How to find out what Ford Powerup software version is installed?

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Is there anyway (that works) to find out what Ford Powerup the car has installed?
My dealer said they couldn't tell.
The app just tells me a recent update on Sept 2, but it is not attached to any powerup version.
I find this super frustrating, as I think I am stuck on 2.7.4, but I have no feasible way to prove this. It's like owning a PC, and not knowing what OS you have.
Thanks!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You can look at your SYNC version on the screen but that’s about it. If you post it we can tell you how old it is.

OP
OP

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
You can look at your SYNC version on the screen but that’s about it. If you post it we can tell you how old it is.
sure, it's sync 4 version 22177 product revision 473

OP
OP

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Well that's fairly recent, that's the version that comes in the 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB update. So you are not stuck on 2.7.4. The 3.5.x series of updates should be next for you.
correct! 22-pu0706-sch-popa is my last update on Sept 9th. Thanks you so much! You are more useful than the entirety of ford customer service department! 🥳

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Well that's fairly recent, that's the version that comes in the 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB update. So you are not stuck on 2.7.4. The 3.5.x series of updates should be next for you.
I am not sure that version of Sync indicates whether stuck at 2.7.4 or not. That is the same version of Sync that I have, and I am most definitely stuck at 2.7.4, as noted in my other thread on the issue and confirmed by Ford OTA team.

I did get the 21P22 update and have been getting the alphabet soup updates, like the DC fast charge update 22-PU0603-DC-CHG. Just not getting the numeric updates.

OP may very well not be stuck at 2.7.4, but I don't think the Sync version is a reliable indicator.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am not sure that version of Sync indicates whether stuck at 2.7.4 or not. That is the same version of Sync that I have, and I am most definitely stuck at 2.7.4, as noted in my other thread on the issue and confirmed by Ford OTA team.

I did get the 21P22 update and have been getting the alphabet soup updates, like the DC fast charge update 22-PU0603-DC-CHG. Just not getting the numeric updates.

OP may very well not be stuck at 2.7.4, but I don't think the Sync version is a reliable indicator.
I guess this all depends on what someone means by "stuck", I define that to mean triggered updates have been failing to install or will not retry. But in a lot of cases Ford pauses update rollout, intentional or not. If the server doesn't have an update for your car, nothing may wrong with your car, it's the server deciding not to send something. In the OP's case, she has a recent SYNC version, which demonstrates the car still has the ability to update.

I would have to look at your OTA history for more details, but I'm guessing your car is like a lot I see that just aren't being sent the BlueCruise updates anymore. I assumed Ford decided to move on, but maybe there's a larger server glitch that is holding up the deployment pipeline. Again that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your car, it's likely a server issue.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I guess this all depends on what someone means by "stuck", I define that to mean triggered updates have been failing to install or will not retry. But in a lot of cases Ford pauses update rollout, intentional or not. If the server doesn't have an update for your car, nothing may wrong with your car, it's the server deciding not to send something. In the OP's case, she has a recent SYNC version, which demonstrates the car still has the ability to update.

I would have to look at your OTA history for more details, but I'm guessing your car is like a lot I see that just aren't being sent the BlueCruise updates anymore. I assumed Ford decided to move on, but maybe there's a larger server glitch that is holding up the deployment pipeline. Again that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your car, it's likely a server issue.
Good points. Thanks for clarifying. My car is capable of receiving OTA updates - I got the DC charging update in September. Per the Ford OTA team, a subset of Job 1 cars had issues with the last of the BlueCruise OTAs. As a result, Ford elected not to send the final BlueCruise OTA(s).

The issue is that the remaining numeric OTAs, like the recent 3.5.x series, cannot be sent until the car receives the final BlueCruise OTA. So for those of us in that position, we are "stuck" in the respect that our cars are not getting the numeric OTAs and won't until we get the final BC update. As you note, it is a Ford issue, not anything specifically "wrong" with the car.

The 21G01 CSP was apparently launched in part to address this issue. But it was never communicated to us that way. The email I received in early May said BC was coming via OTA. It mentioned that I may have already gotten some of the prep OTAs (which was true) and that I could go to the dealer to have them do the install if I didn't want to wait for the final OTA. It never said there was an issue with the final OTA, nor did it tell us that the CSP would expire. Being a busy time of year, I just decided to wait for the OTA.

I learned about the CSP expiration on this forum and scheduled a dealer visit. Unfortunately, while scheduled prior to the expiration, the actual appointment was after it expired. So no 21G01 for me.

First world problems, I understand. And there are good folks at Ford trying to help. I just wish the communication was more direct and clear.

OP
OP

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I just got a notification of the 2.8.1 update is going to be installed tonight. Wow. So turns out my suspicion was spot on that I was stuck on 2.7.x.....

Screenshot_20221116-204842_FordPass.jpg

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag