking vehicle IMHO. Not the prettiest either, but there's a lot uglier ones out there. At least it has some lines and character.
Don't worry, it won't make it to the US. Only it's cousin, the ID4 will eventually make it here.
Sponsored