How many cables are supplied with the Mach E ?

Peter Warsany

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi
Thanks
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Hi
Thanks
I haven't taken my car apart but I have to believe there's a very large number of them through the vehicle just like any other modern car.

wait you meant charging cables, I see now. never mind.

gsmith45

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've just collected my new Mach E here in the UK, which was an ex-demo car built in July 2021. I got one cable with it - a blue public charging cable - but no Home/Domestic charging cable. The dealer is suggesting that the car may not have been supplied with both. Anyone come across this?

Do both cables come in a bag? There was a small black zip up bag in the trunk which was extremely tight to squeeze the public charging cable into, so I'm wondering whether this small empty bag is proof that there was originally something provided with the car.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
You should have received the blue cable in a black FORD branded bag, and a normal 3 pin home charger, located under the boot floor.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I notice you are posting from the UK - we actually get 2 cables.

One for home charging, that comes with adapters for a standard UK 3 pin plug and a 32amp Commando plug.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How many cables are supplied with the Mach E ? 4F274F50-17EE-420F-AE45-B9538A472F3E

The other is a standard Type 2 Male/Female lead mostly used for public charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How many cables are supplied with the Mach E ? 4F274F50-17EE-420F-AE45-B9538A472F3E

The Ford UK website has some good info too…
https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/mustang-mach-e/charging#home
That public charging cable y’all get would be great for V2V charging!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I've just collected my new Mach E here in the UK, which was an ex-demo car built in July 2021. I got one cable with it - a blue public charging cable - but no Home/Domestic charging cable. The dealer is suggesting that the car may not have been supplied with both. Anyone come across this?

Do both cables come in a bag? There was a small black zip up bag in the trunk which was extremely tight to squeeze the public charging cable into, so I'm wondering whether this small empty bag is proof that there was originally something provided with the car.
The car would have been supplied with both bags - one cable setup in each bag. The missing piece of kit is worth over ÂŁ700 so don't let them fob you off as it's a valuable asset that belongs with the vehicle.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Perhaps the dealer is using it in their shop?

gsmith45

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The car would have been supplied with both bags - one cable setup in each bag. The missing piece of kit is worth over ÂŁ700 so don't let them fob you off as it's a valuable asset that belongs with the vehicle.
Thanks everyone. Let me answer with the resolution here:

The dealer that sold me the car was floating an idea that the car hadn't come with both cables, however I found a really useful number for Mach E support at Ford, and they called the dealer, explained the situation and that the cars all come with both cables and then the dealer magically found the missing cable, and I've just picked it up.

If anyone wants the number for Ford Mach E support here in the UK, it's 0203 564 4444, and then Option 3. The person I spoke to (Emma) was incredibly helpful and informative and then called the dealer a few times to chase them and then to follow up.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Let me answer with the resolution here:

The dealer that sold me the car was floating an idea that the car hadn't come with both cables, however I found a really useful number for Mach E support at Ford, and they called the dealer, explained the situation and that the cars all come with both cables and then the dealer magically found the missing cable, and I've just picked it up.

If anyone wants the number for Ford Mach E support here in the UK, it's 0203 564 4444, and then Option 3. The person I spoke to (Emma) was incredibly helpful and informative and then called the dealer a few times to chase them and then to follow up.
I’m so happy you got it sorted, but so annoyed at yet another shady dealership happy to swizzle someone out of something that is part of a car’s package.

I think they qualify for the Ford UK Shady Dealership of the Week award. ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag