Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
does the FRUNK/FROOT drain have and actual Hose attached and if so, is it routed to a specific location?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Love it! Did you turn it upside down after removing or trim the bottom tabs?
Bottom tabs are not an issue. Trim the top stop to allow the panel to be raised and then the lip on the each support must be notched.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
I took my 'Frunkectomy' one step further.... I wanted to see if it was the seal between the Frunk and hood making the hood difficult to latch, so I removed the hood 'liner' that has the seal..... I figure I could put it back if I wanted, but I'd rather remove weight from the MME anywhere I can.

Unfortunately, it does not appear to be the hood seal that is making the latch difficult. I did discover however, that a smooth steady push with hand(s) centered above the latch from about a foot above 'closed', not quite a 'slam', but with good followthru seems to be the best way to constantly get the second latch to catch.

The rear panel cover, dividers, and hood liner add up to 10.5# of plastic by the way!

...not much, but I like the idea of the Frunkectomy as 'reverse plastic surgery' to lose a little weight and get a peek at the cool stuff under the covers.

frunkectomy plastic removed.jpg
You are driving without those parts installed? Maybe Replace them with a suspended mesh support to hold whatever u want to carry in the frunk?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
You are driving without those parts installed? Maybe Replace them with a suspended mesh support to hold whatever u want to carry in the frunk?
I left these out for now.... hood liner, rear 'beauty cover', dividers. 10# of useless plastic

I did not remove the Frunk bin... but I probably will be modifying it to add some better access hatches to the HV disconnect, LV connection points and fuse box area at some point.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I generally use end-cutters to remove those push-to-lock plastic rivets.

I was thinking of removing the cowl cover and leaving it put permanently (once I get my MME), along with the frunk dividers. The other covers? Who knows? Maybe/maybe not.

CarbonizedHex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Got my MME today, first thing was to take the divider out! I didn't have any fancy tools, but a quick look around my stuff yielded some pictures hangers which worked perfectly. Insert one on each side, pointer finger through the middle with thumb and middle finger holding pressure on the clips. Pull gently and presto!
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to - Remove Mach-E frunk divider - DIY writeup IMG_5015
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to - Remove Mach-E frunk divider - DIY writeup IMG_5016

MICO

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Rapid Red
Country flag
takes about ten minutes....
using a pair of stubby 'regular' screwdrivers and pliers, or an 'auto-fastener' tool to minimize damage to the (fairly soft plastic) fasteners.

You can re-install the fasteners, or get some new ones at a hardware store, to plug the holes. Or leave the extra drain holes and put some foam or Astroturf (my favorite) in the bottom of the frunk to keep cargo from sliding around and clunking when you are out there Drifting.... ;)

It looks like a good solution, BUT why does Ford make you go out and buy extra tools when you might only use them a few times? Why didn't they think proactively and give us wing nuts or a hex head that you can use with a ratchet wrench?
The point being, it's just a hassle you don't need. I guess every thing goes in the trunk