MACH-E Mountain Way

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E 4X, 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
And is it just a coincidence that it equates to about $1000/mile of range that they purport to have?

Just curious really.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
It’s a catchy title, but not that useful.

In my opinion, the way to look at this is to only consider variable cost of making a vehicle, and add the overhead for a typical car company or Lucid’s at scale. Lumping massive overhead that’s meant to support several 100 times the scale they operate at today is not a serious way to assess the financial viability of a company.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Another clickbait article. People don't understand accounting, and believe the loss/number of vehicl

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a catchy title, but not that useful.

In my opinion, the way to look at this is to only consider variable cost of making a vehicle, and add the overhead for a typical car company or Lucid’s at scale. Lumping massive overhead that’s meant to support several 100 times the scale they operate at today is not a serious way to assess the financial viability of a company.
Please stop trying to interject radical communistic ideas like "cost accounting" into the discussion. 🤣

OP
OP

MACH-E Mountain Way

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E 4X, 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I know that it's not a fair way to look at the company's financial situation necessarily. It was more of a response to all of the folks on here who seem to get spun up because Ford lost $30,000+ per vehicle and their doomsaying.

Of course investing in new technologies and manufacturing capabilities is going to have upfront costs that can be negated down the road hopefully.

(Almost like 'investing' in an EV will have cost benefits that negate the upfront costs that can be higher than similar ICE vehicles)

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I live it when reporters learn about economies of scale for the first time.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I really HATE these titles.

I just put in a pool this summer, finished it up just before the end of swimming season.

I guess it costs me $30k every time I go swimming
I made a cup of coffee in my coffee pot at home. Too bad it took 5 billion years of Earth and then human evolution just to get that cup. I should have gone to starbucks.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I made a cup of coffee in my coffee pot at home. Too bad it took 5 billion years of Earth and then human evolution just to get that cup. I should have gone to starbucks.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
-Carl Sagan

Deleted member 16048

Like everyone has said. These titles are just clickbait and are just mathematical manipulation. I wish people would stop giving into these kinds of numbers and using them for argument. It shows their clear lack of understanding about economics.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like everyone has said. These titles are just clickbait and are just mathematical manipulation. I wish people would stop giving into these kinds of numbers and using them for argument. It shows their clear lack of understanding about economics.
Stop wishing. You'll be disappointed...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lucid Loses Almost Half a Million Per Vehicle Carlin stupid people

Disclaimer - I am not stating that any member of this forum fits the above definition.

Deleted member 16048

Stop wishing. You'll be disappointed...

Disclaimer - I am not stating that any member of this forum fits the above definition.
Oh I agree and am reminded every day when out driving, but I somehow still have a little hope left...

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
Remind me, when did Tesla become profitable? They were a VC darling for a looooong time.
Sponsored