How much time to receive VIN once the order was accepted from the dealer?

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Dumb question here…. My order says “Scheduled for Production Week of 2/21/22” but I don’t see a VIN anywhere. Am I supposed to be seeing one?
Mine was scheduled for production on 10/21. Then on 11/1 I received an email with VIN
Sponsored

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Over 7 months and no VIN. Hope you’re a patient person!

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Ordered 2/27/21, received VIN and build date on 5/27/21.

pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cal Route 1 AWD Grabber Blue (on order)
Country flag
You may be able to find more quickly by following these steps:
https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/findvin
Well how about that! I followed these instructions and a VIN popped out. Not sure what good it does me yet, but nice to see that I'm in the system. It will be interesting to see if the actual vehicle has the same VIN.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Dumb question here…. My order says “Scheduled for Production Week of 2/21/22” but I don’t see a VIN anywhere. Am I supposed to be seeing one?
Its not sent officially to you until months later. You can get it though from the ford.com order status page by looking at the browser developer mode code as its there hidden. Thats how it was with me. Its in firefox browser and there is a macheforum link to how. This one: https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/findvin

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Well how about that! I followed these instructions and a VIN popped out. Not sure what good it does me yet, but nice to see that I'm in the system. It will be interesting to see if the actual vehicle has the same VIN.

My sales person sent me the exact same VIN that was generated when I did those steps on the seg.fi site. The VIN is actually right in that wall of text near the top actually if you didn't want to actually click all those steps. Search for "vin".

It does generate a bar code though that you can use for the App. Did everyone add the app and their car VIN to the App already? I haven't yet.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
With your VIN and your 4-digit order number (it's a completely different number than the 8-digit online order number) you can track the progress of your vehicle to a very limited extent at the following site. If your dealer hasn't already given you your 4-digit order number, you'll need to ask for it.
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cal Route 1 AWD Grabber Blue (on order)
Country flag
With your VIN and your 4-digit order number (it's a completely different number than the 8-digit online order number) you can track the progress of your vehicle to a very limited extent at the following site. If your dealer hasn't already given you your 4-digit order number, you'll need to ask for it.
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
Thanks! I’ll be sure to ask for the 4 digit order number.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
I ordered on 8/26/21, just got my production date on December 9 2021 for 2/14/22 which was changed to 2/7/22 about a week or so ago. No VIN yet.

At this point, I'm just assuming I won't get the car until this summer. Which is fine. It is what it is.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Ordered online 9/1/21, ordered accepted/submitted by dealer on 9/27/21, VIN sent to me on 11/1/21 when initially scheduled for production (12/13/21, now 1/3/22).

Bruno44

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I ordered mine at the dealer on October 30. Got my VIN and production date sent from the dealer about 6 weeks later.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
We ordered our Cyber Orange 2021 GTPE 8/23.

did color changes to the order until 9/23 (to Rapid Red, then back to Cyber Orange once we saw on in Cyber Orange And Rapid Red in person.)

got a build date on 10/21 on the website of week of 12/20 and used the VIN decoder to get my VIN (2022 model)

got a build date on 10/29 on the website of week of 12/27

received a confirmation letter from Ford on 11/1 as a 2022 with a build date of week of 1/3 and a VIN (same as the decoder)

11/5 the build date changed to week of 1/10. It has not changed since 11/5.
Sponsored