Can you reboot a Mach-E?

Bonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Former Tesla owner and newbie here. On the Tesla you could do a reboot and in fact, most of the "pro" owners recommended doing it after every software upgrade. It would also solve some issues that were encountered in normal operation.

So the question is can you do a reboot on a Mach-E?

Thanks
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There are different modules that can be “rebooted.” You can force a Sync (the software on the center screen) reboot by holding the volume down and next track buttons on the steering wheel. You can force a power-down/up of the telecommunications systems by pulling fuse 11/12 in the passenger footwell fuse array, leaving it out for 10 minutes, then reinstalling it. You can also force-reboot everything by pulling the negative cable from its mount at the jump point for 10 minutes and reinstalling it. 😊🐩

OP
OP

Bonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Holy cow! :oops: Well, I’ll just deal with the occasional issues that come up.

Thanks for the quick response.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

In most cases a Sync reboot will clear the issues that pop up since Sync is responsible for most of the interface you see in the car. 😊🐩

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Someone needs to post a howto on changing the useless parking button to a reset Sync. I'd be tapping on that all day long.
Because holding volume down and right seek is too challenging?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
OP can I ask why you went from a Tesla to the Mach-E? I'm curious as my goal is to get out of my Mach-E and into a Tesla.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

As was mentioned if you have an issue it will most likely be with infotainment, so the two button reset is enough.
These aren’t cellphones and it’s kind of a bummer that people believe they have to, or actually have to, do a reboot on their Teslas so often it’s considered normal to do so. I maybe have to do the infotainment restart a few times a year in my F-150 and haven’t yet had a reason to on the MME. It would irritate me to have something I count on that needs to be restarted often to work properly.

OP
OP

Bonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
OP can I ask why you went from a Tesla to the Mach-E? I'm curious as my goal is to get out of my Mach-E and into a Tesla.
Well, there were several reasons. One main one is I wanted my wife to drive my EV and she was pretty intimidated with the Model S I had. Secondly I didn't want to get another Model S and the Model 3 and Y have what I feel are really bad ergonomics, eg, no more steering wheel stalks, one single screen to control everything. The one major plus Tesla has is the great charging network. I never had any problems driving anywhere and getting a charge.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Former Tesla owner and newbie here. On the Tesla you could do a reboot and in fact, most of the "pro" owners recommended doing it after every software upgrade. It would also solve some issues that were encountered in normal operation.
Full reboot of all modules in the car requires disconnecting the 12V battery for 10 mins. But generally there are other things you can try for smaller issues first.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Because holding volume down and right seek is too challenging?
Not at all, but I'd like the most used function to be single press. I wouldn't mind if the brake pedal reset Sync. 😂

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As was mentioned if you have an issue it will most likely be with infotainment, so the two button reset is enough.
These aren’t cellphones and it’s kind of a bummer that people believe they have to, or actually have to, do a reboot on their Teslas so often it’s considered normal to do so. I maybe have to do the infotainment restart a few times a year in my F-150 and haven’t yet had a reason to on the MME. It would irritate me to have something I count on that needs to be restarted often to work properly.
I'vew reset Sync exactly twice since I got my car in November of 2021. Once just to see it, once because I wanted to see if an error message I got after an FDRS update would clear. Driving the car for ten minutes would have self-cleared the error in case 2. 🤷‍♂️🐩

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Someone needs to post a howto on changing the useless parking button to a reset Sync. I'd be tapping on that all day long.
Ya, that's just what I need. Instead of the dogs turning on the 4 way flashers they instead constantly reboot sync....
Sponsored