Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ya... It seems like the issue if fully replicable however, so it should be easy for them to at least see. Only downside to that is that I have ZERO faith in them being able to fix it, let alone work on it without jacking up something else... I'm still waiting to get my dang factory door pad code. They "misplaced" it when I bought the car. I've driven to the dealership 3 times, texted the sales man a few times and I always get "oh you will have it Monday".

I enjoy my car, but I honestly can say I would not recommend it to any of my friends.

"Its a first run, it will have bugs", is not an excuse or a reason to have issues like a lot of people are having. Its just not acceptable and people have come up with a reason to excuse and justify it. Just like games now a days. $60 for a game that is basically non operational out of the box. Now people just expect it and still pay the $60 knowing their game will be broken for the first year... Its absurd..
I would not be too sure and the glass is half full works better for me. I had a bad module with the obvious problem of no charging schedule and as soon as I plugged it in it would charge right away and always to 100% along with all the other resets and quirks that came along with that module not functioning. My local service working along with a vary learnt and motivative ford team diagnosed and fix my problem. It is unfortunate but defects happen and when you mass produce it is hard to test every aspect of every system. Until you start the process of asking for help I think it is difficult to say either way. I told them sorry but I will be bugging you on a regular bases until this is fixed (weekly). They had no problem and understood totally. Once Ford finally had the time to look at my problem things went pretty quick. Could of they been faster ya like everything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ya, given its a repeatable issue now I’ll probably report it and take it in. I just can’t be without a car though, I don’t know how they handle that. Guess that is my biggest concern.
Have you contacted service about the factory door code? They can get it from OASIS.
Apparently the sales guy is talking to them. I think I just need to tell the sales guy to kick it to the curb and stop dealing with him.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ya, given its a repeatable issue now I’ll probably report it and take it in. I just can’t be without a car though, I don’t know how they handle that. Guess that is my biggest concern.

Apparently the sales guy is talking to them. I think I just need to tell the sales guy to kick it to the curb and stop dealing with him.
You definitely do not need a sales guy and yes it is time to get them to introduce you to your new best friend for a bit (the service manager). Dude you have no speedometer! That is worse than mine was and a safety issue. They need to fix that for you.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You definitely do not need a sales guy and yes it is time to get them to introduce you to your new best friend for a bit (the service manager)
So, took your advice and went in again, for the 4th time, and asked to speak with the Sales Manager as the service dept had just closed by like 5 minutes.

I talked to him a bit, "I'm so sorry, service is closed, but if you come back tomorrow morning I will walk you over and get the door code. It cost us $80 to pull the code, but I'm willing to eat that cost. While we are there we can also get you scheduled for service."

So, I get there at 10am after dropping my kids off to school. He walks me over to the service department and tells the guy the issues I'm having and he hands me a business card and says to give him a call when I'm ready to bring in the car. "It will take a while cause its new, but hopefully we will have it ready by end of day"..... Thats it...... I asked, so ummm my door code... "Oh they will get that for you when you do your service"...

LIKE WHAT THE &$^@!(#$*... My FITH time driving to this dealer and STILL can't get my door code. And I'm calling BS on it costing them $80, I'm sure they charge customers that price for when they lose their stuff, but I highly doubt it cost them $80, he was just trying to play the saint.

I'm so over Ford, I won't even start on the experience I had with Ford on my F150. Was my VERY first new car I've ever bought, and it was a NIGHTMARE. I was super hesitant on buying another Ford, but I went to a different dealer and gave them another shot. Now seeing the same brush off technique , that apparently all Ford dealerships take a class on, I highly doubt I'll go through this buying experience again. I had no physical issues with my F150, all the issues were 100% due to the dealership. I loved my truck, I was actually super sad when I traded it in. I believe my MachE also has the ability to be an amazing car with some minor tweaks. I like Ford products for the most part, their service and dealerships though are absolutely dog poo.

If you can't back your product and you can't back your own word, I want nothing to do with the business. I get it, its a dealership, but to the consumer that IS Ford as its who we deal with. A factory door code...... How hard can that possibly be.... /endVent...

Last edited:

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
So, took your advice and went in again, for the 4th time, and asked to speak with the Sales Manager as the service dept had just closed by like 5 minutes.

I talked to him a bit, "I'm so sorry, service is closed, but if you come back tomorrow morning I will walk you over and get the door code. It cost us $80 to pull the code, but I'm willing to eat that cost. While we are there we can also get you scheduled for service."

So, I get there at 10am after dropping my kids off to school. He walks me over to the service department and tells the guy the issues I'm having and he hands me a business card and says to give him a call when I'm ready to bring in the car. "It will take a while cause its new, but hopefully we will have it ready by end of day"..... Thats it...... I asked, so ummm my door code... "Oh they will get that for you when you do your service"...

LIKE WHAT THE &$^@!(#$*... My FITH time driving to this dealer and STILL can't get my door code. And I'm calling BS on it costing them $80, I'm sure they charge customers that price for when they lose their stuff, but I highly doubt it cost them $80, he was just trying to play the saint.

I'm so over Ford, I won't even start on the experience I had with Ford on my F150. Was my VERY first new car I've ever bought, and it was a NIGHTMARE. I was super hesitant on buying another Ford, but I went to a different dealer and gave them another shot. Now seeing the same brush off technique , that apparently all Ford dealerships take a class on, I highly doubt I'll go through this buying experience again. I had no physical issues with my F150, all the issues were 100% due to the dealership. I loved my truck, I was actually super sad when I traded it in. I believe my MachE also has the ability to be an amazing car with some minor tweaks. I like Ford products for the most part, their service and dealerships though are absolutely dog poo.

