How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
So this morning I used departure times while plugged in for the first time. Or, well, I tried to. Unfortunately the car didn't do any preheating or anything.

I also notice now that I've been at work since this morning that my car's status doesn't update. Now granted I haven't done anything with the car so there should maybe only be minuscule battery loss from the cold temps, if that. So I don't expect it to update super often.

But I'm wondering if the two are connected? I've heard people talking about how their car goes into deep sleep and ignores things. So far I don't think that's happened to me since whenever I walk up to my car, I get the welcome lights.

Still, I'm wondering if maybe my car isn't updating/waking up as much as others?

tl;dr: how often does your FordPass app say it updated re: your car's battery status?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If itā€™s not charging, my car never updates its info unless I open a door, start it, or make a change to the charging settings. Forcing a refresh in FordPass or the widget has never worked for me.

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If itā€™s not charging, my car never updates its info unless I open a door, start it, or make a change to the charging settings. Forcing a refresh in FordPass or the widget has never worked for me.
Yea the refresh is such a tease. Doesn't do anything.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I have noticed that the tire pressure info gets updated after a Fordpass refresh even though the update time doesnā€™t change.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea the refresh is such a tease. Doesn't do anything.
Others have reported that the refresh does work, so Iā€™m not sure why thereā€˜s different behavior. When I want to force a refresh from FordPass, I go into the charge settings and change the ā€œcharge when plugged inā€ setting back and forth. That always works.

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully someone sees this because I don't want to spam the forum with every single question I have as a new post.

How "warm" does your MME get when departure is set to "warm"? This morning I'm pretty sure my departure worked. I saw the battery drop a bit (I'm on level 1 charging for now so I can't do everything off my home power so it makes sense the battery would drop a bit) so I'm pretty sure it worked. I even saw FP say that it was conditioning the cabin which I didn't see yesterday when it failed.

But when I got in my car it wasn't what I would call warm. I could feel that the heated seat was on before getting in. And it definitely wasn't icy cold inside the car. But I feel like it could've been warmer. It was in the teens overnight and high 20s this morning. Is this normal? The car definitely was able to get warmer on my ride into work today so I know my heat isn't broken. (In fact, it got too hot because I'm still not used to using auto so much and I can't figure out a temp I'm comfortable with. 75 is way too hot though)

So yea is it because I'm still on level 1 that it maybe spent extra time preconditioning the battery instead of warming the cabin? Am I just expecting a warmer cabin than most people? Is my departure schedule still being wonky? Any help would be appreciated.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
'pulling down' refresh never works unless I lock/unlock doors first.

I would really like to be able to check the state of charge 'remotely' if I have the MME at a charge station and I'm waiting at a nearby restaurant for instance....

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
'pulling down' refresh never works unless I lock/unlock doors first.

I would really like to be able to check the state of charge 'remotely' if I have the MME at a charge station and I'm waiting at a nearby restaurant for instance....
My car does refresh its data in FordPass about every 15 minutes when it's charging. But that's the only time.

Danat0r

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD EXR Premium
Country flag
Hopefully someone sees this because I don't want to spam the forum with every single question I have as a new post.

How "warm" does your MME get when departure is set to "warm"? This morning I'm pretty sure my departure worked. I saw the battery drop a bit (I'm on level 1 charging for now so I can't do everything off my home power so it makes sense the battery would drop a bit) so I'm pretty sure it worked. I even saw FP say that it was conditioning the cabin which I didn't see yesterday when it failed.

But when I got in my car it wasn't what I would call warm. I could feel that the heated seat was on before getting in. And it definitely wasn't icy cold inside the car. But I feel like it could've been warmer. It was in the teens overnight and high 20s this morning. Is this normal? The car definitely was able to get warmer on my ride into work today so I know my heat isn't broken. (In fact, it got too hot because I'm still not used to using auto so much and I can't figure out a temp I'm comfortable with. 75 is way too hot though)

So yea is it because I'm still on level 1 that it maybe spent extra time preconditioning the battery instead of warming the cabin? Am I just expecting a warmer cabin than most people? Is my departure schedule still being wonky? Any help would be appreciated.
Have you checked to see if your heat is set to all 3 bars on "auto"? When I bumped that setting up, my car started getting toasty warm when it pre-conditioned. (it's possible it was a placebo effect, but it's worth a shot?) I remember being equally disappointed with how... not warm my car was after remote starting and that solved the issue for me.

car heat.PNG

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
When using the "Auto" settings for Remote Start, it matters not what your car is set at.

To get the car to "wake up", either lock or unlock it.

120v doesn't do anything for Remote Start Departure Time. I would experiment between plugged into 120v and unplugged, on similar days, with similar time (i.e. come out when the 15 minute period is about to end) and see if there is a difference.

Today I remote started in my garage, and the car was an oven when I got in.

When we had our PHEV Fusion Energi, it didn't get warm at all on 120v. Or cold for that matter. 120v can't do much.

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Some of us track the refresh historically. I can provide you with some insight based on that. Unfortunately, unless you follow me around you won't know when I unlock, drive etc, so the daytime refreshes are normally because I drove or needed something from the car, went to the grocery store etc.

As for the refresh on pull down. It works for me and I want to say it works for everyone. There's a caveat however! It takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes to actually refresh. I think most people here who do a refresh expect immediate results, that just doesn't happen. When I started typing this I went into FP and pulled down for refresh. Now I see the below reported. The purple on the right shows a refresh was completed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you? 1644941625508

I charge at midnight. Here you can see 5 minute and 15 minute refreshes. Why the car does 5 sometimes and 15 others I have no idea.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you? 1644941427738

Ford Mustang Mach-E How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you? 1644941450241

Ford Mustang Mach-E How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you? 1644941471835

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As for the refresh on pull down. It works for me and I want to say it works for everyone. There's a caveat however! It takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes to actually refresh. I think most people here who do a refresh expect immediate results, that just doesn't happen.
FordPass currently says it was updated 18 hours ago. I pulled down to refresh several times in the last 4 hours, but it still says it was updated 18 hours ago (as does the widget). The only way I've found to force a refresh from the app is to change a charge setting or do a remote start. Mine has behaved this way since I got it almost a year ago.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
FordPass currently says it was updated 18 hours ago. I pulled down to refresh several times in the last 4 hours, but it still says it was updated 18 hours ago (as does the widget). The only way I've found to force a refresh from the app is to change a charge setting or do a remote start. Mine has behaved this way since I got it almost a year ago.
I know that you and I have gone round and round on this. Here's what I can provide to show you that although FP says nothing has changed it actually has. I understand what you are seeing and agree that it says what it says, but the data on the backend shows it actually refreshes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you? Screenshot_20220215-082253

Above it shows 53 minutes ago:
But in reality it refreshed 16 minutes ago:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How often does your car's status update in your FordPass app for you? 1644942411952