Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. PAAK works for me 100% of the time without exception. Every. Single. Time. There's an occasional delay if I approach the car from directly behind it with my phone in my back pocket, but it still wakes up.
2. I don't carry a keyfob, I don't have one in the car. If it doesn't work at some point, that's what the codes are for. The keyfobs are in faraday bags in the house.
3. I live on an island. A long trip starts and ends at your home. It's also entirely within the range of any ER MME currently on the road without charging.

Most of us who bought the extra keys did so several months ago over concerns that PAAK hardly functions. Those fears have proven unfounded for the majority of owners. While some are still having problems, it's not a widespread issue despite what the forums might lead you to believe. Ard yes, Ford, should have included 2 fobs from the start. In the meantime, the fobs will be available at some point in time.
Gr8 to hear you have no probs. Puddle lights light up on every approach at night. With electronics your setup working does not necessarily mean it works for all. Therefore I think those that voice problems should be listened to and not dismissed with mine works. Unfounded or fixed on yours? Do you think all early version have been updated now? For some users PAAK and Sync working flawlessly with no chance of getting better would be a bit of a ridiculous statement at this stage. I would use acceptable/functioning at this stage. Better than at the start and hoping that continues.
Sponsored

Flowell

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e
Occupation
Civil Field Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I saw that. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. Though to be honest, most horses will drink quite readily if you lead them to water.

I got my second fob a couple of months before my car. The dealer programmed it for free when I picked up my MME. Ironically, PAAK works fine, 100% of the time so neither fob ever gets used.
what happens when there is no water?

6AM

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e, Kia Telluride
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Has anyone actually successfully programmed a key themselves?

Flowell

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e
Occupation
Civil Field Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone actually successfully programmed a key themselves?
From what I have learned, you need two keys to program your own. And that is the pickle we find ourselves in, only one supplied with the car.
Sponsored

Reactions: 6AM