If you can't back your product and you can't back your own word, I want nothing to do with the business. I get it, its a dealership, but to the consumer that IS Ford as its who we deal with. A factory door code...... How hard can that possibly be.... /endVent...
The factory door code is printed on a label on the BCM which I believe you can see under the footwell. There is a post on this forum somewhere about how to find it.

EDIT: Found it on another forum:

What did finally work was me pulling open the passenger side floor fuse panel (and Body Controller Module next to that) and reading the key code right off the label stuck to the front of it. I grabbed it at the bottom and pulled toward the seat to get the bottom two latches to release and left the top two latches engaged. It just swings open from the bottom. Hold it up with one hand and take a pic with your phone with the other hand. You may have to move a cable aside like you see me doing in the pic.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Maybe I missed or forgot something but your door code comes on a credit card with the vehicle ours is in a firebox now. Maybe someone here can help with the door code and how it is obtained? I found ours in the drivers side visor but it was a bit of an Easter egg hunt that @ChasingCoral help me with (thanks again) as my sales guy was worse than yours. My service guys were not. Just people like you and me and they get mad when treated rudely just like you and me.

How you approach people sometimes dictates the results you receive. This is sometimes a learning curve. Sounds like you approached them in a optimistic frame of mind and sorry to hear your take away. Maybe try a new service department and do not talk to a sales manager this time? Feel them out and see if it is a better fit? If this is the same team as your F150 it may be time.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I have no idea what my door code is but I was able to program my own door code via the big screen.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have no idea what my door code is but I was able to program my own door code via the big screen.
That is a paak code and is not as burned in as the factory one.

Did you find your credit card in the car with that info on it? I have heard it may be scattered some place glove box, one of the visor, console etc. If you can not find let the dealer know that you need it and can not find it. My sales guy said didn't I give it to you, think I gave it to you. Testing a white hair guys memory instead of doing his job. It was in the visor and no I was not told about it of given it when I drove it away I learnt about it here. Something we thought we should keep just in case. One of those back up plans.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The factory door code is printed on a label on the BCM which I believe you can see under the footwell. There is a post on this forum somewhere about how to find it.
Did not realize they still did that, I knew that was a thing for older cars. I might just get it so I have it, but I'm still going to push the dealer to provide it as it should had been given to me day one...

When I bought the car the car sales guy said they lost the factory door code card. Said he would get it to me the following day, I bought the car on the 23rd of July...

Yes I was aware of the SYNC4 reboot, I did that on the side of the street before I had made this post. I wanted to reboot the CAR not the SYNCH4 system two different things. Just rebooting the SYNCH4 would be like doing a soft reboot of a computer, or even just turning off/on the monitor lol I wanted the entire car to cycle the system because my driver's display was jacked. There really should be a way for us to reboot the car fully and make it reinitialize all the modules and such. Its a rolling computer, there will be cases, like I had, where rebooting the car might get us back on the road. Turning it off/on does not do it.
The factory door code is flashed to your car in permanent memory. If for some reason your car resets to factory (which people have reported happening) if you don't have your fob you aren't getting in your car. Given I don't use a fob, I want to have the security of having that factory code.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
How you approach people sometimes dictates the results you receive. This is sometimes a learning curve. Sounds like you approached them in a optimistic frame of mind and sorry to hear your take away.
200% agree with you. I worked in an extremely large Service Desk Call Center as a lead, second largest network in the world, only second to the World Wide Web. I dealt with all sorts of people. If someone was chill, explained vs yelling, treated me like the person that was there to help then I did everything I could to help that person. If someone was raging at me and treating me like poo then I did the enough but would not go above and beyond.

That being said, today society it feels like only the people that scream and yell get the help they need. The people who take the approach of "treat people the way you want treated" just get walked all over because they are not brining attention to themselves or causing a ruckus.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
200% agree with you. I worked in an extremely large Service Desk Call Center as a lead, second largest network in the world, only second to the World Wide Web. I dealt with all sorts of people. If someone was chill, explained vs yelling, treated me like the person that was there to help then I did everything I could to help that person. If someone was raging at me and treating me like poo then I did the enough but would not go above and beyond.

That being said, today society it feels like only the people that scream and yell get the help they need. The people who take the approach of "treat people the way you want treated" just get walked all over because they are not brining attention to themselves or causing a ruckus.
I am a pretty patience guy and yes sometimes when you are not the squeaky wheel you get overlooked as if they think no worries he is always cool with it. On the flip side once they get to know you when you do get a bit pushy they take note and know you mean it. My Ford service guys where good but my car did not work and I was pretty sure it was hardware. I told them I hate to be a pain but I am going to be a squeaky wheel for awhile. They understood. You drop this much cash on them I think it is hoped they do understand but not all see it that way. My guys were cool and you need to find the same. If you know what honey got you to bend over it should be no problem spreading it on others. Don't start to pay it forward backwards that is an exponential growth we see too much of.

jdhzzz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Systems engineer
Country flag
Yes, @TheVirtualTim posted a video about releasing a couple of the latched connectors in the underhood bused electrical center.
Thanks for this. Had the DSP fix about 14 months ago. All was fine until this past week. Radio silence. All audio silence. Reset Sync. No joy. Found this post. Followed the link. Pulled the fuse connections, let it sit for 5 minutes (okay 10), reconnected the fuse blocks, reassembled things. Cured.

Thank you. Thank you. Saved the pain of going through the dealer who, as pointed out, knows much less than those posting here.
Sponsored