Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Stupid question but I got a rock chip at the end of my windshield? How much is this one going to cost me to get a new OEM windshields installed.

I still need to get the windshield recall down so worse case I am going to push I can get the dealership to just charge me for parts as the windshield has to be removed any how.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Chips can be filled.

Windshields are a comprehensive claim, may have a separate deductible too. My glass deductible is zero.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Some people can't answer questions directly...

$672 retail or on sale for $472

https://parts.lakelandford.com/a/Fo.../_51505_9401409/Windshield-glass/MT21380.html

You would also need the cost to install it and re-calibrate the sensors and camera, which I'm sorry I don't know the exact price for. Most of the time the total comes to about $1000 - $1500 (inc windshield) when driver assist system calibration is needed.

OP
OP

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Chips can be filled.

Windshields are a comprehensive claim, may have a separate deductible too. My glass deductible is zero.
Problem with this chip is it is right at the edge of the glass. And when I say edge I mean less than 1/2” from the edge. It is right on top of where it is glued to the car.

Everything I am reading is unrepairable.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You would also need the cost to install it and re-calibrate the sensors and camera,
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what camera are you talking about?

I'm assuming the sensors you're talking about are for the automatic windshield wipers?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what camera are you talking about?

I'm assuming the sensors you're talking about are for the automatic windshield wipers?
There's radar sensors and a camera on most models. I guess if you don't get the 360 package there might not be a camera, but I'm not sure.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
So the dealer cracked my windshield when performing the recall and replaced it. If it's chipped right at the edge there's a good chance it'll crack during removal. Id take the chance snd perform the recall and see what happens

rnswa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Prem Mach-e -2016 Lex RX350 - 2004 Avalanche
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had made two prior appointments to get the glass recall done but the dealer cancelled them at the last minute and then they went out of business. I was directed to a nearby dealer that had taken over their clients. I took it there but this time the glass company had people call in sick and so they couldn't do it. Finally took it in yesterday and got a call this morning that the panoramic roof was done but the windshield cracked when removed. They have ordered a replacement, but it will take at least 5 days for the part to arrive.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Sorry to hear. I had this happen to me and got it replaced by a third-party glass repair company recommended by Walnut Creek Ford (NorCal). The same company did my roof and windshield recall. I was quoted $1300 to replace with a Ford windshield. I ran it through my insurance ($500 deductible). It took about two weeks for the repair company to get the part through the dealership and a half-day to do the replacement.
Sponsored