Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It might be a good time to sell, but there is no acceptable alternative to buy (in my book), which means I am holding onto mine until there is an acceptable alternative. Preferably one that has been around for a model year so I can see there are no more marketing shenanigans. šŸ¤”šŸ©
Sponsored

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
It might be a good time to sell, but there is no acceptable alternative to buy (in my book), which means I am holding onto mine until there is an acceptable alternative. Preferably one that has been around for a model year so I can see there are no more marketing shenanigans. šŸ¤”šŸ©
Yep. The only comparable option right now remains the Model Y Performance, which many of us surely considered and decided against for our own reasons. The EV6 GT & Ioniq 5 N will be the next ones to market, but that 206 mile EPA range on the Kia is an automatic deal breaker for me. The Blazer SS EV is the only other one Iā€™m aware of that should land in the same price range, and I havenā€™t been too impressed by what Iā€™ve seen there. Significantly heavier, negligible improvements to range or charging, and theyā€™re only advertising a ā€œsub 4ā€ 0-60 which probably means the Mach-E will remain quicker in that metric.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yep. The only comparable option right now remains the Model Y Performance, which many of us surely considered and decided against for our own reasons. The EV6 GT & Ioniq 5 N will be the next ones to market, but that 206 mile EPA range on the Kia is an automatic deal breaker for me. The Blazer SS EV is the only other one Iā€™m aware of that should land in the same price range, and I havenā€™t been too impressed by what Iā€™ve seen there. Significantly heavier, negligible improvements to range or charging, and theyā€™re only advertising a ā€œsub 4ā€ 0-60 which probably means the Mach-E will remain quicker in that metric.
Yep, none of the above are on my acceptable alternative list. šŸ¤ŖšŸ© Looks like I am holding onto this car for a few more years at least. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I don't know how people can be happy with the GTPE handling. The SUV is so under-tired. The tires would squeal in protest with moderate speed going around a cloverleaf. My previous cayenne could go 10mph faster on the same interchange without any drama.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Same.

For me itā€™s definitely a situation of ā€œI love my car except forā€¦ā€¦ā€

But unfortunately nothing else checks all the boxes.

Only thing ā€œcoming soonā€ that has my attention at the moment is the Macan EV. But price may wreck that one as well.

Nothing checks all the boxes for me.

If the Genesis GV60 performance looked just a little better and I wouldnā€™t be giving up some of the low end punchā€¦.. maybe.

Blazer SS? Not bad, but who knows how complicated getting full power will be and I suspect handling, braking, and off the line power will be a compromise.

EV6 GT is stupid fast but stupid ugly. Itā€™s more of a Model 3 performance competitor.

Rivian R1S also looks great, but bigger than I want, more $$ and a looooong wait to get one.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok ok ok...MME doesn't win in the final. At that speed WHO CARES!! 0-60 is all that matters to me and the MME won that. Yes 5 sec rule sucks Pony tails, but bar none the MME is the best looking EV out there. I have the GTPE and the handling with the MagneRide is outstanding and the rims are so good to look at but so hard to clean šŸ˜°šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜†
C'mon now... look at this beaut!!!
Just seyin

20220702_134018.jpg

20220630_200619.jpg

20220630_200610.jpg
Ya gotta tint the front windows to complete the look. :)

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This German says after having driven both the Kia EV6 GT and MME GTPE on the Autobahn, he prefers the MME despite the 5 Second Rule.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Same.

For me itā€™s definitely a situation of ā€œI love my car except forā€¦ā€¦ā€

But unfortunately nothing else checks all the boxes.

Only thing ā€œcoming soonā€ that has my attention at the moment is the Macan EV. But price may wreck that one as well.

Nothing checks all the boxes for me.

If the Genesis GV60 performance looked just a little better and I wouldnā€™t be giving up some of the low end punchā€¦.. maybe.

Blazer SS? Not bad, but who knows how complicated getting full power will be and I suspect handling, braking, and off the line power will be a compromise.

EV6 GT is stupid fast but stupid ugly. Itā€™s more of a Model 3 performance competitor.

Rivian R1S also looks great, but bigger than I want, more $$ and a looooong wait to get one.
Nothing checks all the boxes. I thought my MME GT would but it's painfully obvious now that it won't. I'm still going to keep my MME GT but now I'll most likely just go buy a light-weight RWD ICE coupe.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Personally the only EVs meant for the track are the Model 3 Performance, Polestar 2, and Porsche Taycan. Even then... maybe just two M3P and Taycan.

These crossover EVs just embarrass themselves on the track. Fun but not remotely competitive.

For day to day sporty driving - there are options like the GV60 Performance, BMW i4 M50, Polestar 2 with Performance packs.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Personally the only EVs meant for the track are the Model 3 Performance, Polestar 2, and Porsche Taycan. Even then... maybe just two M3P and Taycan.

These crossover EVs just embarrass themselves on the track. Fun but not remotely competitive.

For day to day sporty driving - there are options like the GV60 Performance, BMW i4 M50, Polestar 2 with Performance packs.
Yeah, SUVs aren't meant for the track. The road courses I go to don't even allow them. The Mach-E and its competitors are a fantastic class for getting a mix of practicality and fun daily driving performance, but the track is meant for real performance coupes and sedans.

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Yeah, SUVs aren't meant for the track. The road courses I go to don't even allow them. The Mach-E and its competitors are a fantastic class for getting a mix of practicality and fun daily driving performance, but the track is meant for real performance coupes and sedans.
Exactly, that's why I still have my 2015 M4, which I also daily drive part of the week. But the MME GT PE will make a fun daily drive as well!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
ā€œMeant for the track?ā€

Whatever happened to ā€œrun what you brung?ā€

The track is for anything you want to bring to the track.

That aside, this vehicle was clearly marketed to be built ā€œfor the trackā€ and they even took the time to develop, implement and advertise a ā€œtrack only mode.ā€

You also donā€™t need to huge Brembo brakes to reduce fading on the street.

That said, my guess is less than 1% will ever see a real road course. But thatā€™s true of pretty much any vehicle that even you would agree is ā€œmade for the track.ā€

But itā€™s not about actually taking it to a track. Itā€™s about the usable performance that results from being ā€œtrack capableā€ that I care about.

Even though the track at Sebring is about an hour away, Iā€™ll never take my GTPE there. The drag strip 30 minutes away on the other handā€¦ā€¦

Which road courses do you use? Iā€™m betting theyā€™ll let the GTPE there if you wanted to. Just show them that itā€™s a ā€œstation wagonā€ with 5ā€ of ground clearance.
Sponsored